Huge rise in ST prices

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Huge rise in ST prices

Postby the pink palermo on Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:26 pm

reo_coker20 wrote:Interesting is this by email I’ve yet to receive this email

What I suggest you do, if you wish to renew is phone them up and say you can pay ONE year upfront.

Explain that your Dad has been going 60 years etc and I'm sure they'll see sense.

That is of course if you wish to renew your current seats. If you wish to relocate, sit tight, I suspect it may be proving harder to sell ST's than they thought, and you may get lucky elsewhere in the ground : it's a gamble, but if you feel your current seat is too much relative to the football on offer, you may wish to roll the dice.

Good luck to you and your Dad :thup: .
the pink palermo
Huge noggin

Postby the pink palermo on Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:32 pm

Estuary wrote:They just blinked, I have just been offered a 1 yr rolling Club London agreement rather than the three year standard terms.

Well done, I'm pleased for you , a 3 year commitment a second time around was always too much.

Marky wrote:Yes Estuary got the same email. This is a week after they were telling me vast majority wanted to renew corporate.

Good luck to you as well Marky, you're paying top dollar, I'm glad the club are seeing sense on this finally.

And, I will give the club some credit here as well, better late than never .

Please note though, this change of heart has not come about as a result of feedback from the club run OSB, it's come about as a result of ordinary fans contacting the club, standing their ground, and making it clear they won't be abused.

A lesson in there perhaps.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin

Postby Kialos on Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:50 pm

Reo Coker 20

IMO the 1966 seats are equal if not better than what you get in the corporate areas on the West side. You get a good view, comfortable padded seats and a match program. Also once a year an invite to meet the captain and manager in a Q&A evening session at the ground. £1200. No over priced school dinner food, drink or merchant bankers included. No lounge either but obviously but you can always go somewhere like the Smoke & Bubbles club at Foremans / Westield / Supporters Club or other decent pubs in Hackney Wick pre game. Loads of choice.

Kialos

Postby reo_coker20 on Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:36 pm

[/quote]

What I suggest you do, if you wish to renew is phone them up and say you can pay ONE year upfront.

Explain that your Dad has been going 60 years etc and I'm sure they'll see sense.

That is of course if you wish to renew your current seats. If you wish to relocate, sit tight, I suspect it may be proving harder to sell ST's than they thought, and you may get lucky elsewhere in the ground : it's a gamble, but if you feel your current seat is too much relative to the football on offer, you may wish to roll the dice.

Good luck to you and your Dad :thup: .[/quote]

Are initial call with guy my dad say we will be willing to pay year by year and he’s been going 60 years the call ended with pretty much tough luck join the waiting list. It’s a strange one as you know the seat we have is great in the ground but the atmosphere in our section is pretty dire as we have different people there every week. The 1966 mentioned below sounds a good option though
reo_coker20
One line wonder

Postby the pink palermo on Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:41 pm

Reo coker, Kialos is bang on.

The 1200 version in the east, no bar, is a pretty good view. I had seats in row 37 in season 1 and while further back than where you currently are it is half the price.

The club sales staff have got to some extent stick to a script which us why they've been careless in how they have treated you and your dad.

Give them a call, im sure they would rather sell 2 x 1200 seats than 0 seats
the pink palermo
Huge noggin

Postby reo_coker20 on Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:48 pm

the pink palermo wrote:Reo coker, Kialos is bang on.

The 1200 version in the east, no bar, is a pretty good view. I had seats in row 37 in season 1 and while further back than where you currently are it is half the price.

The club sales staff have got to some extent stick to a script which us why they've been careless in how they have treated you and your dad.

Give them a call, im sure they would rather sell 2 x 1200 seats than 0 seats

Thanks we will give them a call tomorrow
reo_coker20
One line wonder

Postby Nick Sneddon on Wed May 01, 2019 10:23 am

stuarttampin wrote:Looking at renewing
doesnt seem i can use my club cash if i renew online ?
do i have to ring them to get that money off ?

Yep same for me – it all disappeared a week ago, think I had about £150 tied up there
Nick Sneddon

Postby reo_coker20 on Thu May 02, 2019 11:06 am

It appears this one year season ticket doesn’t apply to the Boleyn bar not sure why a hospitality ticket is a hospitality regardless of what you pay. I was told about club policy that I can’t downgrade and have to join the queue but welcome to upgrade where is the club policy on treating supporters different. I’m supposed to be repressing the people of club London I feel it’s a pointless exercise
reo_coker20
One line wonder

Postby irving boleyn on Thu May 02, 2019 11:15 am

Dont forget no Senior concessions in the 1966.

£1200 there, or £450 ish 10 rows further back if you're of advanced years.
irving boleyn

Postby starsfan on Thu May 02, 2019 2:07 pm

stuarttampin wrote:Looking at renewing
doesnt seem i can use my club cash if i renew online ?
do i have to ring them to get that money off ?

I noticed this last week, tried to ring up, but gave up after being on hold for 10/15 minutes, and decided to email instead. I almost immediately got an automated response telling me to ring up! So I tried that again and was told that club cash would be available 'in about an hour'. Needless to say that wasn't the case. I did eventually get a reply to my email from the ticket office, and was told club cash won't be available on-line until the 20th May. I wonder if they are just making it difficult to spend in the hope that it'll expire and the club can just trouser the money.
starsfan

Postby Nick Sneddon on Thu May 02, 2019 4:16 pm

That’s all very strange – so we have to be aware that we only have a window of 10 days or so to redeem it
Nick Sneddon

Postby westhamlinnet on Thu May 02, 2019 4:23 pm

Tried to renew online could not use club cash. Went into club shop stratford to renew allowed me to use club cash. I am sure lady said cannot be used online until 29th may
westhamlinnet

Postby westhamlinnet on Thu May 02, 2019 4:24 pm

Sorry 20th may
westhamlinnet

Postby the pink palermo on Thu May 02, 2019 9:11 pm

reo_coker20 wrote:It appears this one year season ticket doesn’t apply to the Boleyn bar not sure why a hospitality ticket is a hospitality regardless of what you pay. I was told about club policy that I can’t downgrade and have to join the queue but welcome to upgrade where is the club policy on treating supporters different. I’m supposed to be repressing the people of club London I feel it’s a pointless exercise

This is absolutely disgraceful.

I know for sure i will have loads of empty seats around me next season, and rather than show some flexibiliry the club are adhering to their coercian tactic.

Shame on you West Ham . Shame on you GSB.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin

Postby Estuary on Fri May 03, 2019 9:55 am

reo_coker20 wrote:It appears this one year season ticket doesn’t apply to the Boleyn bar not sure why a hospitality ticket is a hospitality regardless of what you pay. I was told about club policy that I can’t downgrade and have to join the queue but welcome to upgrade where is the club policy on treating supporters different. I’m supposed to be repressing the people of club London I feel it’s a pointless exercise

Again that is different to our experience, we have been offered downgrades to other lounges and even shown available seats but on the condition we renew before the club will confirm the move. I have no reason to doubt that if we renew we will get a move of our choice but the mood currently among our seven is not to.
Estuary

Postby AlfieG on Fri May 03, 2019 11:07 am

Surely this matter is something the OSB should be actively discussing with the club.? (They are representing us customers after all.....)

It seems like the club have no official policy... One which they have openly shared with all the fans on the clubs website??

No plan, apart from lets suck it and see and then make it up as we go along..........

Its not like us at all...... :asleep:
AlfieG

Postby reo_coker20 on Fri May 03, 2019 5:08 pm

The osb are talking to the club, I’ve spoke to the club today
reo_coker20
One line wonder

Postby danm79 on Fri May 03, 2019 8:54 pm

reo_coker20 wrote:The osb are talking to the club, I’ve spoke to the club today

I wouldn't waste your time with the OSB they are just the clubs yes men, best thing would be to email David Gold directly he tends to get things sorted very quickly.
danm79

Postby the pink palermo on Sat May 04, 2019 12:56 pm

The club have capitulated on the 3 year deal for corporate

Supporters can jump out after a year

@ reo coker , this isnt a win for the OSB its a win for supporters not bending over.

I believe the deal is if you sign for 3 years its fixed price, or you can sign for just one year
the pink palermo
Huge noggin

Postby geaus on Fri May 10, 2019 1:27 pm

Is anyone else finding when renewing ST online that “opt in” is the default for the Cup scheme and cannot be changed at all?

Wonder how many people are inadvertently being signed up without realising and then stung during the season.

Default should be opt “out” surely?
geaus

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion