tony carr - telegraph

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: tony carr - telegraph

Postby szola on Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:05 am

OohAahButler wrote:And who better to send out to help persuade a promising kid to sign on the dotted line than a man with his pedigree?

Would any of today's kids care about Carr coming over? Especially if he isn't part of the Academy anymore.
For us he is a living legend. Would he make a difference though bringing in kids today?

Also a genuine question, has he scouted before, or mostly developed players over time?
szola

Postby Westbourne Bill on Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:48 am

I think his days were numbered when Sullivan questioned why they were spending £3m per season on an academy that produced no one decent in recent years since Tomkins and Noble.
Westbourne Bill

Postby Estuary on Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:10 pm

Westbourne Bill wrote:I think his days were numbered when Sullivan questioned why they were spending £3m per season on an academy that produced no one decent in recent years since Tomkins and Noble.

I think he'll know why that investment is wise now.
Estuary

Postby Wilko1304 on Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:23 pm

A lot of “what if Pellegrini doesn’t want him?” - how much input has Pellegrini had into the coaching setup of the youth grades? Any of them down there his picks?

Telling me someone like Steve Potts isn’t gonna want to work with Tony Carr?
Wilko1304

Location: "Once you start complicating things the end result is less inflatables"

Postby Cuenca 'ammer on Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:40 pm

Collison is down there too isn't he ?
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado

Previous

Return to General Discussion