The summer transfer window 2019 thread

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

hammerman11
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 745 likes

Re: The summer transfer window 2019 thread

Post by hammerman11 »

a good player to have but not the priority when you have limited funds. we need the DM and have done for years.
pelle obviously wants to make us harder to beat as he is looking at LB CB DM and CM areas.

we only need one striker coming in to go with arnie Antonio and young silva.

I wish the European leg of the market would hurry up and open as I find this very frustrating. I reckon we have deals in place across Europe and will announce soon.

fingers crossed for marzipan kourtis kessie Gomez
Aceface
Has liked: 377 likes
Total likes: 1472 likes

Post by Aceface »

It's not been entirely clear to me under this new structure whether Husillos is empowered to actually conduct negotiations for the players he and Pellegrini choose, or if the pair of them have a pow-wow and then Sullivan picks up the phone and takes over.

But I would say I'm more confident in taking a guess this morning.
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2501 likes
Total likes: 4405 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

Italians link us with Milan Badelj yet again, while A Bola in Portugal think we're getting Marega.

£30m budget , using my simple thinking, probably buys £10m worth of improvements to the defence, £10m for midfield and £10m up top.

If we move on Cresswell, Ogbonna, Oxford and Byram that probably means a gross budget of £25-£30m for CB/LB.

If we move on Fernandes and Obiang, the probably means a gross budget of £25m for CM

If we move on Hernandez, Perez and Hugill, it's £25m for CF.

Clearing out highly paid reserves probably makes room for well paid Bosmans and loans.
Alan Pardew's Dad
Has liked: 860 likes
Total likes: 673 likes

Post by Alan Pardew's Dad »

hammerman11 wrote:clyne is just 28 whist cresswell is 30 in December so quite a difference
So Clyne is 28 and Cresswell is 29. Not really ‘quite a difference’ at all :D
Lord Zoltan
Total likes: 50 likes

Post by Lord Zoltan »

bubbles1966 wrote:Italians link us with Milan Badelj yet again, while A Bola in Portugal think we're getting Marega.

£30m budget , using my simple thinking, probably buys £10m worth of improvements to the defence, £10m for midfield and £10m up top.

If we move on Cresswell, Ogbonna, Oxford and Byram that probably means a gross budget of £25-£30m for CB/LB.

If we move on Fernandes and Obiang, the probably means a gross budget of £25m for CM

If we move on Hernandez, Perez and Hugill, it's £25m for CF.

Clearing out highly paid reserves probably makes room for well paid Bosmans and loans.

Based on these numbers then , if we have 25 mil to spend on a CM then starting at 18 mill for Andre Gomes with room to get to 25 mill works, or use the money on Ceballos.
We don’t need a left back this Season according to some sources so go give Alaves the 15 mil they want for Maripan.
Saves 10 mill to add to the striker budget of 25 to make it 35 mill, go get a decent striker with that
hammerman11

Post by hammerman11 »

1.5 years is quite a bit at this stage of their careers. we would have 3 good years left in clyne and 1.5 for cresswell. personally I would prefer a much younger player around 24 so we dnt have to keep changing every year or two.

kourtis 24 marzipan 24 hayden 24 kessie 22 Gomez 22 mitrovic 24 surely that is what we should be looking at not your cahills 34 dzeko 32 llorente 34
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2501 likes
Total likes: 4405 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

I didn't realise that Clyne only had one year left on his deal. Liverpool will do very well to get north of £10m for him, and the price will be down to £5m by January.

Klopp doesn't think his distribution/final ball is good enough according to my Liverpool supporting, stepson-in-law.

Moreno is also available on a Bosman from there.
hammerman11

Post by hammerman11 »

rather we leave both alone unless we can get clyne for 10m
hammer1975
Has liked: 989 likes
Total likes: 1164 likes

Post by hammer1975 »

You have to expect that we’ll go back to the South American leagues - given the success with Balbuena.

Only real link i’ve seen was Cuellar - who doesn’t look eligible for a work permit (although if he’s selected and plays in all the Copa America games it becomes very close if I understand the rules correctly)
funky chicken
Has liked: 322 likes
Total likes: 1225 likes

Post by funky chicken »

Be interesting to see what happens to Cullen now Charlton have been promoted. It must be tempting to allow him to go there again seeing as they have now moved up a level.

If they are to loan him they need to offer him a new contract as he is out of contract after next season I believe.

Otherwise now is the perfect time to sell him :thup:

I get the impression Pellers wants to sign at least one homegrown players, probably in midfield. Hence the Fabian Delph and Aaron Mooy links, according to Ex.

I see there are some quotes on a few French sites from M'Vila that says he will leave if St Etienne's manager leaves.

Still some Turkish websites saying Besiktas trying to keep Medel but is trying to cancel his contract. And they may begrudgingly have to do so as Besiktas are struggling financially.

Seems like if Rondon had the choice he would stay at Newcastle too as I have seen quotes from him in the local press up in Newcastle saying his family has settled. So as long as Benitez stays, which looks likely and Mike Ashley is willing to spend I imagine we will miss out on Rondon.

Leiecester and Wolves according to some sites say they were both watching Marega, so could make a move. But having hinted the Wolves manager and Marega didn't get on particularly well when they were both at the club.
Last edited by funky chicken on Sun May 26, 2019 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gsbgsb
Has liked: 318 likes
Total likes: 747 likes

Post by Gsbgsb »

Gomes is exactly the kind of player we need, not saying it has to be him but we have Rice to play the DM role with Gomes or a player like him to link the play in the way Noble does. The only DM we might need is cover for Rice if Sanchez goes.

Getting a Rice mark 2 would make our CM too one dimensional especially in a 4-3-3, even in MP’s preferred 4-2-2-2 having two CM whose abilities mimic each other as opposed to compliment each other would be wrong imho.
funky chicken
Has liked: 322 likes
Total likes: 1225 likes

Post by funky chicken »

Shame Fabian Delph is too injury prone and at least 1 year too old as I would definitely take him.

He would be perfect alongside Rice. Exactly what we need in midfielder. Plus would add another good leader for the dressing room as he is a good character apparently. Pellegrini brought him to City too so will know how each other work.

Kind of surprised Man City are happy to let him go as if I was Guardiola I would personally of kept him. Even just to be in the squad. Not to mention he boosts their homegrown quota.

I still think we need a young box to box midfielder to play alongside Rice, no older than. 28. And a younger, better defensive midfielder than Sanchez to act as back up to young Declan.

Franck Kessie is still the one I would personally go for as the box to box. Defensive midfielder either: Issac Hayden, Mohamed Elneny, or maybe Yann M'Vila.
Universidad-de-Chile
Location: "(We, the small people, protest) Untill DIGNITY will became usual"

Post by Universidad-de-Chile »

hammer1975 wrote:You have to expect that we’ll go back to the South American leagues - given the success with Balbuena.

Only real link i’ve seen was Cuellar - who doesn’t look eligible for a work permit (although if he’s selected and plays in all the Copa America games it becomes very close if I understand the rules correctly)
Na, I still expect Pelle will bring some young interesting player for peanuts from that corner of the world...

Meanwhile, If that help the issue...

Maripan was making some news in the chilean media today:

"In addition, he referred to his possible arrival at West Ham by Manuel Pellegrini:

"Since I was little I always liked what the Premier League is. I would like to go there, it is a great challenge on a personal level. It's my second season in Europe.

In Spain I feel very good, but I would like to go to the Premier. What comes in the future I will decide after the Cup. Now I'm just thinking about the Copa América. "

And he said: "As long as there is nothing concrete, I can not guarantee anything. I have two years of contract with Alavés and my present is there. That is handled by my representative. I know there are rumors, but I try to get rid of those things and stay focused only on football. "

https://www.latercera.com/uncategorized ... or/670495/
fmgod
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 134 likes

Post by fmgod »

Probably out our reach but Bayako has been brilliant at Milan, on loan from Chelsea obviously but will probably go to a bigger club than us

Dragowsk Empoli keeper aged 21, looks well worth a look, been producing all season, on loan from Fiorentina
Patito

Post by Patito »

Two goals from Kessié tonight. Another from Calhanoglu as well.
Universidad-de-Chile
Location: "(We, the small people, protest) Untill DIGNITY will became usual"

Post by Universidad-de-Chile »

Patito wrote:Two goals from Kessié tonight. Another from Calhanoglu as well.
:thup:

BUT... I think an issue with Kessei is his challenging CHARACTER....

As was last week circulating in the media some news about a fight between him and Lucas Biglia (player from AC Milan too)...

Dont missunderstand me, I dont want to sound like a garbage piece took from The Sun, but the player had some issues and he has to work on his behavior and actitude sometimes. What also I read in some Milan fans forum.

Cheers!
OohAahButler
Has liked: 570 likes
Total likes: 294 likes

Post by OohAahButler »

funky chicken wrote:Shame Fabian Delph is too injury prone and at least 1 year too old as I would definitely take him.
But if he wasn’t, we would have no chance of signing him! We wouldn’t even be mentioned in the same breath.

If we are to make progress as a club, in the absence of the dildos selling out to an oil rich nation it will be done gradually, in stages.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1992 likes
Total likes: 1667 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

but Bournemouth signed a 20 year old LB from the fizzy for 13M.

with his very best days ahead of him

:?
Lil Joe 17
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 13 likes

Post by Lil Joe 17 »

Cuenca 'ammer wrote:but Bournemouth signed a 20 year old LB from the fizzy for 13M.

with his very best days ahead of him

:?
We should have been all over that :arry:
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1992 likes
Total likes: 1667 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

not saying he would have come, but they also signed that kid Brooks last year I think it was...

they'll have some cracking youngsters coming into the team, and if the kid wants to step up they'll flog him for at least twice what they paid...having gotten some good years out of them

that's the type of signing I would like to see us making