Huge rise in ST prices

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Huge rise in ST prices

Postby HammerMan2004 on Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:54 pm

https://www.whufc.com/news/articles/201 ... -first-day

Have we ever not had a record number of fans renewing?
HammerMan2004

Postby OrrMakesItThree on Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:07 pm

They really do take us for fools don't they.......
OrrMakesItThree

Postby CapBuckyOHare on Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:04 pm

the pink palermo wrote:That's £135/ game.

For a mid table side.

Upper Mid!
CapBuckyOHare

Postby Harveys Hammers on Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:03 pm

Can anyone clear up this confusion? I'm wanting to move from my current seat to a new stand.

I have read the FAQ and website stories and I just wanted to clarify something. This is the statement on the website:

"There is also an allocation of seats across all price bands which Season Ticket Holders can request to move to when renewing on a first come, first served basis. To find out more about additional seats and relocations please call the Ticket Office on 0333 030 1966.

Any other Season Ticket Holders wishing to relocate to new seats will be able to do so from Wednesday 22 May until Friday 24 May, with relocations prioritised by renewal date."

Does this mean I have to renew and wait to relocate (Wednesday 22nd May to Friday 24th May) or can I renew via the number above and relocate now? On a first come, first served basis, as there is an allocation of seats across price bands.

Confused
Harveys Hammers

Postby bubbles1966 on Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:07 pm

I didn't renew my seat this season. There's been no one in it instead at any game I've been to this season - I've got access to the one next to it.

Admittedly, I do mostly avoid the *big* games these days - preferring the midrange ones.
bubbles1966

Location: Vincent van Gogh, cut his ear off, when they asked him why he said, "what?"

Postby chalks on Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:32 pm

I despise these parasites, but I do have to say......

If I owned the club, and had put ticket prices as they have been since we moved, I’d have the right arseache that at every game, there’s thousands of empty seats. I’d be putting the prices up to get rid of the part timers that, because they paid **** all for their season tickets, only go to a handful of games a season

Pay more and you might want to get more for your money
chalks
Sliding down his pole

Postby mushy on Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:39 pm

Harveys Hammers wrote:Does this mean I have to renew and wait to relocate (Wednesday 22nd May to Friday 24th May) or can I renew via the number above and relocate now? On a first come, first served basis, as there is an allocation of seats across price bands.

Confused

You have to wait, then book an appt with ticket office to see what's available.
Unless they have changed it this year.
mushy

Postby Big George on Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:46 pm

KUMB’s Paul Walker nails it. http://www.kumb.com/article.php?id=4310

I’ve heard a whisper there was an emergency SAB meeting tonight. Might be like this moring’s cabinet meeting where Theresa May unloaded on cabinet members who defied the whip to get them back in line after last nights rebellion.

If The PM is trying to pull a Thatcher tribute act, is the Baroness trying pull a Theresa tribute act?

I wonder if any of the female members asked about her human shielding of Phillip Green?
Big George

Postby bubbles1966 on Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:11 am

chalks wrote:I despise these parasites, but I do have to say......

If I owned the club, and had put ticket prices as they have been since we moved, I’d have the right arseache that at every game, there’s thousands of empty seats. I’d be putting the prices up to get rid of the part timers that, because they paid **** all for their season tickets, only go to a handful of games a season

If there's thousands of empty seats, as there are, have they really been sold?

At one game recently, there was a huge number of tourists in the block I'm in. There's no way those tickets have actually really been sold as season tickets unless it's to a travel agent, entertainment company or hotel.
bubbles1966

Location: Vincent van Gogh, cut his ear off, when they asked him why he said, "what?"

Postby Pop Robson on Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:19 am

Thomas Cook had a big area once not sure if they still have

Plenty on ticket trader for Huddersfield and they'll plenty that people won't borther listing,
Pop Robson

Postby Corney Beal on Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:22 am

Mate of mine not a WHU fan, doing the 92. Registered this week and got a ticket for Everton game block 232. Easy.
Corney Beal

Postby Greatest Cockney Rip Off on Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:22 am

Is anyone really surprised with the season ticket price rises? They made a big thing about freezing ticket prices last season and now it's gone up massively. Simple economics for them - just fleece the fans next season when we're doing reasonably well. **** 'em. They ain't getting a penny of my money. I'll never forgive them for selling the Boleyn.
Greatest Cockney Rip Off

Postby Westbourne Bill on Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:28 am

They’d have far fewer emptier seats if they replaced “club cash” nonsense with real cash in trying to persuade non attending ST holders to re-sell their tickets.

That’s how other clubs operate.
Westbourne Bill

Postby Pop Robson on Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:41 am

Corney Beal wrote:Mate of mine not a WHU fan, doing the 92. Registered this week and got a ticket for Everton game block 232. Easy.

So the 3,000 left after STH's and away fans aren't selling to members even with their £5 discount !
Pop Robson

Postby Swindon Iron on Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:47 pm

Had my ST at new stadium this season for first time since the move in block 232 and whilst enjoying seeing the team live more often, I'm seriously considering not renewing.
Haven't had a big increase in my band 2 seats, but I really don't like the seats I'm in and would look to relocate closer to the pitch in band 3 ideally.
I don't like the idea of having to renew mine and my kids seats at band 2 prices and hope that there's seats left in the areas I want, shelling out £1,100 on seats I don't want seems crazy but appreciate I probably have to do this if I want a chance of the band 3 seats and I probably need to do it quick to be fairly high up on relocation list.

If you renew your seats and then relocate down a band do you get a partial refund on the extra you've coughed up or is it "club credit" to be used in store etc?
Swindon Iron

Postby Up the Junction on Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:51 pm

Swindon Iron wrote:If you renew your seats and then relocate down a band...

Is this even possible currently?
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place

Postby bubbles1966 on Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:56 pm

Has there been a single game this season that hasn't made it to members/those with a booking history?
bubbles1966

Postby asters89 on Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:11 pm

Up the Junction wrote:Is this even possible currently?

I've never had to do it but the process of changing your seats sounds like an absolute chore. (anecdotally, especially if it means paying less - funny that).
asters89

Postby Greatest Cockney Rip Off on Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:44 pm

chalks wrote:I despise these parasites, but I do have to say......

If I owned the club I never would have sold the old ground. Worst decision ever.
Greatest Cockney Rip Off

Postby CapBuckyOHare on Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:28 pm

Maybe it costs more to play games on Friday nights, unsociable hours rates on all the stewerds and concession staff. so put the price up to cover the new all friday night games for next season
CapBuckyOHare

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion