Declan Rice pledges future to England.

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Declan Rice pledges future to England.

Postby bowltorious on Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:27 pm

As I said when I first saw him the lad has it in him to be world class and it seems most are coming round to that idea as well. He's progressed faster than I thought and he's performed consistently for a season and a half now and is only 20! He is easily worth £75million plus imo. One of the hardest position to fill and he has the potential to fill it for someone (probably going to be Man City after next season) for the next decade at least. That's only 7.5 million a season for a world class DM. Let's be honest he will go within the next few seasons but lets hope we dont get mugged off as usual.
bowltorious

Postby ageing hammer on Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:35 pm

I wouldn't trust Sully to get the right price for him, West Ham have a long history of not getting a players true worth, I would offer Daniel Levy 10% and ask him to do the deal, we would get about 120 Million that way. :D
ageing hammer

Postby Westbourne Bill on Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:13 pm

hammerman11 wrote:IF/WHEN it happens I will be done with football as what is the point as the officials are bent, FFP is bent and everything is geared to the top clubs winning everything for TV.

Chelsea and Man City are facing transfer bans in the next two windows and Birmingham were docked points for the same offence, so if it is bent, FFP is still taking some prisoners IMO.

Re Rice going, even Spurs lost Bale and Modric, Man U lost Ronaldo, Liverpool lost Coutinho and Suarez. Only Barca and RM are immune. I suspect he will be advised to stay one more season in order to be assured regular football leading up to the Euros...and then I think we will get a fair price for him as I doubt he would "do a Payet or Arnie". Whether the funds are then invested properly or not is a different matter of course.

There is a TV and refereeing bias in favour of the top 6 though, of that there is no doubt though.
Westbourne Bill

Postby Samba on Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:19 pm

peter49uk wrote:Think he would be a good capitano.

Make that capitán, pete :wink:
Samba

Postby kentishiron on Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:34 pm

i think the title of this thread should be changed
kentishiron

Postby chigwells finest on Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:06 pm

watching that **** shower of a shambles in Barcelona , I cant keep thinking that they'll sell Pogba for £ 150 million and spend £ 75 on young Declan for starters
chigwells finest

Postby ageing hammer on Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:27 pm

chigwells finest wrote:watching that **** shower of a shambles in Barcelona , I cant keep thinking that they'll sell Pogba for £ 150 million and spend £ 75 on young Declan for starters

Your figures are reversed :think:
ageing hammer

Postby hammerman11 on Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:50 am

make rice captain for next season should help keep him a bit longer. noble can be the non playing captain.
hammerman11

Postby Coops on Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:46 am

chigwells finest wrote:watching that **** shower of a shambles in Barcelona , I cant keep thinking that they'll sell Pogba for £ 150 million and spend £ 75 on young Declan for starters

I wouldn't swap Rice for Pogba.
Coops

Postby Chicken Run Supreme on Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:33 am

The sort of cash that's been thrown at Arnautovic should be redirected to Declan. Can't wait to see the back of Arnie but we should do all we can to keep Rice here. My biggest fear is that the clowns in charge will sell him way below his real value, we are really crap negotiating a good deal.
I also reckon he is ready to step up to being team captain and agree that Noble could be club captain.
Chicken Run Supreme

Postby iLoveLasagne on Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:29 am

I would make Rice vice-captain. Hopefully we will see competition for Noble next season and he will sit out some games so Rice will get a chance. A full captaincy role may prove to be a distraction for Declan. He should be allowed to focus on his own game for a while I think. If he had other leaders to support him then I would support making him captain, but we seem a bit short on those.
iLoveLasagne

Postby Ribbot on Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:00 pm

I dont think Dec wants to go anywhere, I would assume considering all that's gone on in his life over the last 12 months that the lad craves a bit of stability for next season at least.

Anyway, he isnt ready for RM just yet, and playing in the reserves/u23's at RM would definitely not be his choice.
Ribbot

Postby wolf359 on Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:16 pm

Jimmy's a fan (on BBC page discussing the PFA team of the year)

Hasselbaink: This boy Rice has caught my eye. I saw him play and followed him, he left Chelsea to join West Ham and they have nurtured him. He is 20 but plays so maturely and in an important position where you have to be unselfish. What I have noticed is he does it simply, getting the ball and playing it. He has a pass accuracy of around 80%. He has been very consistent and against Manchester United at Old Trafford, he played a magnificent game and was above everyone else
wolf359

Postby hammerman11 on Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:01 pm

we need to do a few things to keep him at the club for a few more years:
1. make him vice captain/captain
2. get someone in alongside him so he can enjoy his game
3. build a better team around him

It is inevitable that man city will come calling in the next 2 years if he continues to progress. a fee touching 80m will then be appropriate. city will pay it as he replaces fernandinho for them for next 12 years at least.
hammerman11

Postby Croydon on Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:16 pm

Too early to burden him with the captaincy. Let him continue developing without extra pressure.
Croydon

Postby Coops on Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:39 pm

hammerman11 wrote:we need to do a few things to keep him at the club for a few more years:

It is inevitable that man city will come calling in the next 2 years if he continues to progress. a fee touching 80m will then be appropriate. city will pay it as he replaces fernandinho for them for next 12 years at least.

They will probably have a couple of 33 year olds we can take off of them for a third of that too, leaving good old Dave a healthy profit.
Coops

Postby Rasp on Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:02 pm

hammerman11 wrote:we need to do a few things to keep him at the club for a few more years:

4. He needs his own song
Rasp

Postby bubbles500 on Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:29 pm

United have said they will change their buying policy and go for the best in 20-24 age bracket he seems a very obvious target for them. GSB will put up absolutely no resistance if it’s a £50m offer it’s the stuff of their wet dreams.
bubbles500

Postby The Old Man of Storr on Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:50 pm

Rasp wrote:
4. He needs his own song

Now then , now then , how's about that then , Guys and Gals .....

' My Lovely Mayo Mammy ' .

The Old Man of Storr

Postby Cuenca 'ammer on Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:19 am

bubbles500 wrote:United have said they will change their buying policy and go for the best in 20-24 age bracket he seems a very obvious target for them. GSB will put up absolutely no resistance if it’s a £50m offer it’s the stuff of their wet dreams.

good possibility..

they have Fred 40M and Pogba 90M - Herrera's contract runs out this summer.... wanted 200K according to the papers.

Rice would be cheaper per week

Citeh have Fernandinho - but it seems sometimes although he's their rock, they played much more fluidly without him in the week.... didn't seem happy to come off and he is getting on.

there's two good places for him right there...might be a bit inexperienced for ManU as they need stability but would fit in for sure.

Citeh could take him and understudy Fernandinho but as much as they think of Foden he doesn't play much but then again his is behind some very young talented midfield players in his position and that David Silva can still play a bit.

:wink:

still not convinced about OGS to be honest. he got very favourable fixtures when he first took over and since he has been playing some of the big boys and his gloss over the departure of Mourino wore off, his players have reverted to the norm. big egos, players believing they are much better than they are, players who ain't up for a scrap, players who are happy when things are going their way but when they ain't roll over. might movethere and find a new bloke in by Christmas. Pep ain't going anywhere anytime soon.

this is his third year, isn't it ? when he normally chucks it in and moves on ? but not sure he's going to do that at least for the foreseeable and I reckon he'll demand some wedge to upgrade.

can see a couple of big money buys moving on.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion