Transfer news and rumours

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Transfer news and rumours

Postby Hamburger on Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:43 pm

Good Post China, my glass is always half empty! You live in China? I’m moving there soon but will be flying back for a few matches.

Both Arnie & Anderson are ‘fragile’ to stay so apart from Rice & Lanzini what is left that can be considered ‘decent’? Wilshere is a crock & Yarmalenko’s injury is not easy to permanently recover from. Most of the squad are over or approaching 30 so I’m saying it’s going to be tough to buy, especially if we don’t get into Europe and being strapped for cash. We are due £32.5m from player sales of last year but we borrowed £33m against it (due back in July).

We’ve been through it all before and will do again, I’m just not going to put on my rosy glasses because of one good transfer window knowing what our owners are like. We cannot buy a player for £40m, we don’t have the money until we sell and if we have to sell early to fund purchases we won’t get good prices. We’ll be lucky to get £10m for Chico & Perez, if anybody wants them, and Arnie would fetch £20m unless China are still interested. I hope he stays personally, I don’t think he’ll get a better deal in Europe and he’s s mercenary. If a bigger club did want him it would only be for back up and he won’t want that.
Hamburger

Postby hammerddh on Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:29 pm

Lets be brutally honest here
If we are to push on up the table i would suggest we only have 4 players capable
Rice, Diopp (based on potential), Fabianski and Anderson

Everyone else needs upgrading.
Can we do that in one window, of course not.

If we can upgrade just two positions this summer that for me represents progress
hammerddh

Postby Croydon on Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:06 pm

hammerddh wrote:Lets be brutally honest here
If we are to push on up the table i would suggest we only have 4 players capable

Lanzini? Fabianski?

Jury's out on Yarmalenko.

I think we're 1 striker, 1 CM and 1 FB away from being a top team.
Croydon

Postby Puff Daddy on Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:45 pm

hammerddh wrote:Lets be brutally honest here

Everyone else needs upgrading.
Can we do that in one window, of course not.

If we can upgrade just two positions this summer that for me represents progress

Two £12.5m players and that's the lot
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton

Postby Cuenca 'ammer on Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:37 pm

and at two players per window, Fabianski, Arnie and Anderson will be outside of the parameters of being really good. as will Lanzini

eat, sleep, rave, repeat
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado

Postby bubbles1966 on Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:08 pm

Speaking to El Universo, as translated in a report from Sport Witness, he revealed that the United defender (Antonio Valencia) already has four potential options ahead of the summer transfer window.

He said:

Arsenal, West Ham, Inter Milan and one from China are options, but in football, everything is changing.

He wants to choose the best option, but above all, he wants to sign a contract for two years. Not for the money, but for peace and hopefully, he told me, be hired by a team that fights for important things.

He won't be coming here then Image

Also, the Italians reckon we are interested in Dzeko - €15m-€20m.
bubbles1966

Location: Vincent van Gogh, cut his ear off, when they asked him why he said, "what?"

Postby uptonparkhurst on Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:22 pm

Valencia will be 34 at the start of next season and wants a 2 year contract? :thdn:

Dzeko is 32 - how long will he want?

FFS
uptonparkhurst

Location: The World Wide Web - where men are men,women are men,and children are the Metropolitan Police

Postby hammer1975 on Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:02 pm

bubbles1966 wrote:Also, the Italians reckon we are interested in Dzeko - €15m-€20m.

Maybe that’s the reason Jinxed expects Arnautovic to go to Italy - Dzeko coming this way as part of a deal (potentially talking up the value on both sides).
hammer1975

Postby Absolutely Hammered! on Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:44 am

Seeing names like dzeko and Valencia depress me. This short-termism really isn't the way forward and i doubt hullios has been brought in and paid bucket loads to pick has been players. Hope we find more balbuena types.
Absolutely Hammered!

Postby bubbles1966 on Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:01 am

At the other end of the range, we're also being linked with Juan Sebastian Sforza for up to €2m. He's a 17 year old from Argentina .
bubbles1966

Location: Vincent van Gogh, cut his ear off, when they asked him why he said, "what?"

Postby Puff Daddy on Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:16 am

bubbles1966 wrote:At the other end of the range, we're also being linked with Juan Sebastian Sforza for up to €2m. He's a 17 year old from Argentina .

Another one for the future? What's the situation with Mezaque Dju these days ?
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton

Postby bubbles1966 on Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:19 am

I think he scored the other night in U23 side's win at swansea.
bubbles1966

Postby Hugh Jargon II on Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:33 am

I think we need improvements at full back. CB and CM to be anywhere near a top 8 side. I actually hope we finish 14th to make it clear to the Dildo brothers that we need significant investment still.
Hugh Jargon II

Postby prophet:marginal on Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:12 am

Hugh Jargon II wrote:I think we need improvements at full back. CB and CM to be anywhere near a top 8 side. I actually hope we finish 14th to make it clear to the Dildo brothers that we need significant investment still.

We are 'anywhere near' a top 8 side, if we're 9th, with 8 games to go.

The worry for me is that this is a little artificial, given that we have worse defensive records than three teams presently below us (NUFC, Palace and Brighton).
prophet:marginal

Postby 61dicksey on Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:19 pm

A defensive coach maybe our best bit of business
61dicksey

Postby Puff Daddy on Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:49 pm

61dicksey wrote:A defensive coach maybe our best bit of business

I don't think we've ever had one. We've never seen the need, which probably explains why we have always been such an atrocious team without the ball. The West Ham way has always been about trying to score more goals than the oppostion. That was Ron Greenwood's philosophy and it is so deeply engrained in our psyche, we just cannot do anything about rectifying it
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton

Postby bubbles1966 on Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:24 am

We're actually after this fella?

He looks, youtube based obviously, like a monster. Supposedly had a fabulous season at Alaves - one of the best centre backs in La Liga.
bubbles1966

Postby Patito on Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:44 am

Never heard of him but if El Pel wants him :thup:
Patito

Postby bubbles1966 on Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:50 am

Using whoscored, one of the ten best players in la liga and the best CB.

I posted a vid of him in January. The bloke looks the part.

This one
bubbles1966

Postby HoustonHammer24 on Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:37 am

That Maripan fella is the type of player we should be looking at. Good age, decent price and highly rated. I trust Husillos and Pellegrini to find the players within the budget in the positions with the biggest needs. I won’t name players, but I believe the positions we need, ranked in order of importance, are:

1. Box to box, powerhouse CM/DM to play alongside Rice. £25-30m
2. LB. I like Cresswell, but we can improve on him and sell Masuaku. £15-20m.
3. ST. Arnie replacement. £25-35m
4. CB. Someone to give Balbuena/Diop competition. £10m
5. RB. Zaba probably isn’t returning and Fredericks needs competition, unless Johnson can compete now.
6. ST. Chicha replacement. I like him, but his wages can probably be used elsewhere. £15-20m
7. AM. Husillos special. Someone like Brahimi for free. Budget signing but decent quality.
8. ST. Perez/Carroll replacement. Husillos special. Someone to compete with Xande Silva for the 3rd spot.

Probably can’t get this all done in this window, but this is where our squad needs lie currently. Buena Suerte y Vaya con dios, Husillos!
HoustonHammer24

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion