The abandoned march: one year on

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: The abandoned march: one year on

Postby Francoisvander or else on Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:35 pm

As a member of WHUISA I can vote for who I want to represent me, I don't recall being afforded that luxury for people who sit on the supporters board.
Francoisvander or else

Postby reo_coker20 on Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:54 pm

Edited by a mod
reo_coker20
One line wonder

Postby Rocket on Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:13 am

WHUISA were advised by the FSF to have nothing to do with the OSB.
Rocket

Postby Corney Beal on Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:30 am

Many fans slated Noble for the way he handled one of the pitch invaders at this game. Following yesterday's events at St. Andrews and Arsenal, it proved he had every reason to be angry and concerned. Any pitch invader puts the players and officials in danger of being assaulted.
Corney Beal

Postby psychoscoredthelot on Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:57 am

Corney Beal wrote:Many fans slated Noble for the way he handled one of the pitch invaders at this game. Following yesterday's events at St. Andrews and Arsenal, it proved he had every reason to be angry and concerned. Any pitch invader puts the players and officials in danger of being assaulted.

and rightly so
psychoscoredthelot

Postby Corney Beal on Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:06 pm

[quote="psychoscoredthelot"]

and rightly so

For trying to get on and do his job whilst the security and stewards failed to do theirs. Yeah, righto.
Corney Beal

Postby Phil S on Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:59 pm

Corney Beal wrote:Many fans slated Noble for the way he handled one of the pitch invaders at this game. Following yesterday's events at St. Andrews and Arsenal, it proved he had every reason to be angry and concerned. Any pitch invader puts the players and officials in danger of being assaulted.

Noble was out of order
The fan wasn't going to hit anyone
Phil S

Postby mushy on Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:40 pm

And would you say the same applies to Bubbles who walked on with a flag?
Did he look anything like the guy that physically attacked Grealish?
mushy

Postby hadleighhammer on Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:51 pm

Are you seriously comparing an opposition fan running on and clumping a player, to a fan running on with a piece of paper to peacefully protest against the board, and as a result getting assaulted by his own club's Captain who ran at him with no provocation? Noble was NEVER in danger of being assaulted and he knew it, got to be seen to defend his paymasters though.

Noble was a massive bellend for what he did and it has slightly taken the gloss off his years of service for me (Collins went further up IMO with his reaction). Any supporter who tried to thump another fan is an absolute massive **** and I'd hope they **** off. Shameful.
hadleighhammer
Gentrified

Location: On my computer trying to keep up with the Sky fixture changes

Postby Gabers on Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:06 pm

Noble was well within his right to react how he did! if you run on the pitch then you are a **** pure and simple
Gabers

Postby hadleighhammer on Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:22 pm

Gabers wrote:Noble was well within his right to react how he did! if you run on the pitch then you are a **** pure and simple

You think Bubbles is a **** then? Deserved a thump to I suppose?

Deserves a pint of fellow supporters rather than being called a **** in my book.
hadleighhammer
Gentrified

Location: On my computer trying to keep up with the Sky fixture changes

Postby DaveWHU1964 on Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:29 pm

Gabers wrote:Noble was well within his right to react how he did! if you run on the pitch then you are a **** pure and simple

So I presume that you think that every last one of the two hundred who occupied the centre circle during the Bond scheme were also *****? They weren't *****. Bubbles ain't a ****.
DaveWHU1964

Postby Gabers on Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:31 pm

anyone who goes on the pitch is a **** in my opinion. I cannot make that anymore clearer
Gabers

Postby Corney Beal on Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:31 pm

I know Bubbles was highly unlikely to do any damage to anyone despite carrying a potentially dangerous weapon. Did the players know that? Did anyone know what the Brummie idiot was going to do?
Corney Beal

Postby The Sherriff on Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:36 pm

Kialos wrote:We are just in a lull before the next storm kicks off. From the outside and the periphery it might seem like things have settled down but they haven't.

Absolutely.

The deep routed problems haven’t been addressed, they will fester and rise again.

It then makes the fans look like sore losers when/if we have a bad run and those issues surface.

It’s the epitome of modern football, results cover up all manor of sins. Anyone looking in from the outside would be forgiven for thinking that’s its all hunky dory, when in reality there is no change.

At some point, as is always the case, we’ll have a bad run or season and the whole process will kick off again.

Trouble is, that ship has sailed now.
The Sherriff

Postby BromleyHammer on Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:49 pm

IMO Noble's reputation is tarnished for what he did - but his reaction could probably be explained in the context of his team going 1-0 down. I was there that day, and was very close to where Bubbles entered the pitch, I have to say I saluted him - although the reaction of people around me was mixed. Emotions ran high, but again, when taken into context - the cancelled march etc, something was always going to happen - if not that game - then the next. Fans were just looking for an excuse to protest, and conceding the goal late in the game was the lid on the pressure cooker that exploded.
Last edited by BromleyHammer on Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BromleyHammer

Postby warp on Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:58 pm

Corney Beal wrote:For trying to get on and do his job whilst the security and stewards failed to do theirs. Yeah, righto.

look at how collins conducted himself in the very same situation: there's no need to be a ****, even if someone annoys you.

can't exactly remember the exact sequence of the events, but it is possible that nobles's actions made some of the attendants think it was ok to give the very dangerous pitch invaders a beating after they returned on the stands.

yeah, that's what a club captain, home boy should do.
warp

Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Postby Northbank Bar on Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:16 pm

I have always believed that the fans will organise again.It is just a matter of time until someone picks up the baton.
Northbank Bar

Postby Phil S on Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:37 pm

the ship sailed...but it's docked again.
Phil S

Postby mushy on Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:08 pm

Northbank Bar wrote:I have always believed that the fans will organise again.It is just a matter of time until someone picks up the baton.

And stands a lot more chance of being successful if money is kept out of it.
There really was no need to collect any money at all last time out, the requirement was for bodies to march and they got those easily. They didnt need money for leaflets etc, social media takes care of all of that these days.
I do think the last lot tarnished it all for a long time and I doubt if the same level of support will join in next time.
Its a shame, because I reckon the level of support was over 90% last time.
mushy

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion