The abandoned march: one year on

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

The abandoned march: one year on

Postby Big George on Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:02 am

Great article by KUMB’s own Paul Walker about where we are on year on

http://www.kumb.com/article.php?id=4293" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My Positives:
Decent manager
We all know which side people are on when it comes to sucking up to the board
I have met some fantastic people who really stand for my east end/ West Ham values. Last time that happened was seventeen years ago when I joined KUMB
Billy Bonds stand.

Negatives:
We all know which side people are on etc. I’ve lost friends.
The new SAB, a disaster for this club any fans that wants to tell truth onto power
The DFLA-isation of West Ham
It’s apparently ok for people to threaten violence on fellow West Ham fans while the club sits back, complicit.
The ghastly club PR machine targeting UTJ and other well meaning hammers
Anti semtism (re Jacob) and racism being defended as banter.
Lack of 28k fund accountability.
Good honest people being taken for mugs.
Big George

Re: The abandoned march: one year on

Postby mushy on Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:30 am

Thats about right BG.
Its sad that you have lost friends, it should never be about that and seriously makes you wonder if this football thing is worth it if thats what happens.
mushy

Postby Big George on Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:16 am

mushy wrote:Thats about right BG.
Its sad that you have lost friends, it should never be about that and seriously makes you wonder if this football thing is worth it if thats what happens.

Cheers Mushy.

There’s a grim determination not to have it taken away from me.
Big George

Postby Moxy on Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:38 am

A year in eh? Still despise them I was so up for the match really thought we could've achieved something even if it was just to highlight what they had done to us, crushingly disappointed when it was called off, something definitely stunk there.
Moxy

Postby fmgod on Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:55 am

I won't spare any tears for Jacob, he hoisted himself by his own petard recently, he is the essence of a (negative) middle class football fan for me with his views of the average man

The bigger issue is all the money going missing and never been accounted for

Let's be honest moving forward, the club will try to get rid of your couple of beers, pie and mash type supporter for a more sophisticated "fan" who treats football more as enjoyment like the theatre, causes no bother to the board, probably buys some merchandise too. The sterilisation of football that Sky and the Premier League have pioneered.

I think the traditional east end now sort of further field in Essex values will die out of this club moving forward in a generation or two, even more with how easy it is to watch games from your own living room include 3PM's, the cost of football without peoples wages increasing that much.
fmgod

Postby Ron_Greenwood on Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:36 am

So that missing 28k never got accounted for? Has anything been done about it?
Ron_Greenwood

Postby Danny's Dyer Acting on Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:51 am

Edited by a Moderator
Last edited by the pink palermo on Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Potentially libellous comment removed.
Danny's Dyer Acting

Postby Bubbles Murray on Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:52 am

Ron_Greenwood wrote:So that missing 28k never got accounted for? Has anything been done about it?

When questions were asked the stock response seemed to be " How dare you ask where the money has gone ".

Followed by a load of deadheads sticking up for them " Yeah, how dare you ask that ".

Headbanger
Bubbles Murray

Location: 200 miles due north of Mecca ( Bingo Hall, Barking Road )

Postby the pink palermo on Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:39 am

************* Polite reminder to posters *************

Posters are reminded they are personally liable for what they write on here .
the pink palermo
Huge noggin

Postby Briggsy on Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:46 am

As much as I am VERY Anti GSB. I have to give them some credit. They are at least attempting to finally listen to the fans.

Since the march

A bit more open communication with supporters (As an affected ST holder in regards to the possible stand moves, I have received an email & a letter this week)
As mentioned, investment into a new manager & the squad (although further investing is still required)
DOF hired
Small Redevelopment of the training ground
More entertainment pre match
Potential return of the Ribman
Opening the outside bars at half time in the BML
Discussions of how to improve half time queues for drinks & communicating with the fan base
Discussions for moving the stands

I don't believe any of the above happen had it not been for the attempted march / protest. So it's nice to see there has been a reaction & it wasn't a total waste of time.
Briggsy

Postby Ben on Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:01 pm

those comments looked like they were from a news article... were they not?
Ben

Location: Overdue warning for being a twat on the rumours thread

Postby Danny's Dyer Acting on Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:16 pm

Fair enough.

If anyone from the Supporter's Board happens to read this, the donation needs bringing up at your next pow wow.
Danny's Dyer Acting

Postby The Old Man of Storr on Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:17 pm

Well , we didn't get our march but we did get Manuel Pellegrini - would he have signed had we marched - I'm guessing he would have .

G&S spent the money they'd been saving up for the past three seasons - wasn't 100m though .

We also got 11 first teamers out injured , one of them costing 17m .
The Old Man of Storr

Postby Hammer.CA on Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:26 pm

Briggsy wrote:As much as I am VERY Anti GSB. I have to give them some credit. They are at least attempting to finally listen to the fans.

Since the march

A bit more open communication with supporters (As an affected ST holder in regards to the possible stand moves, I have received an email & a letter this week)
As mentioned, investment into a new manager & the squad (although further investing is still required)
DOF hired
Small Redevelopment of the training ground
More entertainment pre match
Potential return of the Ribman
Opening the outside bars at half time in the BML
Discussions of how to improve half time queues for drinks & communicating with the fan base
Discussions for moving the stands

I don't believe any of the above happen had it not been for the attempted march / protest. So it's nice to see there has been a reaction & it wasn't a total waste of time.

Potential return of the Ribman, can those who might know tell us who don't whether GSB should be 'credited' with this.
I hardly think discussions about what may or may not happen in the future is any reason to credit The Axis of Evil at all.
Hammer.CA

Postby mushy on Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:36 pm

Danny's Dyer Acting wrote:Fair enough.

If anyone from the Supporter's Board happens to read this, the donation needs bringing up at your next pow wow.

Are you referring here to the donation that the club promised to the Isla fund (to match the RWHFAG donation)?
I cant remember if this was actually ever announced by Brady herself, or if it got 'reported' as being something that was mentioned at one of the many meetings taking place at the time.

I dont recall seeing anything official anywhere.
mushy

Postby ajhammer on Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:41 pm

Coincidentally I was just watching the cocky rejects goodbye Upton Park video then come on here and read this article. This time last year I was very angry and frustrated and expected this to stir up all sorts of first emotions but I just feel apathetic and sad now.
ajhammer

Postby Danny's Dyer Acting on Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:00 pm

mushy wrote:Are you referring here to the donation that the club promised to the Isla fund (to match the RWHFAG donation)?

I cant remember if this was actually ever announced by Brady herself, or if it got 'reported' as being something that was mentioned at one of the many meetings taking place at the time.

I dont recall seeing anything official anywhere.

Given the issues others have had with releasing minutes from meetings with the club, I would assume the club agree with the accuracy of these as they were never taken down.

http://hammerschat.com/wp/rwhfag-meet-w ... e-minutes/

MM we raised £26k for our group and if march doesn’t go ahead we want balance after expenses to go to Islas fund and present a cheque a on a specific match day on the pitch. KB said she would arrange for a former player to do this with us if required.If we don’t march the club will pick up cost and match our donation.
Danny's Dyer Acting

Postby iLoveLasagne on Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:10 pm

Maybe they had an awful lot of expenses?
iLoveLasagne

Postby Sauce! on Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:30 pm

iLoveLasagne wrote:Maybe they had an awful lot of expenses?

Defence lawyers don’t come cheap.
Sauce!

Location: sitting on a bucket on a hamper in the corner of the old wigwam.

Postby Denzil on Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:40 pm

I struggle to bundle them as GSB. I actually like, or don't mind shall I say, Gold. I think his heart is in the right place but gets overran by the other two. I think he'd have been distraught at how things were panning out and the anger against him, then again maybe I am wrong.

It's the other two I can't stand. Don't trust a word either of them say and they're who I hold responsible for all that has gone wrong with the club.

Anyway I have gone off subject. I'll be positive and add one pro:

They have for the most part shut up in the media and on social media.
Denzil

Next

Return to General Discussion