Notlob in administration

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Notlob in administration

Postby screech on Wed May 08, 2019 11:08 am

Just announced they are going into administration and will start the season on -12 points
screech

Re: Notlob in administration

Postby Monkey Mike on Wed May 08, 2019 11:22 am

Surely got to be favourites to go down again? Hamstrung from the start and most likely will have to clear the decks and start again with a load of new / free players on low wages.
Monkey Mike

Postby S-H on Wed May 08, 2019 11:31 am

S-H

Postby thespider on Wed May 08, 2019 11:50 am

Monkey Mike wrote:Surely got to be favourites to go down again?

That's asumming they even exist still come August
thespider

Postby sendô on Wed May 08, 2019 12:03 pm

thespider wrote:That's asumming they even exist still come August

Fingers and toes crossed.
sendô

Postby Cockneyboy311 on Wed May 08, 2019 12:22 pm

I'd never wish for a club to disappear no matter how much i disliked them (oh, well maybe Spurs).

I don't have any animosity towards Bolton and i hope somebody comes in and saves them. Good luck to them, they certainly need it.
Cockneyboy311

Postby NorthBankAlliance on Wed May 08, 2019 12:44 pm

screech wrote:Just announced they are going into administration and will start the season on -12 points

:scarfer:
NorthBankAlliance

Postby szola on Wed May 08, 2019 12:52 pm

S-H

:)
szola

Postby wolf359 on Wed May 08, 2019 1:20 pm

Excellent news, all that :arry: style mis-management and dodgy dealing from the fat Sam years coming back to bite them on the arse.

screech wrote:Just announced they are going into administration and will start the season on -12 points

They might break even by March if they are lucky
wolf359

Postby Up the Junction on Wed May 08, 2019 1:24 pm

wolf359 wrote:Excellent news, all that :arry: style mis-management and dodgy dealing from the fat Sam years coming back to bite them on the arse.

It's 12 years since Allardyce left Bolton...
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place

Postby Graza on Wed May 08, 2019 2:00 pm

Much as I dislike Notlob it's hard to revel in them being on fire like this. I'm certainly not from the "GSB saved us from oblivion" school of thought. But it certainly could all have continued to spiral from where we were to where they are... I would hope not, but you never know.
Graza

Postby NorthBankAlliance on Wed May 08, 2019 2:27 pm

Graza wrote:Much as I dislike Notlob it's hard to revel in them being on fire like this. I'm certainly not from the "GSB saved us from oblivion" school of thought. But it certainly could all have continued to spiral from where we were to where they are... I would hope not, but you never know.

Administration > The London Stadium...
NorthBankAlliance

Postby The Old Man of Storr on Wed May 08, 2019 2:38 pm

Cockneyboy311 wrote:I'd never wish for a club to disappear no matter how much i disliked them .

I don't have any animosity towards Bolton and i hope somebody comes in and saves them. Good luck to them, they certainly need it.

I always enjoyed seeing Allardyce outwit Wenger every season and they did have a few great players once upon a time .

Bolton Wanderers have a great History , they beat us back in 1923 at The White Horse Final - so no , I wouldn't wish this upon them
The Old Man of Storr

Postby wolf359 on Wed May 08, 2019 2:58 pm

Up the Junction wrote:It's 12 years since Allardyce left Bolton...

The culture was started in that era and seemed to continue, questions about finances during that time where never really answered. (Link from 2014)

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2014/oct/11/phil-gartside-bolton-wanderers-abyss

"At Bolton it is a history of strange and often unexplained goings-on if one thinks back to the infamous Panorama documentary about Allardyce and, later on, the considerable influence of Mark Curtis, one of the industry’s more controversial agents. Bolton never did get round to replying to the list of 20 questions my colleague David Conn put to them in 2007 about their financial dealings (although all of those named in the Panorama programme denied the allegations)."
wolf359

Postby hammernsickle on Wed May 08, 2019 3:02 pm

A good friend lived in Bolton for many years, always spoke highly of it.

I never like seeing this happen to a club. We weren't that far away, and anyway were much too close to be throwing stones from glass houses.

I save my schadenfreude for teams that really deserve it (I'm looking at you Tottenham Hotspur).
hammernsickle

Postby Marky on Wed May 08, 2019 3:09 pm

Cockneyboy311 wrote:I'd never wish for a club to disappear no matter how much i disliked them (oh, well maybe Spurs).

And Liverpool
Marky

Postby fmgod on Wed May 08, 2019 3:09 pm

Some of the posts are a bit strong here, hopefully, they sort themselves out, they average about 14k gate so should be a solid League One club if not a bit more with the right management.

Haven't got great memories of the Reekbok Stadium though, think been there twice and both times was 3-0 down without 20.
fmgod

Postby Graza on Wed May 08, 2019 3:15 pm

NorthBankAlliance wrote:Administration > The London Stadium...

You have me there.

If only someone on the planning committee had said "look at the city of Manchester stadium, that went well, let's do that again" would have saved 100's millions of tax payers money and we could have had a real stadium.
Graza

Postby Row X on Wed May 08, 2019 3:39 pm

My greatest memory of Bolton, was an away trip where we stayed in the actual stadium hotel the night before.

All the way up there we were joking that after we come back from the town centre after a few beers, we were going to try and sneak into the stadium and play football on the pitch at 3am.

Well after a few beers everyone had a lot more bravery\no common sense, and we discovered an unlocked door. In we all went, and we got our story straight between us..."we're looking for our hotel rooms"

We got to all sorts of rooms, in the chairman's suit we were trying to find the fax machine and send over a bid of £100m to West Ham for Carlton Cole, couldn't find it.

Then as we got to the changing rooms we discovered they were locked, then as we got near the tunnel a secruity guard found us... which then set off a Scooby Doo style chase through the dark corridoors and back to the hotel reception, where we all bundled into the lift and the doors closed on the chasing secruity guard... everyone got to there rooms turned the lights off and hoped for the best they didn't find us :lol:
Row X

Postby Monkey Mike on Wed May 08, 2019 3:52 pm

Row X wrote:Mwhich then set off a Scooby Doo style chase through the dark corridoors and back to the hotel reception, where we all bundled into the lift and the doors closed on the chasing secruity guard... everyone got to there rooms turned the lights off and hoped for the best they didn't find us

:lol: Did the scenery behind you become repetitive? Portrait of Phil Brown, Lifesize sculpture of Fat Sam drinking a jug of gravy, Portrait of Sammy Lee in his shiny, ill-fitting suit, Portrait of Phil Brown, Lifesize sculpture of Fat Sam drinking a jug of gravy etc.
Monkey Mike

Next

Return to General Discussion