Transfer news and rumours

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Transfer news and rumours

Postby My_Sobriquet on Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:48 pm

Sorry if this is too early for some...

Linked with Pablo Fornals today by One Football for a move in the summer. Apparently between us and spurs. Great player, would love it if we got him, particularly ahead of tottingham!

Also still being linked to Gomez in the summer on Twitter, another player I would like to see us sign. :thup:
My_Sobriquet

Re: Summer transfer thread 2019

Postby Patito on Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:53 pm

Linked with both in January. Both quality players. We enquired about Marc Roca of Espanyol as well.
Patito

Postby My_Sobriquet on Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:59 pm

Patito wrote:Linked with both in January. Both quality players. We enquired about Marc Roca of Espanyol as well.

Good player, good age, but espanyol want €40m for him... prices are mental now
My_Sobriquet

Postby Patito on Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:13 pm

We wanted to take him on loan til end of the season if he signed for his new club. Would have been a strange deal that’s for sure.
Patito

Postby My_Sobriquet on Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:15 pm

Patito wrote:We wanted to take him on loan til end of the season if he signed for his new club. Would have been a strange deal that’s for sure.

Inter apparently wanted him on a loan to buy as well but were also told its €40m or nothing apparently.
My_Sobriquet

Postby bitter-iron-ny on Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:48 am

My_Sobriquet wrote:Also still being linked to Gomez in the summer on Twitter, another player I would like to see us sign. :thup:

All sorts of links for Maxi....

According to Mundo Deportivo, Maxi Gomez is top of the shortlist to be a long-term replacement for Suarez due to his experience in La Liga as well as them being national teammates which should help him adapt to the club and learn the style of play.
bitter-iron-ny

Postby Wilko1304 on Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:33 am

Still banging the Billing drum, would be a great addition to the squad.

Also think we should make a play for Sessegnon, who has had his moments but may decide a place on the bench at Spurs isn't what he wants right now.

Go big on a striker, regardless of Arnie moving or not, but I think so much of our business is gonna be dictated by outs. We have a squad where you could see a huge set of players leaving.

Adrian, Carroll, Ogbonna, Obiang, Byram, Masuaku, Sanchez, Hernandez, Hugill, Fernandes, Perez, Zabaleta

All of those have got to be considered possibly leaving permanently, although I'm hoping it's just paranoia over Zab as I'd like another year. Arguably, not all of those need replacing, but considering we're short some areas anyway, I should expect we're looking at big turnover.

Least one keeper, least one full back, least one centre back, least one central midfielder, probably 2 strikers, and I can't help shake the feeling that Manuel will always want just one more attacking player to play wide or behind a striker.

I'd bet we end up with 8 coming in and around that going out too.
Wilko1304

Location: "Once you start complicating things the end result is less inflatables"

Postby Puff Daddy on Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:28 am

Two things of which you can be certain.

1) Every initial bid made will fall way short of the selling club's asking price

2) We will compete with Everton for every player we want to sign
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton

Postby the pink palermo on Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:37 am

It's not even spring yet, this is possibly a bit early, so I'll lock it for now, if the Editor disagrees he'll release it

:thup:
the pink palermo
Huge noggin

Re: Transfer news and rumours

Postby Up the Junction on Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:53 am

the pink palermo wrote:It's not even spring yet, this is possibly a bit early, so I'll lock it for now, if the Editor disagrees he'll release it

:thup:

I concur with Pinky. A quick change to the thread title (as now applied) should work though!
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place

Postby S-H on Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:55 am

If Sheffield Utd gain promotion, can we go all out for Tevez? I don't care if he's five stone over weight..
S-H

Postby snooperpooper on Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:30 pm

All news and rumours should be measured against Brexit and the impact the various types of exit which could take place.

Read this article (stick with it), it highlights the impact of Brexit on a clubs ability to recruit a player, it's this that will shape our recruitment policy as much, if not more so than anything else over the next couple of years.

https://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/how-bre ... cm1syhwyi2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
snooperpooper

Postby sutts07 on Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:35 pm

Antonio Valencia is a head scratching one for me... Why not just give Zabaleta another year?
sutts07

Postby Cellar-door on Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:01 pm

Rumors the Schalke is in some serious financial difficulties and may sell one or both of Embolo and McKennie. Either would be a nice fit for us.
McKennie in particular would be a great signing, only 20, but been a key player for them this year. Best as a CM, but due to injuries he's played basically everywhere but goal and LB for them.
Cellar-door

Postby hammerddh on Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:06 pm

I think we should be making inquiries about Tielemens now. Impressed me at Leicester.
I see him as a massive upgrade on Noble
hammerddh

Postby funky chicken on Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:11 pm

I imagine Winston Reid returning will now put to bed any potential moves for a new centre half. Otherwise if Ogbonna was to leave Mangala on a free has got to be nailed on in the summer.

Personally I am not sure whether Reid is a Pellegrini type centre half. He tends to favour centre halves with pace and is good at passing. Reid's aimless long balls forward could be an issue. And not that he was lightening quick to begin with, I don't know how much his last injury will take out of him. With age not on his side he could lose another yard of pace.

IF he continues to progress the same could be said for another rightback too with the emergence of Ben Johnson.
Last edited by funky chicken on Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
funky chicken

Postby sanchoz on Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:19 pm

Will De Jong and Onana remain teammates?

AMSTERDAM - Frenkie de Jong should not be surprised if after the summer he also 'just' joins together with André Onana (22). The agent of the Ajax-keeper, Albert Botines, was polled by FC Barcelona how Onana faces a return to Catalonia. "That's right," Botines says when asked. "It is no secret that Barça is interested," according to the Spanish players broker who - also with a view to the Feyenoord-Ajax squad (tonight 8.45 pm) - does not want to comment.

On the eve of the semi-final battle in De Kuip, however, it is clear that the European top clubs look on Heracles Almelo because of Onana's mistake. Besides FC Barcelona, ​​Tottenham Hotspur, Arsenal and West Ham United have also registered for the athlete from Cameroon. FC Barcelona, ​​where Botines has good contacts, examined the feasibility of a return as Jasper Cillessen leaves.

https://www.telegraaf.nl/sport/3212758/ ... t-opinion/
sanchoz

Location: Founder of the Carlton Cole Fan Club - Rainham & Guildford Branch

Postby Patito on Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:30 pm

Cellar-door wrote:Rumors the Schalke is in some serious financial difficulties and may sell one or both of Embolo and McKennie. Either would be a nice fit for us.
McKennie in particular would be a great signing, only 20, but been a key player for them this year. Best as a CM, but due to injuries he's played basically everywhere but goal and LB for them.

McKennie could be the midfield engine we need. Embolo ain't a bad little player either.
Patito

Postby Puff Daddy on Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:56 pm

Pellers to get a huge transfer war chest in the summer. Source, this bloke up the pub who is normally, spot on
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton

Postby k-r-c on Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:05 pm

Got tickets to Atletico Madrid v Celta Vigo in April, so be nice to see Maxi Gomez in the flesh against a good team.
k-r-c

Next

Return to General Discussion