Huge rise in ST prices

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Huge rise in ST prices

Postby Pop Robson on Fri May 10, 2019 2:54 pm

Full page AD in yesterday Metro for the ST waiting list
Pop Robson

Postby e10hammer on Fri May 10, 2019 4:05 pm

geaus
I have checked my account and find that i have been opted in to the automatic cup tickets too, i never requested this when renewing, but as they don't have any card details i don't know how they will enforce this.
e10hammer

Postby Kialos on Fri May 10, 2019 4:06 pm

geaus wrote:Is anyone else finding when renewing ST online that “opt in” is the default for the Cup scheme and cannot be changed at all?

Wonder how many people are inadvertently being signed up without realising and then stung during the season.

Default should be opt “out” surely?

Yes
Kialos

Postby War Pony on Fri May 10, 2019 4:34 pm

I've just checked my season tickets and the same thing.

Opted in, when I didnt opt in for it! I've sent an email to the ticket office, will update when I get a reply
War Pony

Postby Oldun on Fri May 10, 2019 5:11 pm

War Pony wrote:I've just checked my season tickets and the same thing.

Opted in, when I didnt opt in for it! I've sent an email to the ticket office, will update when I get a reply

If you do not put any credit card details into the auto ticket ,then they can not charge you for them.
So you are not opted in until you fill in the card details .
Oldun

Postby geaus on Fri May 10, 2019 6:42 pm

Call me cynical but it’s a cheeky scam.
On the “steps” number 2 is “Cup tickets” and it totally skips straight to “3 payment”.

Chap on the phone when I queried definitely knew it was an issue but pleaded ignorance... to the point it was obvious.

Solution is to apparently renew and then call up and they will manually change it... but knowing the ticket office I am sure that is doomed to fail. Funnily enough they can’t change it before renewal....
geaus

Postby Johnny Byrne's Boots on Fri May 10, 2019 7:02 pm

Any of m'learned friends on here know if pre-ticking an opt in box is legal, particularly if it commits you to extra payments?
Johnny Byrne's Boots

Postby Wembley1966 on Fri May 10, 2019 7:40 pm

^^^ That's how a lot of PPI was mis-sold - by default on credit agreements you had PPI unless you opted out.
Wembley1966

Postby Oldun on Fri May 10, 2019 7:55 pm

But I say again,if you do not put any card details in,then how can they charge you for cup tickets?
Oldun

Postby James P on Fri May 10, 2019 8:04 pm

Oldun wrote:But I say again,if you do not put any card details in,then how can they charge you for cup tickets?

How are you paying for the ST if you don’t put in card details?
James P

Postby Oldun on Fri May 10, 2019 8:06 pm

Ok I give up ,you are right .
Oldun

Postby geaus on Fri May 10, 2019 8:54 pm

Oldun wrote:But I say again,if you do not put any card details in,then how can they charge you for cup tickets?

Totally missing the point. By accepting terms eg payment and selection as “opt in” selected,the onus is on me to provide card details for what I “selected”. Whether that’s now or 6 months I “chose” to pay for something by opting in so i am liable.

100% wrong on the clubs part and the comments above prove the majority haven’t picked up on it.
geaus

Postby Johnny Byrne's Boots on Fri May 10, 2019 9:09 pm

It looks like pre ticked boxes are illegal under EU law

The new rules also ban surcharges for the use of credit cards and hotlines, as well as pre-ticked boxes on websites for charging additional payments (for example when buying plane tickets online).

Johnny Byrne's Boots

Postby Kialos on Tue May 14, 2019 5:14 pm

Email received today

Dear Muppet - there's never been a better time to upgrade to Club London!

If you've ever thought about becoming a member within our Club London hospitality, then now is your chance.

As a member your matchday is enhanced with a complimentary half-time drink and programme, access to your exclusive lounge pre-match, at half-time and after the games, Hammer Legend appearances and entertainment, all with premium padded seats in the West Stand.

What's more, you receive many additional benefits including access to away match tickets, invites to special events plus the first three cup games are included.

As a valued 1966 Season Ticket Holder we would like to offer you the opportunity to upgrade from just £549. That works out at just £25 per game as your membership includes the first three cup games.*

There are a limited numbers of seats available in our Academy Bar and Boleyn Bar, both of which retain the traditional football pre-match experience, with the added advantage of being just seconds away from your halfway line seat in the West Stand.

To learn more about upgrading or to discuss your options please call us today on 0303 031 1968, or request a call back here.
Kialos

Postby Claret&Blue,Thru& on Tue May 14, 2019 5:24 pm

Just got the same email. Personally, I'm looking to pay less money.
Claret&Blue,Thru&

Postby simon1982 on Tue May 14, 2019 5:33 pm

Same here. £1750 for corporate isn’t terrible but I won’t be doing it.
One of my mates has an 1882 season ticket at spurs. Pays £2k. They get 2 drinks vouchers and a food voucher for every home game. They have 4 designated lounges that allows access for this season ticket. His seat is a standard one in the south stand, not in a corporate area, he just has the corporate perks without the “ view”
simon1982

Postby Kialos on Tue May 14, 2019 5:34 pm

Just goes to show how low renewals are and that is in the cheapest lounge.

A fool and their money are easily parted and most people with money are not fools.

People know if what they are paying for is substandard and that's why so many are not renewing now their 3 year lock in has ended.
Kialos

Postby Kialos on Tue May 14, 2019 5:48 pm

I don't have any connection to this place but even the basic package of £60 per season you get a free drink every game and somewhere to sit out of the cold before the game

https://www.formansfishisland.com/westham.php
Kialos

Postby Big George on Tue May 14, 2019 5:48 pm

Did we ever get to the bottom of what "access to away tickets" actually means?
Big George

Postby The Difference on Tue May 14, 2019 6:56 pm

Did anyone get to the bottom of the "automatically opt in" home cup tickets?
I emailed the club and got a generic response that I should be calling the ticket office as they are busy...

This is actual response I got....with the different typeface sizes included. My god the standards there are so very low.

Dear Supporter,

Thank you for contacting the West Ham United Ticket Office. Due to higher than usual volumes due to our season ticket renewals campaign, we strongly advise that you please contact us direct with your enquiry on 0333 0301966 pressing the relevant options, where one of advisors will be able to assist.

Our Office Opening times are Mon – Sat 9am – 5pm Sunday – CLOSED

Best Wishes

West Ham Ticket Office

I've never had the misfortune to call the ticket office recently - is this a premium number line?
The Difference

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion