Hammers United..No Summer Holiday for hard working HU gang..

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Hammers United including Bubbles TV appearance

Postby Mega Ron on Wed May 08, 2019 12:20 pm

I hope you get what you want.

For me, I can live with the stadium. If it is our stadium where we are welcome then we can make it work.

What I can't live with is David Sullivan, David Gold, and Karen Brady.

When they go a new owner gets a new chance.
Mega Ron

Postby Northbank Bar on Thu May 09, 2019 10:28 am

Mega Ron.Hopefully Hammers United just being in existence might make a difference.-In that the owners realise there are rumblings in the fanbase and may just spend a little more or show just a little bit more respect to the fans.-When we hit 5000 members and are still growing then hopefully they will realise they have to listen.If we maintain our growth it is only a matter of time.
Northbank Bar

Postby Phil S on Thu May 09, 2019 2:05 pm

I'm delighted to say, Hammers United are now an Affiliate member of the Football Supporters Federation

Membership is growing and I really feel we are headed in the right direction.

:scarfer:

Please join us

https://www.facebook.com/groups/788323488197508/
http://www.hammersunited.com
Phil S

Postby Up the Junction on Thu May 09, 2019 2:38 pm

An excellent move. Well done, HU.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place

Postby S-H on Thu May 09, 2019 2:40 pm

Good work, and good luck.

:crest:
S-H

Postby Odessa on Thu May 09, 2019 3:26 pm

Phil S wrote:

Please join us

http://www.hammersunited.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It's not really made clear on your site how to actually join. Just a contact email and a mailing list subscription.

Luddites like myself may be confused and I'm certain not joining a facebook group.
Odessa

Postby Phil S on Thu May 09, 2019 3:34 pm

^

Use the contact us tab on the website Odessa

We're also on twitter
https://twitter.com/HammersUnited2
Phil S

Postby Northbank Bar on Fri May 10, 2019 12:06 am

Odessa.
As Phil says you can use the contact us tab on our website or EMail direct to unitedhammers@aol.com

you will get a reply within 24 hours.

Thanks.
Northbank Bar

Postby Marlow Vaderman on Mon May 13, 2019 8:56 am

From Paul at Hammers United

Good Morning all.

So the season has ended.Was it a good one.-Not for me.Some terrible performances and unexpected defeats to teams that couldn’t buy a win.-Some great performances and unexpected victories against top teams.-The biggest bonus to the season being the emergence of Declan Rice.Wimbledon in the cup ruined it for me.Worst cup defeat since Mansfield, 52(I think) Years ago.

More to the point are we any nearer the promised ‘next level’? Have we yet ‘a world class team for a world class stadium’? Have there been any significant improvements to the matchday experience at London Stadium?

After the Burnley match last year the Club looked like they might finally be reaching out to the Supporters but that soon ground to a halt.There are so many issues that should be being discussed.

The Stewarding at the London Stadium remains a matter of great concern.

They formed their O.S.B.-A puppet body which they hide behind when it suits.A body which they didn’t even inform of the season ticket price increases.

They moved seats into higher price bands (underhand to say the least)and Corporate STH’s wishing to downgrade into non corporate areas were told they had to join the waiting list.

They couldn’t even run the children’s party properly.Children were there around 3 hours and were offered a glass of water.-Not a crisp,chocolate biscuit or glass of lemonade to be found.On a more serious note they are introducing a Blockchain based fan engagement platform!!Hammers United have looked at this in depth and a full report will be on here in the next few days.-The club have surpassed themselves with this one.

We are led to believe that West Ham’s net spend in the Summer will be around £25 million.Let us hope that this does not prove to be the case.Leicester,Wolves and Everton will all spend over £100 million so even if we spend astutely it is hard to see how we can improve our league position.Indeed it seems we are slipping ever further behind in the pecking order. Let us hope that West Ham commit to a realistic net spend to give us the best possible chance of success on the playing field.

So step forward Hammers United.We have to hold the club accountable for the broken promises.We have to press for dialogue on the issues important to West Ham supporters.We have to press the club to make available the necessary transfer funds.-And we will.

The close season is here now.Holidays ,a bit of sun hopefully,Champions League final cancelled.But the fight goes on .The larger our numbers the more influence we have.The first aim is to get to 5000 as soon as possible.You ,our members have joined up and made a commitment.-Please in the close season keep spreading the word.If your friends and colleagues are not on facebook point out that they can join by Email, by Emailing us on unitedhammers@aol.comWe have around 3300 members at the time of writing.If each one of you joined just one person up today we would have 6600 overnight!Our Committee is totally committed and we will achieve our aims.

But we need your help.

Onwards and Upwards. Hammers United.

COYI ⚒⚒
Marlow Vaderman

Postby OllyWHU6 on Mon May 13, 2019 12:15 pm

Marlow Vaderman wrote:From Paul at Hammers United

So step forward Hammers United.We have to hold the club accountable for the broken promises.We have to press for dialogue on the issues important to West Ham supporters.We have to press the club to make available the necessary transfer funds.-And we will.

Onwards and Upwards. Hammers United.

COYI ⚒⚒

Out of interest, and in a supportive sense, have any of your overtures thus far had a response from the board? My concern is while calls to hold the club accountable are noble, the issue across each fans group is finding a clear way of doing this. I appreciate larger numbers will help with that, but we’ve seen a few times now that the board may pay lip service but action is rare in coming.
OllyWHU6

Postby Northbank Bar on Mon May 13, 2019 5:01 pm

Hi Olly.
Please find below copy of EMail received from West Ham.

There are many ways to campaign for change but initially we intend to campaign through the Press,basically highlighting the club's shabby treatment of it's supporters.We did an interview with the Newham Recorder last week.The Recorder has asked the Club for it's response..The article will hopefully be released in the next couple of weeks.

Dear Greg,

Many thanks for your recent letter regarding the formation of your supporters group, Hammers United.

I note that your letter is dated 26th March, 2019 and was sent via special delivery, however, it has only just arrived today.(May 2nd) I cannot locate anything on the tracking information to explainthe delay in your letter arriving with me. As a matter of courtesy, I wanted to get in touch with you to confirm receipt of your letter and I will be in touch with you again as soon as possible.

Many thanks for your patience in the meantime.

Kind regards,

Jake

Jake Heath

We checked the tracking and it was received and signed for by West Ham on March 27th.
Northbank Bar

Postby Tross on Wed May 15, 2019 8:55 am

Hammers United continue to raise their profile with an article in the Newham Recorder. . . The Club declined to comment when approached by the paper.

https://www.newhamrecorder.co.uk/news/w ... -1-6049197[/url]

Tross
8-)
Tross
The bard of East London

Postby Marlow Vaderman on Wed May 15, 2019 10:43 am

The implications of this reverberate well beyond West Ham United. This is the future of football as we know it. We have to say enough is enough. The end game here is frightening. Data harvesting and consumer targeting. Perhaps one day football will be played behind closed doors as a social media event. More money into the clubs without the inconvenience of the general public to police and keep safe.
Remember George Orwell...
We must fight this together people.
Just not buying in isn’t enough. It’s up to us to make noise about this.
COYI ⚒⚒
Marlow Vaderman

Postby Marlow Vaderman on Wed May 15, 2019 10:47 am

Oops
Wrong thread..
Previous reply refers to the crypto currencies post
West Ham say pay to have your say..
Check it out..
MV ⚒⚒
Marlow Vaderman

Postby Albie Beck on Thu May 16, 2019 11:10 pm

Tross wrote:Hammers United continue to raise their profile with an article in the Newham Recorder. . . The Club declined to comment when approached by the paper.

https://www.newhamrecorder.co.uk/news/w ... -1-6049197" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;[/url]

Tross
8-)

LS185 wrote:"We work closely with West Ham United through the club's official supporters' board to best understand fans' thoughts and concerns, and ways to improve the matchday experience at the venue.

"We have asked the new supporters group to report any concerns through this channel, they will then be considered and action taken if necessary."

Let me get this right... LS185 suggested that HU should direct its "concerns" to the OSB??
What was HU's response? Short and to the point I hope.
Albie Beck

Postby Northbank Bar on Fri May 17, 2019 10:57 am

Hi Albie.We are writing to LS185 to express our concerns and seek a meeting with them.West Ham have written to us suggesting we apply for a seat on the O.S.B.Our Committee has initiated a members vote on this.-Our committee have recommended our members vote no to Hammers United applying for a seat on the O.S.B.
Northbank Bar

Postby Condorhammer on Fri May 17, 2019 11:37 am

Northbank Bar wrote:Our committee have recommended our members vote no to Hammers United applying for a seat on the O.S.B.

:thup: :thup:
Condorhammer

Postby Albie Beck on Fri May 17, 2019 12:23 pm

Thanks NB - have replied to the email...
Albie Beck

Postby Northbank Bar on Fri May 24, 2019 2:51 pm

From Hammers United.
Friday May 24th 2019.

Dear Jake,
Thank you for your Email of May 15th.

We are well aware of the existence of the Official Supporters Board.However,the vast majority of West Ham Supporters see this as not representative of the fans.-Our members share this view.
The O.S.B.is not a democratically elected body.It is but an illusion and in effect a subordinate of the Club.When the club recently announced season ticket price increases these apparently had not even been discussed with the O.S.B.! More recently the Club announced it’s new partnership with Socios.It would seem that once again the O.S.B.was not consulted on this very important matter to West Ham supporters.-Or worse still they agreed to it.
As a democratic body ourselves we balloted our members on whether we should seek representation on the O.S.B.Our members vote was a resounding ‘NO’.
We therefore thank you for pointing out that application can be made for a position on the O.S.B. but will not be seeking representation. Please explain our position to the Board and stress that it is them we wish to speak to on matters of concern raised by their supporters.
Hopefully The Board will agree to meet us but they must understand that until they do so we have a duty to our members to both lobby them to reconsider and to get the answers and improvements our members seek .
We thank you for pointing out that any individual supporter enquiries can be made by supporters to you personally and will report that back to our members.
Thank You.
Best Regards.

Lee Rogers(Joint Secretary).
Northbank Bar

Postby Up the Junction on Fri May 24, 2019 2:53 pm

Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion