The summer transfer window 2019 thread

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Patito

Re: The summer transfer window 2019 thread

Post by Patito »

Peaches :thup: Philips and Klich from Leeds would both improve us IMO.
Hamadking
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by Hamadking »

Great call peaches, he's a star in the making
Monkeybubbles
Has liked: 497 likes
Total likes: 1980 likes

Post by Monkeybubbles »

Sully: "Kevin Phillips? I've heard of him. Get him on the blower....".
HammerAl
Total likes: 397 likes

Post by HammerAl »

:thup: for Kalvin Phillips
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham
Has liked: 236 likes
Total likes: 2575 likes

Post by Burnley Hammer »

Universidad-de-Chile wrote:Right, Cuenc!
Something else, I was visiting some Porto fans sites, and some of them called Marega "rough, technical a bit poor sometimes, hes fast, but thats it"...

And the other thing too that was posted and someone mentioned it on here, is that he needs a plenty of chances to score a goal first...

Makes me think about it... If West Ham has already Arnautoivc in that of striker role, why to get Marega?? Zapata had also his flows a couple of seasons ago with Udinese and Napoli...

Gómez fall in that kind of player too sometimes, as Cuenc and Pat suggested without Aspas he has scored so much less. But, ok, hes young too, could be and investment. But a very expensive one, anyway...
Looking at the stats on WhoScored, it seems as though Gomez has the best shot conversion rate (ie less shots needed per goal) and Mitrovic has the worst. Can't get exact figures though.

Speaking of stats... I used to use the Squawka website as it had a larger selection of stats and allowed you to choose between totals, per game, or per 90 mins. Can't seem to get it to work properly nowadays when I go to the player comparison matrix thing.
Voronin

Post by Voronin »

Go get Pontus Jansson and Neal Maupay!
chigwells finest
Location: crying with family/crying with strangers & just crying tbh
Has liked: 391 likes
Total likes: 159 likes

Post by chigwells finest »

Patito wrote:Peaches :thup: Philips and Klich from Leeds would both improve us IMO.
i liked shackleton too, great energy and a real bulldog mentality , loads of talent on the pitch last night
fmgod
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 134 likes

Post by fmgod »

I wouldn't touch anyone from any of the Championship teams from what I've seen this season, well no where near the prices quoted. Standard looks poor, if Billy Sharp and Pullki can get 30 goals it's hardly the greatest of leagues
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2691 likes
Total likes: 1788 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

Name - Moussa Marega

Club - FC Porto

Pos / Age - Striker / 28

Source - A Bola - https://www.abola.pt/Clubes/Noticias/Ver/788101/42" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Did a Google Translate and apparently we've triggered his release clause of 40€ - Pellegrini worked with Marega at Mallaga .
fmgod

Post by fmgod »

From the few times I've seen him play Marega is a bull dog type, not that great technically, bit of a bull in a china shop, antonio type. Could imagine him doing a Sakho and scoring tons at the start then totally peating out and ending back in Portugal or Spain
hammerman11
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 745 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

The window opens tomorrow so I wonder who will be the first player in ?

lets hope they surprise us and go big again. we need 5 good players to come in and transform us in my opinion.

LB CB DM CF X 2

GOMEZ, MAREGA,CEBALLOS , MARIPAN and KOURTIS are the ones we are most linked to at the moment

first out reece oxford for 3m which is a bit low !
funky chicken
Has liked: 322 likes
Total likes: 1225 likes

Post by funky chicken »

On Ex's show it was pretty much the same targets. But a few new targets were mentioned:

- Willy Caballero as the short term new back-up Keeper should he leave Chelsea on a free this summer;

- Aaron Mooy another midfileder being looked at.

- He mentioned we may target at least 1 English player as we want to boost the homegrown quota. Hence why Mooy was on the list, as even though he is Australian I believe he did come through an English academy (correct me if I am wrong);

- Franck Kessie has become a target. He specifically said to keep an eye on that one so that 'could' be one to watch;

- Guillermo Maripán is likely to be the centre half we get;

- Marega is a target but is behind Gomez and Mitrovic;

- He is still making clear Gomez is the main target ahead of Mitrovic;

- We are interested in signing in Jack Grealish, and we are hoping that Aston Villa do not get promoted, as it would keep his value down a little bit;

- Real Madrid midfielder Dani Ceballos is still being watched by the club ahead of the summer;

- Samir Nasri was offered a reduced pay-as-you-play deal, but he feels he could earn more elsewhere.
He has also been late to training on a regular basis for the past few weeks. And to think some wanted us to keep him :P

- The club could look to move Aaron Cresswell on this summer;

- Marko Arnautovic is likely to stay at West Ham this summer;

- Oxford is set to join that German club;

- Lanzini has been offered new deal at WHU but has been slow to accept. He has a cheek after sticking by him with his injury!

- The club have looked at potentially signing Adrian Rabiot, but know that a deal is very unlikely due to a load of other clubs being interested in him;

- Overall we want a : Back-up keeper, centre half, left back, at least 1 midfileder, 2 strikers. But the 2nd striker depends on if we lose Hernandez;

- Joe Powell is set to be offered a new deal with the club;

- Rangers, Real Betis, Crystal Palace and a couple of teams from Portugal have already shown interest in signing Adrian.
Last edited by funky chicken on Thu May 16, 2019 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
fmgod

Post by fmgod »

I've never listened to this show but he has listed 20 players, I reckon I could list 20 names one of them might happen
hammerman11
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 745 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

as long as Adrian doesn't go to palace I will be happy for him. real betis would be the best and most likely .

glad nasri has gone . lanzini is taking time as its his most important contract he is 26 now and the prime years are coming up for him. any 5 year deal must be right for him and the club. I think he will stay as no one better than us will come in for him after his injury.

Gomez as number one target is good to hear. young and scores goals. he needs the service but what striker doesn't. arnie has looked poor when we don't crteate anything.

arnie Gomez silva and Antonio covering would be enough if we need to be careful with the cash. we also desperately need the DM to partner rice. CF and DM are the two main priorities in my opinion.

any we wait and see. lets hope its a great window for west ham united.
S-H
Has liked: 5737 likes
Total likes: 9654 likes

Post by S-H »

Adrian is going back to Betis, apparently.

Happy for him if true.
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 144 likes
Total likes: 2406 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

fmgod wrote:I wouldn't touch anyone from any of the Championship teams from what I've seen this season, well no where near the prices quoted. Standard looks poor, if Billy Sharp and Pullki can get 30 goals it's hardly the greatest of leagues
Whilst I agree signing strikers can be a bit hit or miss, there are plenty of very good young full backs and midfielders in the CHampionship who would be very astute signings
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 258 likes
Total likes: 1161 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

funky chicken wrote:On Ex's show it was pretty much the same targets. But a few new targets were mentioned:...
Scattergun ?
thejackhammer
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by thejackhammer »

Ex has denied the Cuellar links as he has 'never heard of him'.

Is he arrogant enough to think everything goes through him?
thejackhammer
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by thejackhammer »

Yes Puff, Ex has loaded his Scattergun.

Not one name there that I haven't seen floated in the media.
Patito

Post by Patito »

The Old Man of Storr wrote:Name - Moussa Marega

Club - FC Porto

Pos / Age - Striker / 28

Source - A Bola - https://www.abola.pt/Clubes/Noticias/Ver/788101/42" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Did a Google Translate and apparently we've triggered his release clause of 40€ - Pellegrini worked with Marega at Mallaga .

Morning Tomos, Marega has never played for Malaga or in Spain at all. Mainly France and Portugal. :thup: