The abandoned march: one year on

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: The abandoned march: one year on

Postby irving boleyn on Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:24 pm

I find it hard to equate a fairly general distaste by most for bullying tactics by a tiny minority with "Splitting the fan base".

Nice sound bite, I suppose.
irving boleyn

Postby psychoscoredthelot on Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:09 pm

So am trying to work this bit out, you know Morgan well, well enough to visit him in prison but you have never asked him why the march was called off?

I know the reason he gave me for the march being called off - whether thats the truth or not i dont know but its not for me to talk further about it.

This is where I am with you, its well documented that Caton and Swallow were both on the West Ham hooligan circle for many a year, I cannot think for one minute that they would stitch up the Isla fund.

Agreed

The sort of bloke that threatens to cut people from ear to ear for simply asking what happened to their money? Am sure he is good to his mum, family and any mates that adhere to his own set of personal values and morals. To anyone else he comes across not as a good bloke but a bully, and a dangerous bully.
They could have put all of this to bed quite easily, they could have announced how much they raised both through just giving and membership fees (guess at approx £37k), told us how much the expenses were (no idea but cannot think what expenses they could have had apart from leaflets), and told us when and where the money was given over.
Remember they had already agreed with Brady that the final donation to the Isla fund would be done on the pitch for maximum publicity. It never happened.

A lot of people put a lot of money into the trust of RWHFAG , they are well within their rights to ask how much was raised and what actually happened to it. They definitely should not be getting abuse for asking simple questions about their own hard earned.
When that happens, then people are bound to get suspicious.
By the way The Isla Fund have confirmed on Twitter that they received the £20k from the club, I have not seen a similar tweet regarding the rwhfwg money, again there could be a reasonable explanation for this.
I just cant think (like many others I would guess) what these explanations are.
Like Condorhammer above, I am well and truly in the dense club.

this is the part i dont understand either to be honest with you. what happened to the money and no explanation and i think that MM lost the plot with threatening other west ham fans with a civving but he had been getting a lot of flak on social media and had a lot of other things to contend with in his life. Im sure he regrets this part but i cant speak for him on the matter.
psychoscoredthelot

Postby Mega Ron on Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:21 pm

The Old Mile End wrote:
<<quote>> you cant drive a car forward by looking in the rear view mirror <<unquote>>.

Of course you can.
Mega Ron

Postby Big George on Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:10 pm

psychoscoredthelot wrote:this is the part i dont understand either to be honest with you. what happened to the money and no explanation and i think that MM lost the plot with threatening other west ham fans with a civving but he had been getting a lot of flak on social media and had a lot of other things to contend with in his life. Im sure he regrets this part but i cant speak for him on the matter.

The simplest way out of this would be for someone who donated to ask the man who's name was on the fundraising page.
https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/rwhfag" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Let me know if there's a reply.
Last edited by sicknote on Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: SAB club email deleted as is the norm on here
Big George

Postby @TFSH_WHUFC on Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:31 pm

"Weʼve raised £27,005 to run a campaign to effect change at a football club"

Story
The Real West Ham Fans Action Group (RWHFAG) has been set up to galvanise the club to make good on promises made when moving from Upton Park to the London stadium generally and primarily in two key areas:

bringing the crowd closer to the pitch and a comprehensive display of the clubs heritage both on the external stadium facade and facing the playing surface

Ultimately RWHFAG want a ground fit for football and an experience fit for fans

whilst the administration of running the group is on a self funded volunteer basis, effecting change of the magnitude required will be enabled mote effectively with monetary contributions which have been offered but to date declined due to lack of transparency - this just giving page affords an opportunity for said transparency.

As a member who donated £20.00 to this cause I still do not have answers regarding the transparency I signed up for.

Are we closer to the pitch......NO

Is the ground fit for football......NO

March cancelled and monies raised to be donated to Isla's fund minus any expenses.......more than happy with this but has this been completed?.....wheres the transparency?, the pitchside cheque presentation?

We are not talking about a few quid, it is £27k, a sum that would be much appreciated by the Isla fund, just want to know that that poor little girls fund has got the money to help with her treatment.
@TFSH_WHUFC

Postby Big George on Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:36 pm

@TFSH_WHUFC wrote:As a member who donated £20.00 to this cause I still do not have answers regarding the transparency I signed up for.

Are we closer to the pitch......NO

Is the ground fit for football......NO

March cancelled and monies raised to be donated to Isla's fund minus any expenses.......more than happy with this but has this been completed?.....wheres the transparency?, the pitchside cheque presentation?

We are not talking about a few quid, it is £27k, a sum that would be much appreciated by the Isla fund, just want to know that that poor little girls fund has got the money to help with her treatment.

If you google the fundraisers name and West Ham there's a fairly obvious way to contact him. (He's not on twitter)

(Is this ok boss?)
Big George

Postby aaronhammer on Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:05 pm

Happy Anniversary :crest:

What a dark but potentially important day in our history. Things are far from resolved and the undercurrent still remains but certainly at home things have started to improve this season (in my opinion).

I saw on my Facebook memories that a post I made at 16:42 last year was “RIP West Ham United” followed up by a more lengthy post in the evening. Perhaps that statement was wrong and as a club we didn’t die but were instead put on life support - although I’m sure many will say that post would be more apt had it been said on the 10th May 2016.
aaronhammer

Postby Kialos on Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:51 pm

We are just in a lull before the next storm kicks off. From the outside and the periphery it might seem like things have settled down but they haven't.
Kialos

Paul Colborne (Bubbles)

Postby Phil S on Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:12 pm

He did what he did and he lost what he lost

I'd like to thank him...a lifetime ban so things could be better for us.
There's lot's to do and still many things need changing.

For one, I'll ever ever forgive or forget what GSB have done

Thank you Paul. (and all the other guys, some who took a kicking from their own)

A poem from the highly talented Danny Fen...

Last edited by Phil S on Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:12 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Phil S

Re: Paul Colborne (Bubbles)

Postby westhamlinnet on Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:15 pm

Agreed
westhamlinnet

Postby Phil S on Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:39 pm

Kialos wrote:We are just in a lull before the next storm kicks off. From the outside and the periphery it might seem like things have settled down but they haven't.

:thup: bang on
Phil S

Postby Northbank Bar on Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:00 pm

Someone will pick up the baton.it is only a matter of time.
Northbank Bar

Re: Paul Colborne (Bubbles)

Postby warp on Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:40 pm

Phil S wrote:the highly talented Danny Fen...

"his a loyal hammer fan" Image
warp

Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Postby Condorhammer on Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:57 pm

‘He never caused no harm
And nobody got hurt’

Does anyone know if the c**** who threw punches at the protesters returning to the stands that day got identified and banned by the club?
Rhetorical question, as I think I know the answer.
Condorhammer

Postby Big George on Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:10 pm

Kialos wrote:We are just in a lull before the next storm kicks off. From the outside and the periphery it might seem like things have settled down but they haven't.

I think people are giving them too much credit.

They’ve hired a decent manager and named a stand after a man they blanked for so long.

But..
They have gone back on the promise to have a fan on the board
They created the OSB which an even worse version of the discredited SAB.
They have rejected any chance of true fan democracy, instead they have appointed someone to ”represent” me who I don’t, have never met, don’t trust & certainly didn’t vote for.
The other members are a mixture of people who depend financially on the club for their organisation’s existence, yes men, placemen and others who will never stand up for the interests of supporters. .
The stadium is still not fit for football and they are still floating cock and bull theories about things that will never happen.

The whole businesses seem to be dedicated to doing the bear minimum to avoid a repeat of Burnley without doing anything significant or sustainable.
Big George

Postby Samba on Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:21 pm

Condorhammer wrote:‘He never caused no harm
And nobody got hurt’

Does anyone know if the c**** who threw punches at the protesters returning to the stands that day got identified and banned by the club?
Rhetorical question, as I think I know the answer.

Probably got a seat on the new OSB...
Samba

Postby mywhufc on Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:34 pm

[quote="Big George”]They created the OSB which an even worse version of the discredited SAB.
They have rejected any chance of true fan democracy, instead they have appointed someone to ”represent” me who I don’t, have never met, don’t trust & certainly didn’t vote for.
The other members are a mixture of people who depend financially on the club for their organisation’s existence, yes men, placemen and others who will never stand up for the interests of supporters.[/quote]

Cant see how you can complain about the OSAB when you turned down the chance(for WHUISA) to join it,
As for Democracy 7 appointing people not voted for, how many on the WHUISA committee now were voted for, & how many appointed.
People in glass houses should never throw stones
mywhufc

Postby Condorhammer on Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:37 pm

Samba wrote:Probably got a seat on the new OSB...

Well that rules Whetstone out then.
He'd have to put his pies, cream horns and (diet) coke down before throwing any punches :D
Condorhammer

Postby Big George on Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:17 pm

mywhufc wrote:Cant see how you can complain about the OSAB when you turned down the chance(for WHUISA) to join it,
As for Democracy 7 appointing people not voted for, how many on the WHUISA committee now were voted for, & how many appointed.
People in glass houses should never throw stones

Because it was a retread of the pointless SAB, because we would only be serving at the pleasure of the Baroness, because there is no democratic element and legitimacy, because it is a sodding farce.

I haven’t been involved in WHUISA for a while (as you know) but as far as I am aware, one member of the committee was co-opted and ratified at a meeting to do a specific job, all others were elected to the committee by the membership. You can ask people directly if you want WHUISA answers, you have their details.

Do you have faith in the Baroness’ OSB?
Big George

Postby mywhufc on Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:28 pm

Big George wrote:I haven’t been involved in WHUISA for a while (as you know) but as far as I am aware, one member of the committee was co-opted and ratified at a meeting to do a specific job, all others were elected to the committee by the membership. You can ask people directly if you want WHUISA answers, you have their details.

Do you have faith in the Baroness’ OSB?

i do know that including you & me, at least 4 of those elected have resigned, yet no new election to replace us/them. No announcements that i can see naming the replacements.

as for your OSAB question, Im on the fence, i know they dont want to make the same mistakes as the previous incarnations, but then i know the club won’t afford them the control they want.
mywhufc

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion