Hammers United..No Summer Holiday for hard working HU gang..

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Hammers United Launch

Postby Doc H Ball on Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:32 am

There are some genuine people behind this.

Just as WHUISA has been unfairly cast, so it must be said have many others. The actions of a few spoiled it for all of us. No need to link them to anyone else.

I wish them luck but that said I have no hope for anything.
Doc H Ball

Postby Hammer.CA on Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:15 am

The road to hell is paved with good intensions
Hammer.CA

Postby Doc H Ball on Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:20 am

And lined with bad spellers.
Doc H Ball

Postby Phil S on Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:26 am

Kialos wrote:I've just had a look on the Hammers United facebook page and already there are posts about "WHUISA grasses." I really do despair.

I can't see any so hope they've been deleted.
I already posted on there for people to mind their language, not to slag off other groups etc

There are always idiots sadly.
Phil S

Postby rciron on Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:15 am

Doc H Ball wrote:And lined with bad spellers.

:lol: doc, you are a one
rciron

Postby rciron on Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:26 am

Kialos wrote:I've just had a look on the Hammers United facebook page and already there are posts about "WHUISA grasses." I really do despair.

And for that reason I am out :thdn:
rciron

Postby Corney Beal on Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:11 am

Northbank Bar wrote:Hammers United are also signing up by EMail for those not using facebook.Also they have well trusted and respected members of the fan base within the group.Supporters will join because they trust these people.

Well trusted and respected. Lots were saying that about another group , where the trusted and well respected leaders are either banged up for serious drug related offences or vanished off the face of the earth.
Corney Beal

Postby Corney Beal on Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:26 pm

Check out @DavidBaker66’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/DavidBaker66/status ... 11043?s=09

Second WHU fans group to be FSF affiliated.
Corney Beal

Postby Big George on Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:37 pm

Corney Beal wrote:Check out @DavidBaker66’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/DavidBaker66/status ... 11043?s=09" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Second WHU fans group to be FSF affiliated.

That is not true. There are only two affiliates. WHUISA & Pride of Irons. They are transparent democratic organisations who are accountable to members. the OSB isn't any of that.

The OSB have been granted associate status.

Associate status can be gained by any group. For example SW's claret and hugh are also associate members.

Associates have limited voting rights on par with individual members, no access to meetings with PL, not involved with FSF Prem League action group, not invited to attend the Met Police safety liaison meetings.
Big George

Postby rottiel on Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:44 pm

The Old Man of Storr wrote: Who are ' These People ' if I may be so bold ?

Get yourself on the facebook page TOMOS and have a look. Lots of long time fans behind it,
rottiel

Postby Big George on Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:49 pm

rottiel wrote:
Get yourself on the facebook page TOMOS and have a look. Lots of long time fans behind it,

or they could just list the members of the ten strong committee?
Big George

Postby rottiel on Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:56 pm

Big George wrote:or they could just list the members of the ten strong committee?

Yep, I don't disagree with that BG
rottiel

Postby The Old Man of Storr on Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:19 pm

Doc H Ball wrote:There are some genuine people behind this.

Just as WHUISA has been unfairly cast, so it must be said have many others. The actions of a few spoiled it for all of us. No need to link them to anyone else.

I wish them luck but that said I have no hope for anything.

Ok , I'll accept that the people behind this group are all good genuine fans , the problems they're going to face are -

1. There are already 2 quite large West Ham Supporter Groups already in existence , the first thing people will be asking is ' Do we really need another ? ' .

2. The Board will not talk to anyone but their appointed group

3. No 5 in their recent ' Manifesto ' states - '' This is not a Protest Group . It would be great if the Board delivers on all fronts, however should they not deliver then we need to be organised . ''

That makes you a Protest Group .

There's nothing wrong with that and there's nothing wrong in saying you are . If you engage with the Board it's normally because you have grievances .
The Old Man of Storr

Postby Up the Junction on Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:38 pm

Corney Beal wrote:Check out @DavidBaker66’s Tweet. Second WHU fans group to be FSF affiliated.

Associate status, not affiliated. The same as KUMB.

http://www.fsf.org.uk/about-us/affiliates-and-associates/#PL
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place

Postby Kialos on Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:49 pm

Phil S wrote:
I can't see any so hope they've been deleted.
I already posted on there for people to mind their language, not to slag off other groups etc

There are always idiots sadly.

Yes, I think they have. Good work Phil, need to put these idiots back in their box promptly and start as you mean to go on. Everyone should understand that the "united" in the group name means exactly that.
Kialos

Postby The Moth on Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:23 am

Thats the thing though Kialos, by its nature theae type of grpups divide us as a support. Can we not all be just west ham without having to sign up for some group? As supporters we are united through our support for the club , it doesnt matter whether we have completely different views on players , managers , matchday experiences, political views , we could disagree on absolutely everything but we are all west ham and thats all we need.

These type of groups try to be a voice for fans but do we really need them? And how can one group represent everyones different opinions and views? I wish these groups were about before the move .....

Ultimately I would much prefer no such groups and instead a simple message put out to the board that people can stand behind , for example tell the board we as supporters are expecting significant investment in the 1st team squad this sunmer and if they dont deliver we will be making our voices heard again. Thats it, no need to try to have dialogue with this lot, theyve taken us to this stadium on the basis of taking us to the next level, which takes spending money. Either front up or **** off should be the simple message.

No need to be part of any group , being West Ham is all we need to unite us all anything else will just divide.
The Moth

Postby mushy on Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:12 am

Moth,how do you intend to get your message across without being part of anything?
Your message seems to read, If the board don't spend lots of money then I will be very cross .

Do you reckon anyone will take much notice?
mushy

Postby Kialos on Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:20 am

All football clubs have a number of fan's groups, whether they be Independent Supporters Associations or others. West Ham had fan groups long before the move. Just because there are a number of different groups does not mean they are in conflict with each other, many people like me belong to several. This is normal outside of football as well. For example there are numerous wildlife groups. They may not agree on everything but will work together for the common good. The fans voice cannot be heard by the board if there are no conduits in place for that voice to be delivered.

What we have at West Ham are a small number intent on causing conflict. Some of these people are being paid by the board to agitate and others are just simpletons. The vast, vast majority of fans are neither of things. There is a huge difference between people holding different views and arguing about it and people actively wishing harm and threatening those who hold different views.
Kialos

Postby The Moth on Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:37 am

mushy wrote:Moth,how do you intend to get your message across without being part of anything?
Your message seems to read, If the board don't spend lots of money then I will be very cross .

Do you reckon anyone will take much notice?

^my point was in relation to hammers uniteds saying they want to see significant investment in the first team squad but also want to attempt dialogue with the owners. Talking with this lot doesnt work, I havent seen any west ham group achieve any real change apart from dividing fans. The fans who made their voices heard at the Burnley game put more pressure on the owners then any type of organised action group. Maybe thats how we get our voices heard, when discontent in the fanbase reaches the point where people make a stand instead of meetings and emails to the club?
The Moth

Postby The Moth on Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:43 am

Kialos wrote:They may not agree on everything but will work together for the common good. The fans voice cannot be heard by the board if there are no conduits in place for that voice to be delivered.

Well lets see if hammers united work with whuisa for the common good. Im not sure fans voices are being heard anyway given the board wont engage or listen to these groups . You cant reason with our owners in my opinion and they dont deserves any further attempts at dialogue given the utter contempt theyve shown for the support.
The Moth

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion