The summer transfer window 2019 thread

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: The summer transfer window 2019 thread

Postby Aceface on Thu May 16, 2019 2:15 pm

Consecutive stories on everyone's fave site: West Ham demand top 7 finish next term, followed by story about £30m transfer budget.

No further comment required.
Aceface

Postby funky chicken on Thu May 16, 2019 2:17 pm

Marky wrote:Who to? I can only think maybe Brighton ? I just don’t know who would want him

Burnley maybe if they need a new leftback? Aston Villa if they get promoted?
funky chicken

Postby Puff Daddy on Thu May 16, 2019 2:18 pm

psychoscoredthelot wrote:

do you live near the airport ?

Well, yeah, funnilly enough, I do, well, not that far from one anyhow. So, yeah, I can see him leaving on a jet plane, never to come back again.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton

Postby sanchoz on Thu May 16, 2019 2:27 pm

Division 1 talent is tested by the Premier League club: "Giant Gadget

A chance that many talents dream of is to get off on a test game with a foreign big club. This chance, Rynninges 17-year-old Viktor Hallin has now received. Next week he is tested by PL club West Ham.
- There will be a lot of fun, I'm very happy, says Hallin to NA .

Örebro Club Rynninge has had a tough start to the season and is currently in a bottom line in Division 1 Northern.

But a player who stuck out, despite being limited in playing time, is the club's young talent Viktor Hallin. The 17-year-old got a-team contract this winter and has now got a chance that many people dream of. On Sunday, he goes to London to train with West Ham's b team next week.

- I talked to them the days after they were here, and they said they liked my ability to push the ball forward in speed, and to get to the finish quickly. That's what they saw immediately as they got stuck, Hallin says to NA.

The training coach Stellan Carlsson predicts a great future for the promise.

- This is super cool for young players, or any player. It is like this you always wanted to do yourself. It is super cool that he gets the chance, and fun for the club that it is a Rynninge player. As a person, Viktor is a very serious and ambitious football player, and a kind guy. Then it's always extra fun, when there are humble people who get the chance, says Carlsson to NA.

A player with excellence.

- Relatively small, but quick and good. He has made great progress and has been with training for a while with the a-team. He had some injury problems last year, and has not really got the chance yet but he will get it. If he remains in Örebro, people will know who he is in the near future.

http://www.fotbolldirekt.se/2019/05/15/ ... ttetaggad/
sanchoz

Location: Founder of the Carlton Cole Fan Club - Rainham & Guildford Branch

Postby sanchoz on Thu May 16, 2019 2:29 pm

Ag. Edimilson to VN: "Soon to talk about the future, with Montella there is an excellent relationship"

The knot tied to the future in purple by Edimilson Fernandes keeps the bank at home in Fiorentina ( CLICK HERE ), and to try to shed more light, Violanews has exclusively contacted the boy's attorney, Franco Moretti , to learn more:

Mr. Moretti, the season is ending, what can we expect for Edimilson's future?

"The boy is very happy with his experience with Fiorentina, he found himself very well, and is very happy to be in Italy. It is still early to talk about the future, also because Edimilson is completely focused on the season finale, as two very important races are still waiting for him. At the end of the championship we will meet with the company and the coach and we will talk about the boy's future, trying to take the best route for everyone. With the new coach Montella there was immediately a good relationship, the boy is very happy ".

http://www.violanews.com/esclusive/ag-e ... -rapporto/
sanchoz

Location: Founder of the Carlton Cole Fan Club - Rainham & Guildford Branch

Postby Danny's Dyer Acting on Thu May 16, 2019 2:44 pm

sanchoz wrote:Ag. Edimilson to VN: "Soon to talk about the future, with Montella there is an excellent relationship"

Looking through their signings over the last 5 years or so, can probably expect them to be paying £7/8m for him at most. They've paid as much as £13m for the likes of Mario Suarez and Giovann Simeone but they probably came in with bigger reputations than Fernandes.

Given the players he's going to be behind (Rice, Noble, Wilshere, any new signing) feels like one that can be dragged out to see where other deals end up.
Danny's Dyer Acting

Postby Patito on Thu May 16, 2019 2:49 pm

YorksHammer wrote:How many people are getting excited about Kessie because of who he's been linked with in the past, and how many because they've seen him play recently? He's been dire at Milan.

I used to live in Bergamo and saw a lot of him at Atalanta. He burst onto the scene as a teenager, this guy is a serious talent. He has also been far from 'dire' at Milan, have you actually seen him play? Or did you just trawl through an English-speaking Milan forum where no one is good enough for their club?

YorksHammer wrote:Few on their praising him - to be honest, reads a bit like the Noble thread on here at times.

The above says it all mate. Have a read through that forum, full of morons, much like Inter's English speaking one "Forza Inter". Full of kids whose understanding of football is based on FIFA and Football Manager.
Patito

Postby funky chicken on Thu May 16, 2019 2:54 pm

Another thing is just because Kessie isn't god enough for them AC Milan doesn't mean he's not good enough for a club our level. :thup:

How many of our players would walk into AC Milan's starting 11?
funky chicken

Postby wigwig on Thu May 16, 2019 3:00 pm

Arnie, Anderson, Rice, Diop?
wigwig

Postby HammerAl on Thu May 16, 2019 3:17 pm

Is Kessie only on loan at Milan?

Also is it pronounced Kessy or Kesseyay?
HammerAl

Postby Patito on Thu May 16, 2019 3:24 pm

HammerAl wrote:
Also is it pronounced Kessy or Kesseyay?

Kess-ee-eh :thup:
Patito

Postby Patito on Thu May 16, 2019 3:26 pm

wigwig wrote:Arnie, Anderson, Rice, Diop?

Arnie wouldn't get in above Piatek.
Anderson, definitely would get in.
Rice, possibly.
Diop, probably not above Romagnoli/Musacchio.
Patito

Postby hammerman11 on Thu May 16, 2019 3:29 pm

have we signed anyone yet ?

get rondon and hayden in early doors
hammerman11

Postby WestHamIFC on Thu May 16, 2019 3:29 pm

HammerMan2004 wrote:Edimilson Fernandes' agent says he wants to stay in Fiorentina. Apparently, they have an option to make the deal permanent for £7m.

Knighter10WHU wrote:Don't blame him, he's playing regularly over there whereas we won't take the chance and let him play alongside Rice in our first 11. How many people have been on this thread asking for a young centre midfielder who is athletic and can get around the pitch to sit with Rice? We already have 1 on our books IMO he's just never been given a chance to show it.

:lol: The kid's had loadsa chances!!

Miles too lightweight for the Prem, who often went hiding - not good enough. I'll be glad to get the £7m and get him off the wage bill.

Get a proper strong, athletic, box-to-box midfield general instead please!
WestHamIFC

Postby Monkeybubbles on Thu May 16, 2019 3:30 pm

Burnley Hammer wrote:Some of these players on Pellegrinis wishlist........

Mate, this comes from an affectionate place, but how have you got any ****ing clue what's on Pelligrini's wishlist?
Monkeybubbles

Postby hammerman11 on Thu May 16, 2019 3:42 pm

Thought he was ok to be fair a couple of games. even played fullback for us I seem to remember but to fund the pelle revolution we will need funds and out of all our players there are not many who will command fees. Fernandez is one though so need to sell. we need the strong athletic kouyate type but with a football brain.

Fernandez 10m
Hernandez 10m
oxford 3m
hughill 5m
perez 5m
cresswell 10m
cullen 3m
obiang 10m
this lot should bring in around 56m
plus 30m transfer fund gives us around 86m to play with.
5/6 players needed though

going to be tight
hammerman11

Postby YorksHammer on Thu May 16, 2019 3:45 pm

Patito wrote:I used to live in Bergamo and saw a lot of him at Atalanta. He burst onto the scene as a teenager, this guy is a serious talent. He has also been far from 'dire' at Milan, have you actually seen him play? Or did you just trawl through an English-speaking Milan forum where no one is good enough for their club?

Yeah, caught him a few times this season - as I said, my view of him is pretty much in line (maybe a bit less forceful) with those comments. Seems a bit of a headless chicken at times, positionally and with regards to awareness of his teammates, running into/down blind allies, trying shots when a cross is clearly the better option, passes going astray.

Possible I've just missed his good/great performances this season as I'm not sat down watching AC Milan every week, admittedly, but the three performances that do spring to mind are against Torino recently, the Milan derby in March, and I think Juve last winter - he was poor in them all. And I mean noticeably poor, to the point where it's still in mind.

Still, only 22 (I would have sworn he was 25+ by now!) so with a bit of coaching maybe he could come good (in my estimation) for us. I fear him being like a marginally better Kouyate, though - in fact all the points I dislike about Kessie are the ones I disliked about Kouyate when we had him.

funky chicken wrote:Another thing is just because Kessie isn't god enough for them AC Milan doesn't mean he's not good enough for a club our level. :thup:

How many of our players would walk into AC Milan's starting 11?

That's true, but the things I've noticed and don't like about him are things like technique, awareness, alertness, concentration - these aren't things that don't make you not good enough for one team.

As I said, I think we need something else in central midfielder - intelligence and foot speed, as opposed to strength and physical pace. I'm not convinced Kessie is the right player for us.
Last edited by YorksHammer on Thu May 16, 2019 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YorksHammer

Postby Patito on Thu May 16, 2019 3:47 pm

I respect your opinion Yorks, for me he's miles ahead of Kouyate technically and mentally too. A lot of quality players struggle to shine at Milan atm, something isn't right at that club still, similar to Man Utd over here.
Patito

Postby YorksHammer on Thu May 16, 2019 3:52 pm

:thup: Cheers Patito, and same from me to you - happy to agree to disagree.

On a related point, are Milan still struggling with FFP compliance, even with the new owners in charge? Might be that they need to shed a few players in the summer, so could lend some credibility to the rumours.
YorksHammer

Postby Burnley Hammer on Thu May 16, 2019 3:53 pm

Monkeybubbles wrote:Mate, this comes from an affectionate place, but how have you got any ****ing clue what's on Pelligrini's wishlist?

If I told you, I'd have to kill you.
Burnley Hammer

Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion