Huge rise in ST prices

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: Rio, Gnome, chalks, -DL-, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo

Re: Huge rise in ST prices

Postby Pop Robson on Tue May 14, 2019 8:47 pm

Quick limited number of season tickets in club London

https://twitter.com/westhamutd/status/1 ... 49536?s=21
Pop Robson

Postby Wembley1966 on Wed May 15, 2019 8:11 am

Kialos wrote:I don't have any connection to this place but even the basic package of £60 per season you get a free drink every game and somewhere to sit out of the cold before the game

https://www.formansfishisland.com/westham.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Formans used their influence and favours owed after getting kicked out of their old place for the Olympics in getting the new footbridge built. It's now a 2 minute walk from their place to the A turnstiles. Quite a few corporates do their pre-match dining there.
Wembley1966

Postby The Difference on Wed May 15, 2019 2:52 pm

**Auto opt in home cup games**

I got this email back from the ticket office...
Not sure if this means it will automatically revert back or if I will have to.

---------------------

Thank you for your email.

This is a temporary problem and we are working hard to fix this. Please disregard and carry on renewing or give us a call at the Ticket Office and we can do it for you. 0333 030 1966 option 4.

Kind regards,

Tracy
The Difference

Postby DaveWHU1964 on Wed May 15, 2019 3:29 pm

Pop Robson wrote:Quick limited number of season tickets in club London

I love the use of the word 'limited'. Unless a stand or a ground literally has an infinite amount of seats any number from one to 10,000 could be covered by 'limited'.

That they have to take out full page ads and cobble together unprofessional, illiterate emails to try to flog these says they're struggling. :thup:
DaveWHU1964

Postby Kialos on Wed May 15, 2019 8:43 pm

Got a text this afternoon, to go with the email yesterday about upgrading to Club London. If they start ringing then you know they are desperate!
Kialos

Postby Pop Robson on Wed May 15, 2019 11:33 pm

This extra seats thing is still coming up in emails, those thousands on the waiting list only wanting a single seat must be fuming

YOUR CHANCE TO SECURE ADDITIONAL SEATS FOR FRIENDS OR FAMILY

As an extra benefit, you will be able to apply for a limited number of single seats, giving you the opportunity to secure an additional Season Ticket in your block or the adjacent one, subject to availability.
Pop Robson

Postby Claret&Blue,Thru& on Thu May 16, 2019 12:18 am

Kialos wrote:Got a text this afternoon, to go with the email yesterday about upgrading to Club London. If they start ringing then you know they are desperate!

Ditto
Claret&Blue,Thru&

Postby Graza on Thu May 16, 2019 9:28 am

<deleted>
Last edited by Graza on Thu May 16, 2019 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Graza

Postby Prob on Thu May 16, 2019 9:33 am

Kialos wrote:I don't have any connection to this place but even the basic package of £60 per season you get a free drink every game and somewhere to sit out of the cold before the game

https://www.formansfishisland.com/westham.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If you enjoy waiting 30 minutes to get a beer that if flat go for it. They only have 2 taps for beer
Prob

Postby Kialos on Thu May 16, 2019 2:32 pm

I wont be going for it. I clearly said I do not have any connection and neither am I a customer. I was offering up a suggestion.

Apologies for trying to be constructive.
Kialos

Postby Estuary on Thu May 16, 2019 2:42 pm

Big George wrote:Did we ever get to the bottom of what "access to away tickets" actually means?

Each lounge is allocated a number of away tickets which the Club London members can apply for on a first come first served basis. You have no need to accumulate points to qualify if your a Club London member.
Estuary

Postby Pop Robson on Thu May 16, 2019 2:50 pm

A friend does some work for someone that has 9 decent seats in Club London, can't remember the cost but it didn't include grub that is extra

They are normally empty, but he does renew as his business does good so he can afford it
Pop Robson

Postby Marky on Thu May 16, 2019 2:53 pm

Pop Robson wrote:A friend does some work for someone that has 9 decent seats in Club London, can't remember the cost but it didn't include grub that is extra

They are normally empty, but he does renew as his business does good so he can afford it

Correct grub is a (lot) extra. Just a half time beer included
Marky

Postby Big George on Thu May 16, 2019 3:09 pm

Estuary wrote:
Each lounge is allocated a number of away tickets which the Club London members can apply for on a first come first served basis. You have no need to accumulate points to qualify if your a Club London member.

I'd love to know how many. I bet they are not one member one ticket either.
Big George

Postby mushy on Thu May 16, 2019 3:42 pm

UG has a post about this in the away tickets thread (I think).
Think there is a limit to how many you are allowed but no idea of numbers.
The club need to be totally transparent about this.
mushy

Postby Estuary on Thu May 16, 2019 4:11 pm

[quote]I'd love to know how many. I bet they are not one member one ticket either.[/quote

The minimum is 200, but the number depends on the take up elsewhere as to ultimately how many. No it isn't one member one ticket, I have had up to four at a time, including Spurs away in the cup last season.
Estuary

Postby Big George on Thu May 16, 2019 4:17 pm

mushy wrote:UG has a post about this in the away tickets thread (I think).
Think there is a limit to how many you are allowed but no idea of numbers.
The club need to be totally transparent about this.

This is mad. we bleat on about the 10% ballot of those trying to get on the away points ladder, while the poshos have access to much more?

(In other news, makes sure UG's mobile number on my phone is up to date)
Big George

Postby reo_coker20 on Thu May 16, 2019 9:10 pm

Update on mine and my dads ticket got a call on the Friday before last home game that they will offer us the one year deal we said we will go ahead with it seeing as you won’t let us downgrade but our seat has now been sold apparently to a someone downgrading from Arnold hills I said why can’t we downgrade if they did apparently club London is nothing to do with normal seats you’ve got to join the waiting list, So we’ve got new seats now not really what we wanted.

All this could of been prevented if they offered people a yearly ticket rather than 3 years also not sure why it took to the Friday to call me when others was offered Tuesday then club emailed everyone Saturday morning
reo_coker20
One line wonder

Postby Phil S on Thu May 16, 2019 9:21 pm

^
You're on the OSB are you not?
Phil S

Postby reo_coker20 on Thu May 16, 2019 10:29 pm

Phil S wrote:^
You're on the OSB are you not?

Yes I am