Transfer news and rumours

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Transfer news and rumours

Postby goa127 on Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:25 am

Cuenca 'ammer wrote:The Axis of Evil missed the boat with Arnie

they held out thinking that the rich Chinese would stump up 50M or more.

:D

At the time though, everybody was screaming not to sell him "on the cheap". I bet a lot of people would bite your hand off for £40m now!
goa127

Postby sanchoz on Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:30 pm

RAI - English, Napoli has fixed the price: super capital gain for De Laurentiis? There is the West Ham

The striker on loan at Parma in June will return to Naples, but to date there is no certainty about his stay in the blue shirt.

During the next summer, Napoli could find another record capital gain at the cash desk. Roberto Inglese , who is doing so well at Parma, has the eyes of several Premier League clubs and, to remain in Italy, of Atalanta .

In England there is West Ham , but regardless, De Laurentiis has set the minimum price from which to start a negotiation: 20 million euros. This is what was stated by Ciro Venerato, an expert on the Rai market, during the Calcio & Mercato transmission.

https://www.areanapoli.it/calciomercato ... 16519.html
sanchoz

Location: Founder of the Carlton Cole Fan Club - Rainham & Guildford Branch

Postby BostonHammer on Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:27 pm

normannomates wrote:Where's Jinxed?
He likely have some juicy titbits :thup: ?

Juicy tidbits? In ****ing March?

Jinxed will show up in late May when it is APPROPRIATE FOR THIS THREAD TO EXIST.
BostonHammer

Postby Patito on Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:10 pm

BostonHammer wrote:
Juicy tidbits? In ****ing March?

Jinxed will show up in late May when it is APPROPRIATE FOR THIS THREAD TO EXIST.

Are you alright?
Patito

Postby S-H on Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:25 pm

****ing hell, leave Norm alone, he only wanted some juicy tidbits in the early hours of Sunday morning.

If you don't agree with the transfer thread, why the **** are you reading it.. again.

Very strange.
S-H

Postby Albie Beck on Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:01 pm

Inglese? Si...
Albie Beck

Postby DannyboyDJL on Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:15 pm

Not a rumour, but a I watched a bit of Danish footy the other day and Andreas Skov Olsen for FC Nordsjælland really stood out as a class above. It was only half a game, but he looked superb. I looked him up and he's scored 18 in 25 in the league, and 3 in 6 in the Europe League. He's only 19.
DannyboyDJL

Postby Puff Daddy on Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:58 am

DannyboyDJL wrote:Not a rumour, but a I watched a bit of Danish footy the other day and Andreas Skov Olsen for FC Nordsjælland really stood out as a class above. It was only half a game, but he looked superb. I looked him up and he's scored 18 in 25 in the league, and 3 in 6 in the Europe League. He's only 19.

That's me sold. Sign him up
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton

Postby funky chicken on Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:10 am

Antonio Valencia, Danny Welbeck & Yacine Brahimi have got to be 3 nailed on freebies we'll look at in the summer.

- Valencia to potentially replace Zabaleta in the squad.

- Welbeck as we could need potentially 2-4 new strikers and we won't be able to spend big on all of them.

- Brahimi as he can play out wide and as attacking midfield apparently. So effectively could replace Nasri and add much needed cover to Anderson.

Welbeck we'd be mad too with the injuries we've had and the wages he'd want. Which is a shame as he'd actually be a good option to have and is still at a good age. But then again if he wasn't injury prone he'd probably be staying at the Gonners.

Brahimi I wouldn't go for either. As I think we need more cover for Lanzini with Nasri potentially going and Wilshere non-existant. Unless the plan for Pellers is to move Anderson to the middle next season and Brahimi goes to the left where he plays for Porto to replace Anderson on that side. Otherwise focus on someone that can play in the middle as for me we don't need any wingers. On the right-hand side we have Yarmalenko, Antonio, Diangana and Snodgrass can play there. On the left we have Anderson, Antonio and Holland. Maybe take a look in the championship. Either Bradley Dack who we could potnetially offer Hugill to. Or Brentford for that Ollie Watkins who again can play out wide or potentially more central.

Any freebie goalkeepers too? As IF Adrian leaves that is another position we will look at for a freebie IMO.
Last edited by funky chicken on Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
funky chicken

Postby S-H on Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:17 am

I'd stay Welbeck from Danny, his injury record is atrocious!
S-H

Postby fmgod on Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:30 am

Antonio Valencia is absolutely shot, should be nowhere near him, he is finished at the top level.
Welbeck jesus, will we ever learn
Last edited by fmgod on Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
fmgod

Postby funky chicken on Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:31 am

S-H wrote:I'd stay Welbeck from Danny, his injury record is atrocious!

So would I. But this is a club that never learns it's lesson!

Wilshere on a 3 year contract for ridiculously high wages spring to mind! :P

And whoever decided to give Winston Reid a 6 year contract who was injury prone even at that time really needs to be shot.
funky chicken

Postby S-H on Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:31 am

fmgod wrote:Antonio Valencia is absolutely shot, should be nowhere near him, he is finished at the top level.

:thup:
S-H

Postby Patito on Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:37 am

Brahimi is one of those names we are linked with every window. Not seen much of him but supposed to be good isn't he?
Patito

Postby Patito on Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:41 am

fmgod wrote:Papu Gomez is the player at Atlanta, tremendous footballer, unfortunately, he is 31

Superb little player but Zapata has been the main man over there this season. 22 goals already, quick, strong, we have probably missed the boat with him now though. If only he'd got that work permit....
Patito

Postby fmgod on Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:44 am

Atalanta have him on a two year loan with an option to buy, stupid move from Napoli as Mertens is getting older and Millik breaks his leg every year

Mind you Jovic to Frankfurt on loan from Benfica with a purchase price of 4 million, could go down as one of the worst bits of transfer business ever
fmgod

Postby sanchoz on Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:10 am

West Ham attacks Nuno Moreira

Nuno Moreira finishes contract at the end of this season and, despite being in negotiations with SAD leonine to renew, has not yet reached agreement.

https://www.record.pt/futebol/futebol-n ... Principais

Rest is behind a paywall, so:

West Ham named as ‘most likely destination’ for Portuguese player, best offer on the table

West Ham United are today named by Portuguese newspaper Record as the ‘most likely destination’ for the Sporting youngster Nuno Moreira.

According to the outlet, the Hammers are aware that the 19-year-old’s contract with the Lions expires at the end of the season, and have already made a contract offer for him.

Record says Sporting’s intention is to keep the youngster. They will only be able to do that if they increase their offer, as for now, West Ham’s terms are much better for Moreira.

Other clubs such as Leicester City, Celta Vigo and Genoa have all made contact for the midfielder, and that’s when Record says it’s more likely the Hammers would win this race.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/west-ham-name ... fer-table/
sanchoz

Location: Founder of the Carlton Cole Fan Club - Rainham & Guildford Branch

Postby -DL- on Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:21 am

BostonHammer wrote:Juicy tidbits? In ****ing March?

This thread is appropriate to exist. It's not a summer transfer window thread, it's a transfer rumours thread, to discuss the rumours that have been published in the printed media and online.

Now unless you wish what's already out there to not be discussed, and you wish to try and dictate what is allowed and not allowed on this forum, you have a few choices, and they are:

1) Make UTJ a massive cash offer he cannot refuse and take ownership of the site

2) Not open the thread.

3) Open the thread and behave respectfully and not like a total tit.

It's up to you.
-DL-
Match thread guru

Postby Patito on Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:32 am

fmgod wrote:Atalanta have him on a two year loan with an option to buy, stupid move from Napoli as Mertens is getting older and Millik breaks his leg every year

Mind you Jovic to Frankfurt on loan from Benfica with a purchase price of 4 million, could go down as one of the worst bits of transfer business ever

Yep, Napoli need to be careful as their squad is nowhere near deep enough for a scudetto challenge, a dodgy run of results and they will miss out on Champions League next season.

What a player Jovic is, they do seem to churn out players in Portugal, both natives and young imports. I'm quite glad we've got some scouts over there.
Patito

Postby YorksHammer on Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:37 am

I think Hector Herrera is available on a 'free' from Porto this summer as his contract expires. He would completely change the game in our midfield.

Enock Kwateng looks very promising as a right back for Nantes, and again is out of contract in the summer. Underinvestment continues, but at least it's putting that underinvestment into someone young who has established themselves with a bit of a reputation, and as a regular for their club - as opposed to someone aging who their own manager has intimated can no longer play at the level we're at.
YorksHammer

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion