Declan Rice pledges future to England.

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Declan Rice pledges future to England.

Postby screech on Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:16 am

When the day finally comes and he is sold we have to put a 25% sell on clause in the deal
If he leaves for say £75m to a champs league team and does well 3 years down the line he will be worth min £150m, £37.5m when he is sold will be a nice rebate
screech

Postby S-H on Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:21 am

screech wrote:When the day finally comes and he is sold we have to put a 25% sell on clause in the deal
If he leaves for say £75m to a champs league team and does well 3 years down the line he will be worth min £150m, £37.5m when he is sold will be a nice rebate

I'd be happy with that as long as GSB were gone, the thought of them getting even richer from our football club, makes me sick.
S-H

Postby Crouchend_Hammer on Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:41 am

From what I have read over the past couple of weeks I would say Man U is now the most likely destination. Not this summer, but after the Euros next summer

I think that would be a good move for him personally as clearly at some point soon they will rebuild and be challenging at the very top again

Their fans seem very keen on rebuilding with Rice and other young players
Crouchend_Hammer

Postby S-H on Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:43 am

They will have Pogba money burning a hole in their pockets this summer I reckon, on top of the millions at their disposal, I think they will make a move for him sooner than you think, sadly.
S-H

Postby hammerman11 on Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:47 am

trouble is if united/city come in with a 50m bid the dildos will probably sell rather than at his true worth of around 70m at the moment.

make rice captain for next season and that will hopefully keep him here for another season, after the euro`s next year if he does well, we have no chance unless we are by some miracle in the top 4.

I expect him to leave in the summer 2020 for around 100m

GSB will be anticipating this payday already !
hammerman11

Postby bubbles500 on Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:00 am

I’m sorry I think people are deluding themselves if they think we’d get £75m for Rice. To start with DM just don’t go for those kind of figures. I don’t think one has ever in world football. Fabinho Jorginho Kante were all in the £50-60m range. Yes I know he’s English but I can’t see more than £55m top whack.
bubbles500

Postby hammerman11 on Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:08 am

he will go for a lot more as prices are set to increase as per every season. he is English, young and experienced in the premier league. 75m is nothing for city or united. if they want him it wont be the price stopping them !
hammerman11

Postby Crouchend_Hammer on Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:09 am

S-H wrote:They will have Pogba money burning a hole in their pockets this summer I reckon, on top of the millions at their disposal, I think they will make a move for him sooner than you think, sadly.

I don't think Rice will be that open to a move this summer, which may put suitors off.
He knows he needs regular football to get in the England team and then the Euros.
Summer 2020 I think he will be more ready to leave
Crouchend_Hammer

Postby S-H on Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:12 am

Hope you're right crouchy, although I hope he stays for longer.
S-H

Postby bubbles500 on Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:17 am

hammerman11 wrote:he will go for a lot more as prices are set to increase as per every season. he is English, young and experienced in the premier league. 75m is nothing for city or united. if they want him it wont be the price stopping them !

Why will prices increase ? The TV deal stagnated. Personally think prices have more or less hit their ceiling, the sharp increase was the new TV deal. And I just don’t see a bidding war for Rice I really think it’s United or nowhere. I don’t think he’s yet proven he is City level, they are looking at players of de Jong level that’s their standard. Liverpool don’t need with Fabinho. Spurs have Dier and winks and need a more attacking CM like Sissoko. Chelsea have Kante and Jorginho and Arsenal have Torreira and not much money.
bubbles500

Postby Coops on Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:32 am

He will go for £40 Million if the buying club pay cash up front.
"We have been working really hard to try and keep him, I was up all night, on Christmas Day, from my Hospital bed, but the player wanted to leave. It is a really good deal. We are pleased to announce the return of West Ham legend and Champions League star Javier Mascherano as his replacement".
Coops

Postby SammyLeeWasOffside on Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:08 am

bubbles500 wrote: Why will prices increase ? The TV deal stagnated. Personally think prices have more or less hit their ceiling, the sharp increase was the new TV deal. And I just don’t see a bidding war for Rice I really think it’s United or nowhere. I don’t think he’s yet proven he is City level, they are looking at players of de Jong level that’s their standard. Liverpool don’t need with Fabinho. Spurs have Dier and winks and need a more attacking CM like Sissoko. Chelsea have Kante and Jorginho and Arsenal have Torreira and not much money.

I think you are right for some clubs on fees but city will spend what they want irrespective. They also don't have to need him to want him.
SammyLeeWasOffside

Postby bubbles500 on Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:45 am

City are on the edge of FFP they can’t just throw money around. As seen with Jorginho and Sanchez and Fred when numbers got silly they backed out. Fernandinho aging and LB is their 2 main issues. As said I really can’t see them solving the problem with someone like Rice. They will go for a high end proven CL player.
bubbles500

Postby szola on Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:52 am

Knowing us, we've already made promises to Rice about what type of deal we'll accept come summer/next summer.
szola

Postby The Old Man of Storr on Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:09 am

Declan needs to be at West Ham United for at least 2 more seasons before he becomes the real deal for the Top 6 Boys - but wouldn't it be really really nice if we were able to become that Top 6 team that Declan could be part of , perhaps as Captain ?

This Summer will tell us what we need to know .

Spend another £100m + or sell up .
The Old Man of Storr

Postby IronworksDave on Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:26 am

hammerman11 wrote:he will go for a lot more as prices are set to increase as per every season. he is English, young and experienced in the premier league. 75m is nothing for city or united. if they want him it wont be the price stopping them !

Nope the probability is that as they historically tend to do between TV deals transfer fees flatten out and even drop back for a couple of windows ... 11 was a peak with 12 and 13 lower, 14 jumped with 15,16 about the same ... big jump in 17 and 18 as clubs saw the huge money arriving but 19 and 20 will probably be flat if not lower.

Only the big six can afford the huge buys with their European money, if they hold back the market will be tight for cash. If we want the top price for Rice we will have to wait until 2021 when the next TV deal will come around.

Here's a bit of a guide to the capabilities of certain chairmen ....

West Ham's largest ever transfer window spend was in 18/19 at the very peak of player prices, that same season Spurs spent zero having had their record window in 16/17 when players were almost 50% cheaper ... luck? or just good business? ... well go back to 10/11 the previous peak and Spurs spent just 26m the next two years when prices were lower 80m ....

What's the betting Spurs will go big for the next two years then sit back when the next TV price surge arrives? it's not that hard to see why they make record profits, it's just odd that other chairmen can't see what's staring them in the face.

Buy Cheap Sell High ... Business 1-0-1
IronworksDave

Postby mattyD on Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:51 am

bubbles500 wrote:City are on the edge of FFP they can’t just throw money around.

if spending about £200m on fullbacks and a goalkeeper isn't throwing money around...
mattyD

Postby hammerman11 on Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:10 pm

city will buy who they want. EUFA will fine them maybe but wont risk a leading team in Europe being banned from the CL.

Manchester bound rice seems to be whether this summer or next . 80m minimum I would want but dildo boys will accept lower plus a cast off from united - Valencia, young, jones, city - kompany
hammerman11

Postby bubbles500 on Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:57 pm

Great post Dave. You kind of want to think that’s just fate or something but Levy probably is that clever. Also had no idea CL money went up 54% this season. If Liverpool and Spurs get to the final they will make crazy money. With gate receipts could be as much as £140m. Even United have made close on £100m this season as they have some crazy new division of the money where 30% is based on last 10 years coefficient. On the flip side if Arsenal miss out again they could be in big trouble. Also saw the crazy money Spurs are making in food and drink like £800k a match. Was honestly hoping with the delay and extra expense it may screw them over but the stadium looks to be a massive cash cow.
bubbles500

Postby -DL- on Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:41 am

-DL-
Match thread guru

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion