Hammers United..No Summer Holiday for hard working HU gang..

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Hammers United

Postby the pink palermo on Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:48 pm

Phil S wrote:In fairness, WHUISA related stuff should be in the appropriate thread...

Thank you Phil, :thup:

Various Supporters groups have been afforded a platform to express their views on here, all we ask is mutual respect in terms of not digging each other out.

The supporters will eventually who works out who achieves most for them.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin

Postby Phil S on Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:22 pm

:thup:
Phil S

Postby Northbank Bar on Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:49 am

by LoxfordIron » Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:45 pm

From small acorns........
Hammers United has grown a good base.
At the meeting they proved that they are willing to listen to what any West Ham fan has to say
and proved that they are fluid enough to move things around if that's what the membership wants.
I for one am liking where this is going and Hammers United acknowledged that it is a long road ahead.
This is quite obviously a group that will not just say this is our view and there for that is what we are going to run with.

The transport issue with no trains running did snooker them somewhat, but this was totally out of their hands.
I travelled down from the Luton area and all I did was go to Stratford Broadway, as I usually do for refreshment, jumped on a bus at the end of West Ham lane to Plaistow. With the short walk from the station to the club in Queens Road West it added 12 minutes to my journey. Not a massive sacrifice.

Once at the club drinks were cheap, Carlberg £3-30, Guiness £3-50 and the people running the club also brought out trays of hotdogs and rolls and wouldn't take any money for them. The friendly bar staff came round with pen and paper to ask anyone who would like a taxi booked to the ground, I then saw total strangers teaming up to fill four to a taxi so each person paid less than £2 to get to the match.

I for one thoroughly enjoyed the experience of visiting "The Plaistow Community Centre" and I think in future will be popping in there more often.

3 x 
Northbank Bar

Postby Northbank Bar on Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:27 am

Minutes of Hammers United Committee meeting held at The Plaistow Community Centre on Saturday April 20th.
Committee Members Present
Paul Colborne,Lee Rogers,Phil Stringfellow,Mark Telling.Apologies received from Scott Bowman and Greg Hobbs(Secretary).
There were around 130 in attendance in all.

The Chairman opened the meeting at 11.45 hrs sharp.He thanked all for coming.especially in the light of the transport problems and Upton Park and Plaistow stations both being closed.
He then read out a letter of support from Bill Gardner which all in attendance greatly appreciated.
In his opening remarks the Chairman gave background on the formation of Hammers United which had now been in existence just over a month.Membership on facebook and Email was approaching 3000.It was hoped we could get 4000 members by the end of the season and 5000 by the start of next.This would give us a good base going forward.
Election of Committee.
The Chairman then reminded all present that we had been working with an ad hoc Committee.This now had to be ratified with members either endorsed or replaced.He gave a brief background of all those presently acting as Committee members and asked if there was anybody else present who wished to stand.Bowman,Hobbs,Colborne,Rogers,Stringfellow, Telling were all endorsed.Stephen Cross was elected onto the Committee.
We now had a Committee of 7 leaving 3 vacancies still open.All present accepted we still lacked expertise in all areas.This would come with time.
Aims
The Chairman drew attention to document circulated on Hammers United Facebook and on West Ham Forums,also to members by Email.
This listed things the Committee hoped to bring up with the Board.Namely Ticket Prices and Season Ticket renewals,London Stadium and match experience,Memorial Gardens,Mascots,help for disabled supporters,Champions Place stones,Erradication of our heritage,help for West Ham’s away supporters,significant investment in the Playing Squad.
This led to much discussion .Members recognised the importance of all these points and they must be raised
.However the general consensus was that Hammers United should unite under 3 main aims.
1.That West Ham United be encouraged to make considerable investment into the Playing Squad to give us the best possible chance of success on the pitch.
2.That West Ham United seriously address the issue of Stewarding at the London Stadium.It’s supporters should be able to watch the match in a safe environment.Existing stewards were not up to the job.West Ham United must stop evading this issue and tackle it head on.It had a duty to it’s supporters to do so.
The Chairman noted concerns that time was moving on and people had to get to the match so it was agreed members should be given more time to consider the third point.This was hugely important and shouldn’t be rushed.This was agreed.A further Meeting would be arranged as soon as possible.
Ongoing Campaign.
It was agreed that the way forward was through the Press and Media.-Drawing attention to West Ham United’s broken promises and poor treatment of it’s supporters.
Recruitment.
It was agreed we get as much media and Press coverage as possible.

The Chairman reminded all present that recruitment could be speeded up by all our members spreading the word to friends,colleagues,relations and indeed all West Ham supporters we came into contact with.Those not on Facebook could join up on Email.
He drew attention to leaflets already in circulation and all present agreed to take and give out.
There being no further business the Chairman then closed the meeting at.1.00 pm thanking all for attending.
The Committee would like to thank Ann Harris at the Plaistow Community Centre.Facilities were great and the ‘free’ rolls went down well.-ThankYou.

Greg Hobbs(Secretary).
Northbank Bar

Postby Kialos on Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:56 pm

Thanks for that.
Kialos

Postby Phil S on Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:49 pm

I'm feeling very positive about this group..

The guys on board are enthusiastic and positive.

I with others handed out leaflets at Saturdays game and other than a few who turned their noses up it went really well, with many signing up via Facebook or the website shortly after.

There's a long way to go and hard work ahead and without doubt we need more members / more support.

If you're unhappy with anything West Ham United related, please join us.

We're still 3 short on the committee if anyone is interested.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/788323488197508/
http://www.hammersunited.com

:scarfer:
Phil S

Postby theaxeman on Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:38 pm

Why don't we just get behind WHUISA, isn't this what they do?
theaxeman

Postby Marlow Vaderman on Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:44 pm

We offer an alternative to fans.
We have set out our stall and have been quite clear about our ethos and aims.
All we ask is that people take a look at what we are saying and decide if it’s for them. If you are completely happy with everything then great.. if you already have a group that represents your feelings then that’s fine too. If not then feel free to join Hammers United.
Just give us a fair crack of the whip.. not much to ask.
MV ⚒⚒
Marlow Vaderman

Postby Marlow Vaderman on Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:47 pm

‘Come and Meet Hammers United.’-Meeting to be held at The Plaistow Park Community Centre on morning of Saturday May 4th.

We promised to meet our members again as soon as possible. We prefer to hold meetings at Plaistow to support the local businesses there and in any event are unaware of any suitable venues in Stratford.

The problem is that there is only one home game left and on this day both Upton Park and Plaistow underground stations are closed again. Also some of our members are on boat trips and others are off to Wembley. These factors will seriously impact on numbers.

We have therefore decided to hold meeting as promised but to make it more informal with fluid start and finish times. Basically there will be no fixed agenda and our Committee will be around from 10.30 am until 1.45 pm for anyone interested to come and have a chat and a beer.

We can listen to our members views and look to progress on our key points and campaign strategy. Looking forward to seeing as many of you there as possible.

COYI.

On behalf of
Greg Hobbs(Secretary).
Marlow Vaderman

Postby theaxeman on Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:58 pm

Marlow Vaderman wrote:We offer an alternative to fans.
We have set out our stall and have been quite clear about our ethos and aims.
All we ask is that people take a look at what we are saying and decide if it’s for them. If you are completely happy with everything then great.. if you already have a group that represents your feelings then that’s fine too. If not then feel free to join Hammers United.
Just give us a fair crack of the whip.. not much to ask.
MV ⚒⚒

It's not much to ask I agree but in my opinion it splits the fan base and dilutes what little influence we have. Much like the trade I'm in where there are so many groups that they have no focus.
Good luck though hope it really takes off and we can get shot of these clowns.
theaxeman

Postby Phil S on Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:38 pm

Hammers United have now applied for affiliate membership of the Football supporters federation FSF

This shows we are aiming to be professional and well run.
It's still early days but we're very happy with the way things are going.

Please give us a chance if you haven't already

https://www.facebook.com/groups/788323488197508/
http://www.hammersunited.com
Phil S

Postby clawhammer on Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:54 pm

Until I read the minutes I was half interested especially as I am getting disenchanted with WHUISA. Then I read that everybody appreciated a message of support from Bill Gardner. I know the former ICF members are looked up to by a faction of Hammers but that is all a huge turn off to me.
clawhammer

Postby Doc H Ball on Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:06 pm

That’s because you don’t know the man or your history I guess Claw.
Doc H Ball

Postby Mega Ron on Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:07 pm

theaxeman wrote:Why don't we just get behind WHUISA, isn't this what they do?

It doesn't sound to me like Whuisa is that anymore.
Mega Ron

Postby Albie Beck on Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:28 pm

theaxeman wrote: in my opinion it splits the fan base and dilutes what little influence we have. Much like the trade I'm in where there are so many groups that they have no focus.

I think it is really the opposite axeman - the factions are already there, as for whatever reasons WHUISA or RWHF or others, including HU, may not appeal to certain sections. But if they can work together and sort out some common objectives then they have a chance.

Everything I've heard so far has been reasonable so I'm minded to join.
Albie Beck

Postby e17 on Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:36 pm

clawhammer wrote:Until I read the minutes I was half interested especially as I am getting disenchanted with WHUISA. Then I read that everybody appreciated a message of support from Bill Gardner. I know the former ICF members are looked up to by a faction of Hammers but that is all a huge turn off to me.

He’s been mates with old members of my family since I was a tiny nipper, so I’m a bit biased here, but BG intrinsically loves WHU and our football team as much as anyone I’ve ever met, Claw.

Ignore all of the “pwoppa nawty” stuff, and take my word for it mate, the fella always has what’s best for WHU in his heart, unlike some of our support.

(Sorry if this is off topic mods)
e17

Postby Up the Junction on Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:50 pm

e17 wrote:...the fella always has what’s best for WHU in his heart...

:thup:
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place

Postby CSC on Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:52 pm

I don't post on here much but feel I need to now.

Bill Gardner = Mr West Ham
CSC

Postby Boom Kid on Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:13 am

Bill Gardner = Mr West Ham[/quote]

This :thup:
Boom Kid

Postby Northbank Bar on Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:42 pm

Bill Gardner has been following West Ham home and away for nearly 60 years.He has never been convicted of any offence whatsoever.He is hugely respected and when he came out and supported Hammers United we were genuinely very very pleased.He has firm principles,strict moral fibre,loves West Ham and is honest as the day is long.We feel his support reflects well on Hammers United.
Northbank Bar

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion