Are WHUFC right to ban kumb.com?

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Are WHUFC right to remove KUMB.com's access to post match press conferences?

Poll ended at Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:01 pm

Yes
5%
No
91%
Undecided
4%

Total votes: 406

Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 744 likes
Total likes: 3444 likes

Are WHUFC right to ban kumb.com?

Post by Up the Junction »

bobby0303
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 26 likes

Post by bobby0303 »

:lol:

I think you already know the answer to this one
vladikavkaz
Has liked: 1 like

Post by vladikavkaz »

I see 'the insider' has voted :wink:
k-r-c
Has liked: 28 likes
Total likes: 211 likes

Post by k-r-c »

Surely this poll which just show how many people who work for West Ham post on here....1 so far :lol:
WCpete
Has liked: 1405 likes
Total likes: 3071 likes

Post by WCpete »

From Journo's post:
“I cant help this feeling when I go to West Ham matches and meet former players, like Trevor Brooking and Billy Bonds, they are bonafied saints amongst the West Ham faithful,” says Gudmundsson who cant speak enough of the clubs supporters.

“Our supporters are unstoppable. They support their club no matter what. To hear them sing, scream and spur their team on sends shivers down my spine. The athmosphere is electric.”

“You dont understand how much it means to us to have the supporters on our side.”

Apparently, it is he who does not understand if he's complicit in shutting out one of the main veins to the club's heart ( apoor metaphor, but you get what I'm saying).
WebmasterFF
Has liked: 30 likes
Total likes: 152 likes

Post by WebmasterFF »

Last year they banned OLAS from interviewing players and now this for KUMB. It looks like WHU are trying to restrict all unauthorised reporting of West Ham, no doubt to try to make the home site worth reading more and so to boost profits of WHUTV.
We're a full blown business now, so don't expect any niceties in the future
Last edited by WebmasterFF on Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
smuts
Has liked: 1500 likes
Total likes: 1440 likes

Post by smuts »

Okay, so who are the three people who said yes?

Eggy, Bjorg and the Press girl? :lol:
FloridaHammer

Post by FloridaHammer »

I think the club have a right to control attendance but they should try to make allowances for established organizations like KUMB.
WCpete
Has liked: 1405 likes
Total likes: 3071 likes

Post by WCpete »

FloridaHammer wrote:I think the club have a right to control attendance but they should try to make allowances for established organizations like KUMB.
Agreed. They have the right. But I dn't think it was the right thing to do.
Bobby Orangeboom

Post by Bobby Orangeboom »

I just think an uncanny mistake that on the day they decide to do it, that Icelandic Interview comes out sating what it says about the Fans !! :?

It pains me to say it but it actually stinks of the previous Regime & the Brown era !!
Gabers

Post by Gabers »

Whats the possibility that someone at the club may have read an off the cuff comment from a poster on this site took offense and has used their little Hitler ability to impose this ban?

I think its b*ll*x and thats my professional opinion! Kumb.com should be reinstated asap

Maybe the truth doesnt sit well with the Sunday rags but its what I want to hear!!!
The Bob

Post by The Bob »

I'm undecided. I don't know the all the facts.
chigwells finest
Location: crying with family/crying with strangers & just crying tbh
Has liked: 393 likes
Total likes: 158 likes

Post by chigwells finest »

i voted to ban us

and milk, bread eggs etc

plus tv and most school literature

THE BIBLES ok though ( old testament ) of course
Chicken Runner

Post by Chicken Runner »

Brown haters have humble on the table me thinks (awaits shitstorm abuse as it was deliberately provocative)
w4hammer
Location: ..my heart says... West Ham.. my head says ...West Ham
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by w4hammer »

the old adage, keep your freinds close, and your enemies even closer comes to mind...clearly the Press dept doesnt subscribe to that.

who gets to gain and who loses?!....personally, I dont know what the fuss about the OLAS interviews are, they either fall into the " yeah , well, the boys knew it was going to be a tough game, and we stuck in there' " we're going through a bit of a rough patch.." " ive been waiting for the chance to play and then ive come in and felt my hamstring go ..." really, they might help sell the mag, but they are hardly enlightening, are they.

As for KUMB, well I think bide your time, now you are on the outside, you can investigate all sorts of wrong doings and say what you want - fuk 'em.!

and it firmly nails the new regimes colours to the mast, say one thing, do another...plus ca change hey...!
Countryboy

Post by Countryboy »

WCpete wrote:From Journo's post:
“I cant help this feeling when I go to West Ham matches and meet former players, like Trevor Brooking and Billy Bonds, they are bonafied saints amongst the West Ham faithful,” says Gudmundsson who cant speak enough of the clubs supporters.

“Our supporters are unstoppable. They support their club no matter what. To hear them sing, scream and spur their team on sends shivers down my spine. The athmosphere is electric.”

“You dont understand how much it means to us to have the supporters on our side.”

Apparently, it is he who does not understand if he's complicit in shutting out one of the main veins to the club's heart ( apoor metaphor, but you get what I'm saying).
I do get what you're saying and - as a professional journalist for the past 25 years - completely agree. This is an appalling, foot-shooting decision by the club. Antagonizing and excluding major fanzines and fansites is a completely crazy way of getting, er ... fans on your side.

Out of curiosity, UTJ, what excuse have they given? (Let me hazard one guess: they have to limit numbers for health'n'safety and/or security reasons ...)
Harveys_HammersLH
Billy no tag

Post by Harveys_HammersLH »

I knew someone would have a pop and Eggy and Gudmundsson.

Do you really think this was a decision that they made? Come to think of it do you even think that this was a decision that Duxbury made?

Eggy has given an interview to KUMB as has Curbs.
Norridge

Post by Norridge »

Countryboy wrote:
Out of curiosity, UTJ, what excuse have they given? (Let me hazard one guess: they have to limit numbers for health'n'safety and/or security reasons ...)
http://www.kumb.com/news.php

There you go mate.
alf git
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 1565 likes

Post by alf git »

So this topic has had over 1200 viewings and only 150 odd members can be bothered voting. :thdn: :twisted:
RM9

Post by RM9 »

Of course it's down to Eggy, Duxbury and / or the Banker.

KUMB having access to the conferences was a great way for the real fans of the club and readers of this site to know what was said, not edited ***** in NOTW. It's also a good thing for the overseas fans. Last year I was based in the states and mainly used KUMB and some tiddly wink site to watch and read about the hammers.

Someone at Executive level has made this decision, not some media officer scrote.

Sort it out Banker :twisted: