Sheffield United next season

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: Rio, Gnome, chalks, -DL-, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo

Sheffield United next season

Postby martin allen fan club on Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:22 pm

So looks very likely they are in the Prem . I recently went to the England match at Wembley and gave a few Irons Irons when Rice came on . Then a foul mouth rant and abuse from a bloke infront of me with his family . Gave me some **** coz he was a Blade and we sent them down . At the time i had a few sherberts and a few personal issues on my mind i was deffo the wrong bloke to pick on . An exchange of words and almost came to blows in the seats before stewards calmed it down .

So ..... away to in Sheffield could be a very tasty affair as the feelings still there from both fans i think . Deffo a game il be looking out for when fixtures come out and deffo not one to miss ;-)))
Last edited by martin allen fan club on Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
martin allen fan club

Re: Sheffield United next season

Postby S-H on Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:26 pm

But who will they blame next year when they go down?
S-H

Postby sanchoz on Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:28 pm

Did not send them down.
sanchoz

Location: Founder of the Carlton Cole Fan Club - Rainham & Guildford Branch

Postby Doc H Ball on Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:29 pm

There’s still time for Bielsa to loan a ringer.
Doc H Ball

Postby sendô on Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:29 pm

David Unsworth sent them down IIRC.

Delicious.

:crest:
sendô

Postby wildkard on Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:54 pm

Weirdly, I have never met a Sheffield United supporter who blamed anyone other than Warnock for their relegation. This was at the time as well.
wildkard

Postby iLoveLasagne on Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:07 pm

It didn't seem like a particularly spicy affair when they beat us in the cup. With the LS atmosphere and crowd composition I think it might be even more tame.
iLoveLasagne

Postby sutts07 on Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:16 pm

Sheffield United finished the season in 18th place with 38 points and a goal difference of -23 which was just a single goal worse than Wigan (who also finished on 38 points).

Sheffield United played at home to Wigan on the final day of the season and simply had to avoid losing that game to stay up and relegate Wigan.

Wigan even had a player sent off in the second half yet Sheffield United still lost the game.

Safe to say they only had themselves to blame for going down, as was agreed and ruled by the Premier League.
sutts07

Postby Het-Field on Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:19 pm

Serious amount of what passed under the bridge since then, including the rather tame cup affair in 2014. Both clubs have evolved, and I think Warnock, Jagielka, Baines and Nobes are the only four people involved who are still involved in the Premier League, and many aren’t even playing professionally anymore.
Het-Field

Location: Its great to be Irish, but its a miracle to be a Dub

Postby sutts07 on Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:31 pm

It will be hostile up there. Without a doubt.

Home game will be a bit ... meh... just like the majority.
sutts07

Postby NorthBankAlliance on Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:49 pm

Away game will be the most hostile next season without doubt, very much up for that one!
NorthBankAlliance

Postby Up the Junction on Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:53 pm

Such verminous scum we rarely have the sheer misfortune to encounter...

Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place

Postby Lovejoy2 on Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:01 pm

Colin W*nk*r sent them down, he threw their penultimate game against United by 'resting' their better players for their last game against Wigan.
Lovejoy2

Postby OohAahButler on Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:09 pm

Of course they had themselves to blame when they went down, but they proper hate us still. It will certainly be tasty when we go away.
OohAahButler

Postby brothernero on Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:15 pm

OohAahButler wrote:Of course they had themselves to blame when they went down, but they proper hate us still. It will certainly be tasty when we go away.

When I was trying to get my Mum A Virgin Media package I was put through to a Sheffield United fan. soon as he found out I was a West Ham fan he got all angry and bitter. Started ranting about how we had cheated them.

Thankfully since the so called "Tevez Affair" I have been lucky enough to only encounter a small handful of Blunt fans. Everyone fully holds us 100% to blame for why they got relegated.

Even one on the phone-in a few weeks ago one was saying how they will be back where they belong and were only away from the Premier League for so long because little old West Ham cheated and got away with it because of "Sir Trevor Brooking"

Blunt fans, cant smile without them. :lol:
brothernero

Postby norse on Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:16 pm

We'll probably lose against them, not because of the Tevez saga, but because they'll be ****

Allready expecting to lose against a team not even promoted - that's some next level west ham way right there 8-)
norse

Postby Het-Field on Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:20 pm

There was a lot wrong with the narrative at the end of the affair, and sadly it stuck.

We never really recovered from the reputational damage of the whole debacle.
Het-Field

Location: Its great to be Irish, but its a miracle to be a Dub

Postby WorcesterWHU on Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:39 pm

What we really need is the return of the white and light blue vertically-striped away kit so that we can rock up at their gaff next season dressed like Argentina.
WorcesterWHU

Postby OohAahButler on Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:43 pm

WorcesterWHU wrote:What we really need is the return of the white and light blue vertically-striped away kit so that we can rock up at their gaff next season dressed like Argentina.

You mean, like Sheffield Wednesday do?
OohAahButler

Postby Colours never run on Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:45 pm

There's still enough time for them to **** it up. Wouldn't be the first time they've failed spectacularly at the final hurdle.. 8-)
Colours never run

Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"

Next

Return to General Discussion