Huge rise in ST prices

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Huge rise in ST prices

Postby the pink palermo on Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:48 pm

That's £135/ game.

For a mid table side.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin

Postby Di Wolfio on Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:05 pm

I won't be renewing my 4 royal east tickets next season.

The 3 year handcuffs are off :raver:
Di Wolfio
The Daily Llama

Postby Condorhammer on Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:21 pm

Gold and Sullivan?
Ripping the piss out of loyal fans?
Nah, not having it. :?
They are, after all, lifelong fans themselves.
Condorhammer

Postby Cuenca 'ammer on Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:42 pm

well Cardiff is fairly near to Upton Park and Stratford isn't it ?

:wink:
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado

Postby Condorhammer on Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:46 pm

Cuenca, :thup:
It’d be interesting to know if they came out with the ‘we’re also fans’ spiel whilst at Birmingham?!?
Condorhammer

Postby Cuenca 'ammer on Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:58 pm

In 1993, Sullivan bought into Birmingham City, with David Gold and Ralph Gold. The landmark deal saw the new owners secure an 80% stake of the Midlands outfit.
In 2007, Sullivan expressed his first desire to sell his share in Birmingham City and openly admitted three reasons for a possible departure.[9] “One, the geographical distance. I've said for years the journey to Birmingham is killing me. Two, I think deep down the public have had enough of us. They think we should have mortgaged our houses to buy more players to compete with Chelsea and Arsenal. The honeymoon is long over and we're at the divorce stage now, unfortunately. And I also feel we've had no support from Birmingham Council."
After 16 years at the club, Birmingham managing director Karren Brady and Chairman David Sullivan agreed to step down from their posts on completion of Carson Yeung's takeover in Autumn 2009.[10]
Then manager Alex McLeish was quick to praise the Sullivan-Gold duo in the press for providing the club with financial stability, admitting he had a huge amount of respect for them and what they had achieved.
[11]

maybe they'll get the message here too...we can live in hope.....oh and she DOES know where the skeletons are buried no doubt....
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado

Postby Kialos on Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:31 pm

A Sullivan family trust owned shares in West Ham Utd under the Brown era, it received a substantial sum through the compulsory share buy out by the Icelandics.

The little runt may claim to be a WH fan but actions speak louder than words. I think he's more a fan of the money he gets out of WH.
Kialos

Postby polar on Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:46 pm

Hugh Jargon II wrote:Eticketing app fails to accept club cash as part payment. I'be abandoned my renewal because I'm faced with the full bill of £865. What a swizz!

You need to phone to renew using club cash if you want to renew before 29 April.
polar

Postby Doc H Ball on Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:27 am

When you renew online you’ll be asked if you also want to donate to The Academy?

Loafers don’t come cheap.
Doc H Ball

Postby the pink palermo on Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:08 am

We'll soon be launching a crowdfunding page to buy Neymar on the official site.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin

Postby westham,eggyandchips on Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:18 am

Cuenca 'ammer wrote:
maybe they'll get the message here too...we can live in hope.....oh and she DOES know where the skeletons are buried no doubt....

They're going nowhere. So long as this club continues to make millions of pounds as a PL club, the Gold and more importantly Sullivan families will be involved with our club for many years to come. :thdn:
westham,eggyandchips

Postby RichieRiv on Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:21 am

Kialos wrote:A Sullivan family trust owned shares in West Ham Utd under the Brown era, it received a substantial sum through the compulsory share buy out by the Icelandics.

The little runt may claim to be a WH fan but actions speak louder than words. I think he's more a fan of the money he gets out of WH.

I think there's something wrong with your keyboard. Your C key seems to be typing R.
RichieRiv

Postby hammer1975 on Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:03 am

westham,eggyandchips wrote:They're going nowhere. So long as this club continues to make millions of pounds as a PL club, the Gold and more importantly Sullivan families will be involved with our club for many years to come. :thdn:

When does the sell on clause from the stadium end?

Turnover of c£176m, wages c£110m, rent plus loan interest c£6m, c£5m various, £25m summer budget. £20m left over to lay down debt. Three years of that and debt to them would be clear - this would mean 100% of any sale price would be profit to them rather than paying back debt. Assuming that profit is not ‘haircut’ by payment to govt etc by that point then there would be a more significant gain for them and once that clause ends it is in their interest to have the club shareholder-debt free. Also, now that they’ve been forced to lower the interest charge from 7% to 4% there is probably less of a motivation for them to lend to the club (appreciate many shareholders across the PL do this interest free).
hammer1975

Postby Wembley1966 on Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:08 am

hammer1975 wrote:When does the sell on clause from the stadium end?

22nd March 2023. It dropped by a third last year after 5 years.
Wembley1966

Postby hammer1975 on Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:27 am

Thanks

So current shareholder loans of £54m per last accounts - pay them off at a rate of just under £15m per summer window would leave zero shareholder debt by the time that clause drops off completely.
hammer1975

Postby sanchoz on Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:27 am

A Season Ticket remains by far the cheapest way to enjoy watching West Ham United in action, with Adults saving over £400 per season compared to purchasing match-by-match, while Under-16s can save more than £500 over the course of the campaign.

With more Under-16 seats than any other club, and with prices frozen at £99 for thousands of existing Under-16 ticket holders – the equivalent of just £5.21 per game – London Stadium really is the home of affordable family football.

Adult Band 5 Season Ticket Holders who renew their seat for 2019/20 will pay just £320 to watch all 19 home Premier League matches – an average of just £16.84 per game.

Season Ticket Holders also enjoy exclusive benefits, including having the first opportunity to buy tickets for away matches, discounts instore and online and on coach travel, and invitations to exclusive events.

https://www.whufc.com/news/articles/201 ... -first-day
sanchoz

Location: Founder of the Carlton Cole Fan Club - Rainham & Guildford Branch

Postby mushy on Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:53 am

Ferret wrote:I'm guessing these hikes are due to the fact, we have to pay players enormous wages to get them to even consider coming to West Ham.

You think the amount of money generated through these ticket rises makes any hole whatsoever in the wage bill?
mushy

Postby S-H on Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:59 am

^^ of course it doesn't, or the transfer budget, but what do us simpletons know, they probably had to put prices up because we spent lots of money in the summer..

:arry:
S-H

Postby Hammer.CA on Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:56 am

Westbourne Bill wrote:So what do we reckon the average increase is per seat ? Even if it were £100 and it’s not..,x 55000 gives the club an extra £5.5m revenue per season. That’s about half a Hugill in today’s currency. So barely justifiable in facilitating more big signings.

Someone needs to put that muppet puppet Whetstone, or whatever his name is,right on that.

They’re increasing the prices because despite the moans, the majority will accept it.

Well 20-25% of that £5.5 million would cover somebody's annual bonus so it's not all bad. :thdn:
Hammer.CA

Postby Marky on Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:06 pm

Di Wolfio wrote:I won't be renewing my 4 royal east tickets next season.

The 3 year handcuffs are off :raver:

I’m not renewing my 2 Forge tickets.

#handcuffs off
Marky

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion