The summer transfer window 2019 thread

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

ChzMff
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 60 likes

Re: The summer transfer window 2019 thread

Post by ChzMff »

I would have a look at Alfredo Morelos. Physical, complete pain in the arse but has some subtlety to his game too and can certainly finish well. He’s had discipline problems but is a good age and knows what it takes to play as a lone front man. He’s worked his way up which you can see in the way that he plays.
hammerman11
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 745 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

depends how much they want for marega. Gomez is first choice and then if hopefully perez and Hernandez go we will need another one in. marega or rondon. depends on price but both are 28 with rondon tested at this level and pelle has worked with him. my vote goes for him

so Gomez and rondon in for 45m
carroll perez and Hernandez out for around 15m

arnie Gomez rondon would give us great options with silva and Antonio also able to play up top.

any news on the def midfielder we have needed for years !
fmgod
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 134 likes

Post by fmgod »

ChzMff wrote:I would have a look at Alfredo Morelos. Physical, complete pain in the arse but has some subtlety to his game too and can certainly finish well. He’s had discipline problems but is a good age and knows what it takes to play as a lone front man. He’s worked his way up which you can see in the way that he plays.
Nope, a basically retired Defoe is averaging a better goal per game ratio than Morelos. Dembele was the one to go for from the Scotish leagues but he went last year
Patito

Post by Patito »

funky chicken wrote: - Franck Kessie has become a target. He specifically said to keep an eye on that one so that 'could' be one to watch;
I'm going to cry when this doesn't happen
thejackhammer
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by thejackhammer »

fmgod wrote:
Nope, a basically retired Defoe is averaging a better goal per game ratio than Morelos. Dembele was the one to go for from the Scotish leagues but he went last year
This isn't true.

Defoe 8 in 16
Morelos 17 in 29.

4 red cards this season compared to 0 last season doesn't speak volumes for Gerrard's discipline.
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham
Has liked: 236 likes
Total likes: 2575 likes

Post by Burnley Hammer »

Patito wrote: I'm going to cry when this doesn't happen
He certainly looks like the type of player we're crying out for
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham

Post by Burnley Hammer »

funky chicken wrote:On Ex's show it was pretty much the same targets. But a few new targets were mentioned:

- Willy Caballero as the short term new back-up Keeper should he leave Chelsea on a free this summer;

- Aaron Mooy another midfileder being looked at.
Wouldn't Caballero have a high wage? Seems a waste of resources for a backup keeper.

I'd rather have Mooy than Shelvey.

We probably have lists of several players for each position we want to fill, and those lists may change should a player suddenly become available. As for Lanzini... I've made my feelings fairly clear about him recently. Decent player but if he wants to leave, he's a player we could sell without it having much significant negative impact. I'd trust Pellegrini to fill the position with someone equally suitable to the role. He may be having thoughts about his no longer guaranteed position in the first team. Wilshere will be a threat next season if he stays fit, and we've been linked to various other attacking players too.

Pellegrini has had his most creative players out injured for much of the season... he won't want that to happen again next season. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see another attacking midfielder come in.
Marky
Has liked: 54 likes
Total likes: 182 likes

Post by Marky »

Never seen him play is Kessie any good ? Is he affordable fir us?

Really don’t want Mitrovic.
Burnley Hammer

Post by Burnley Hammer »

Marky wrote:Never seen him play is Kessie any good ? Is he affordable fir us?

Really don’t want Mitrovic.
Energetic, physically powerful box to box player. Capable of carrying the ball upfield at pace like Kouyate used to do - difference being that Kessie has a better footballing brain and more likely to do something useful at the end of it all. I think he'd make a huge difference to our midfield.
S-H
Has liked: 5737 likes
Total likes: 9654 likes

Post by S-H »

A big Yessie for Kessie.

Just what we need,
This Fish
Has liked: 9 likes
Total likes: 43 likes

Post by This Fish »

Roby wrote:Now West Brom are knocked out of the Play Offs we should put an early bid in for Rondon.

They won’t want his wages on their books now they will be looking at cutting costs as all clubs do after they don’t get promoted at the first attempt.

Mitrovic will be too expensive and Newcastle had a deal lined up for Rondon after his initial loan spell for £16.5m - with Rafa’s future up in the air we should match that and see who he wants to join.

Manuel has previously managed him at Malaga.
We should have spent £16m on him last summer. That fee is a drop in the ocean these days and his value to us is clear. If Benitez stays (big if), I reckon Rondon would be snapped up sharpish. Not sure if we can still activate that £16m option or, as the loan has ended, we'd have to pay whatever they're demanding. Big frustration is that had we simply bought Rondon in the summer, we could have done a straight swap for Gayle who, once again scored a hatful in the second tier.

If the £16m release clause is no longer available to us, and West Brom demand £20m+ I'd be surprised if Ashley would sanction the move. And if you were to match whatever we offer, you will be able to pay the big lad more wages than we can. Lump on the London factor, the greater likelihood of actually competing for a cup and it'd be pretty obvious who Rondon would choose.

Would you actually want Mitrovic if his fee was reasonable?
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 258 likes
Total likes: 1161 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

hammerman11 wrote:depends how much they want for marega. Gomez is first choice and then if hopefully perez and Hernandez go we will need another one in. marega or rondon. depends on price but both are 28 with rondon tested at this level and pelle has worked with him. my vote goes for him

so Gomez and rondon in for 45m
carroll perez and Hernandez out for around 15m

arnie Gomez rondon would give us great options with silva and Antonio also able to play up top.

any news on the def midfielder we have needed for years !
The price is right. 8-) Having failed to secure promotion, WBA will have to honour his £16.5m buy out clause, so come on down
funky chicken
Has liked: 322 likes
Total likes: 1225 likes

Post by funky chicken »

Out of all the midfielders linked that Kessie definitely ticks the most boxes in terms of the midfield partner for Rice we are crying out for.

Go get him Pellers! :thup:
Knighter10WHU
Has liked: 153 likes
Total likes: 194 likes

Post by Knighter10WHU »

Hammerguy wrote:
To be fair 4 were out on loan last year (None included in your list either)
3 were out of contract anyway (None included in your list either)
1 was injured all of last season (Not included in your list)
Obiang and atleast one strikers are expected to leave (Not included in your list)
Meaning 14 of the outs 10 are are expected to leave and 8 had little influence on last season

Remaining
Ogbonna -> if we bring in another CB , then we have Rice to cover in an emergency, how many game will a fourth choice cb play
Snodgrass -> As explained this would be recouping fund
Hernandez/Perez-> Both want to leave
Masuaku -> He can't defend, for the last 2 years we have needed a proper left back, how many points has it cost us

In regards to in 7 is only 1 more than the expected 6 that has been reported, with the goalkeeper being a fringe signing.
Making the squad a little bit smaller and more flexible, reduces our high wage bill but allows youngsters a chance to prosper
Sorry, I missed this response yesterday! I just think we should really be keeping Ogbonna, Snodgrass, one of Hernandez/Perez and Masuaku and then bringing in 4 or 5 players as a maximum. Agree that the squad needs to be smaller but more flexible though.

Last season was the summer of overhaul we don't need that much improvement on this season to push for 7th.
hammerman11
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 745 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

kessie is the man then ?
Knighter10WHU
Has liked: 153 likes
Total likes: 194 likes

Post by Knighter10WHU »

I've seen Kessie play live when I watched Milan v Sampdoria back in October. He's clearly a very gifted and talented player who is extremely athletic and can drive a game forward from deep. Having said that my overriding impression of Kessie was that he is very very raw and prone to mistakes which would almost certainly lead to conceding goals from stupid positions. Don't expect him to bust a gut to get back and defend if he is caught out higher up the pitch either.

Not sure how realistic it is that we can sign him either if he is playing CM for Milan at the age of 22.
Burnley Hammer

Post by Burnley Hammer »

So .... in summary, does this cover everyone we've been linked with already? And the window isn't even open yet!

Goalkeepers (no longer relevant)
Willy Caballero (free)
Bartłomiej Drągowski
Tom Heaton
David Martin

Central Defenders
Guillermo Maripan
Harold Moukoudi
Jamal Lascelles
Diego Llorente
Nicolás Otamendi
Ozan Kabak

Full Backs
Koutris
Valencia (free)
Andre Almeida
Kaldarim

Central Midfielders
Aaron Mooy
Franck Kessie
Gary Medel
Dani Ceballos
Gustavo Cuellar
Hector Herrera (free)
Jonjo Shelvey
Dorukhan Toköz
Gueye
Isaac Hayden
Okay Yokuslu
Yann M'Vila
Camarasa
Morgan Sanson
Joan Jordan
Stanislav Lobotka

Attacking Midfielders/Wingers
Jack Grealish
Yacine Brahimi (free)
Andre Schurrle
Jared Bowen
Ollie Watkins
Hakan Calhanoglu
Bradley Dack
Dani Olmo
Steven Zuber
Alexis Claude-Maurice
Pablo Fornals
Costas Fortounis

Forwards
Gomez
Mitrovic
Marega
Rondon
Balotelli (Age 28 - free)
Florian Ayé (Age 22 - Clermont Foot)
David Okereke (Age 21 - Spezia)
Max Kruse (Age 31 - free)
Wesley Moraes
Che Adams (Age 22)
Neal Maupay
Sebastian Haller
Wout Weghorst
Last edited by Burnley Hammer on Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:55 am, edited 15 times in total.
fmgod
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 134 likes

Post by fmgod »

Kessie's decision making will drive people insane
Patito

Post by Patito »

hammerman11 wrote:kessie is the man then ?
Get him on the list!
Patito

Post by Patito »

fmgod wrote:Kessie's decision making will drive people insane
I've never seen it has much of an issue with him but at 22 it's something that will be improved IMHO. :thup: