The summer transfer window 2019 thread

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Universidad-de-Chile
Location: "(We, the small people, protest) Untill DIGNITY will became usual"

Re: The summer transfer window 2019 thread

Post by Universidad-de-Chile »

Patito wrote:
Off topic, but, funny thing how far has come in his career Musacchio.

I still remember him signed by Villareal for peanuts.

Apropo Villareal too... remind me somehow the great defender there Gonzalo Rodríguez.

Worked with Pelle, and the last time played in Fiorentina.

Wanted him and Germán Pezzella all the time in a West Ham shirt...

Cheers mate & a good weekend!
Guillermo Franco???

Really?

I found him very, very average...

And there were others, far more better players in Villareal.

Sorin, Cani (spanish MF), Capdevilla, Senna, etc...

By the way, for the people that dcaont see your point with Kessey, you can always bring to lunch the fall of another, maybe one of the greatest AC Milan players ever: Kaká.

A great one, that really did not work on a Madrid shirt.

So, thats why my ultimative ultra mega supra archi rule in all on about Football, and the bible for me is:

"There is no really bad or good players at the end at all. Only the ones who do work or not in a special or determinated club and are usefull to it. Everything elses, its just fans folk tales, or a matter about taste or football opinions"

Stay fresh! :)
Last edited by Universidad-de-Chile on Fri May 17, 2019 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Albie Beck
Has liked: 627 likes
Total likes: 654 likes

Post by Albie Beck »

Monkeybubbles wrote:Mate, this comes from an affectionate place, but how have you got any ****ing clue what's on Pelligrini's wishlist?
Burnley Hammer wrote:If I told you, I'd have to kill you.
Burnley, if I gave you a couple of names to tell... :wink:
Universidad-de-Chile

hamagram wrote:UDC ..Whats your view on Gabigol..? Back to his best ? Worth the 18mil Inter are rumoured to be asking, or too big a risk?
I get to a few turkish league and cup games each season
If the club could look beyond Istanbul, theres a couple of gems at Trabsonspor
Yusuf Yazici (22) box to box midfielder and Abdul Uman (19) think right sided Anderson
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
25mil would probably be enough to get them both.
Hi!

The first thing is, that I found Gabigol very inconsistent, whats the matter of many young players coming out everywhere (maybe with the exception of the likes of Rice)

And, for me, hes more the creative MF that goes forward and get goals, Attacking forward, than a really 9 striker.

But, hes now in Flamengo on loan from Inter, played only 2-3 games as the season has only already started there and hes looking good so far.

And, about the turkey market... yeah, its an intehresting one, as their prices are more affordable, and turkey players are very good, too, imo. In the Bundesliga they know and do care about it far more better than in England. But not only this, is also a good platform beginners place for some southamericans and chilean players, that have been newly landed in "Europe". Some just dont know and think its a place for +30 players, and thats a bit odd and uninformed.
stu1
Has liked: 669 likes
Total likes: 1037 likes

Post by stu1 »

I don’t see Lanzini as being a viable sale.

If we were to sell him it would be at a cut price due to his injury layoff, which makes no sense if the whole reason for selling him is to raise funds.

It’s just a non starter.

He’s also been pretty poor since returning, i’m far more concerned about him rediscovering some form ahead of next season.
Universidad-de-Chile

Burnley Hammer wrote:
Speaking of stats... I used to use the Squawka website as it had a larger selection of stats and allowed you to choose between totals, per game, or per 90 mins. Can't seem to get it to work properly nowadays when I go to the player comparison matrix thing.
Good site Squawka.. :thup:
Beavis Danzig
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 776 likes

Post by Beavis Danzig »

not a single player we've been linked with who i'd have over lanzini.

i'd sooner take £5m for arnie than i would £30m for manu,
Gsbgsb
Has liked: 318 likes
Total likes: 747 likes

Post by Gsbgsb »

Given we are likely to play 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 and people list the likes of Anderson and Yarmolenko who would play wide in either system as midfielders 10 or so seems the right number.

25 man squad suggests 2/3 keepers, 8/9 defenders 10 midfielders and 3 strikers. With only one through the middle what we do not need is more than 3 “pure strikers”competing for 1 place. Obviously move to a 4-4-2 permanently and the maths might change.

We have a couple of current free passes on the squad as neither Rice or Diangana should count so I see no issue with also keeping Noble, Snodgrass, Antonio, Sanchez, Wilshere, Anderson, Yarmolenko, Lanzini. Allow Obiang and Nasri to leave and presuming budget allows replace them.

As time passes - contracts expire especially - Rice replaces Sanchez in the squad with Diangana taking Snodgrass place if he is deemed worthy. Evolution not revolution if possible.
lmb oneday
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by lmb oneday »

sun reporting Andy Carroll being considered for a new deal - a pay as you play, still think he has a lot to offer (if fit) coming off the bench ,
Longaz
Has liked: 1388 likes
Total likes: 24 likes

Post by Longaz »

Selling Lanzini would be mad, he hasn't hit top form since his injury but I wouldn't have expected him to. Only played 8 matches after an 8 month injury. Came back into a team with a new manager, new players and new tactics. He got a goal and an assist as well as a good performance against Southampton in the last 3 games so things were improving.
Middlesbrough Hammer

Post by Middlesbrough Hammer »

lmb oneday wrote:sun reporting Andy Carroll being considered for a new deal - a pay as you play, still think he has a lot to offer (if fit) coming off the bench ,
Please don't be true! Thought we would finally be moving on from blindly hoping AC can suddenly stay fit after years of wasting a place in our squad.
S-H
Has liked: 5736 likes
Total likes: 9646 likes

Post by S-H »

lmb oneday wrote:sun reporting Andy Carroll being considered for a new deal - a pay as you play, still think he has a lot to offer (if fit) coming off the bench ,
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 855 likes
Total likes: 2020 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

Universidad-de-Chile wrote:
Guillermo Franco???

Really?

I found him very, very average...
A proper footballer - if only we'd signed him when he was 3-5 years younger.

Great player to watch.
S-H

Post by S-H »

I loved Guillermo Franco.
fmgod
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 134 likes

Post by fmgod »

Franco was a brilliant footballer, not sure he was that effective though.
Turns to Stone
Has liked: 233 likes
Total likes: 1507 likes

Post by Turns to Stone »

What wasn't there to love about Franco. The Action Man face, the all-action performances, the fact that he always teased having a mullet without really having one...like a sort of 'business mullet'.

We could do a hell of a lot worse than a 30 year-old Guillermo Franco right now. Is there such a thing?

As for Lanzini, I've got a sneaky feeling that if he, Anderson and Arnautovic click then we could be in for a really, really fun season. Lanzini is the sort of player you buy a ticket for.
S-H

Post by S-H »

He was brilliant in that 5-3 win against Burnley. The most West Ham of victories where after going 5-0 up we were almost hanging on in the end..

I will always remember that game, my mate had the shits and missed every one of our goals.

Sloop John B
The voice of reason
Has liked: 242 likes
Total likes: 477 likes

Post by Sloop John B »

Cuenca 'ammer wrote:we have 11 midfield players.

Antonio, Yarmolenko, Rice, Noble, Sanchez, Anderson, Snoddy, Wilshere, Nasri, Obiang and we can chuck in Diagana.

expect Nasri to leave. even if we let Obiang go and replace him with a BBM, we still would have 10

far too many.
Not really...when we play 5 "midfielders" per game and we should really be looking to have 2ish players per position and then you throw Jack Wilshere in the mix.

10-12 "midfielders" in th esquad for the formation the manager plays is about right.
hammerman11
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 745 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

noble sanchez and Snodgrass 32 or more so will need to be phased out over next season . nasri is gone and wulshere will be missing most of the season. diagana needs to go on loan. so we do need more in midfield to compete for once.

DM HAYDEN AND CAM CEBALLOS WOULD DO THE TRICK
Turns to Stone
Has liked: 233 likes
Total likes: 1507 likes

Post by Turns to Stone »

Sorry if this makes me sound old/stupid but what’s a CAM?
Patito

Post by Patito »

Turns to Stone wrote:Sorry if this makes me sound old/stupid but what’s a CAM?
Central Attacking Midfielder.

Someone who's too attack-minded to play as a proper centre mid but it's quite a trequarista/striker. Sigurdsson/Maddison for example.