Are WHUFC right to ban kumb.com?

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Are WHUFC right to remove KUMB.com's access to post match press conferences?

Poll ended at Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:01 pm

Yes
5%
No
91%
Undecided
4%

Total votes: 406

TEACHER
Location: I suppose if you're going to execute a bird of prey, the most humane way is death by firing squad.

Re: Are WHUFC right to ban kumb.com?

Post by TEACHER »

Up the Junction wrote: Last I heard she was back at work having been (quietly) reinstated.
She walked past me yesterday when I was waiting outside of the shop. I would... :twisted:
GeorgeParris'Pet

Post by GeorgeParris'Pet »

Didn't they do a similar thing to guys from OLAS about 5-10 years back?

Must have been a while ago as I haven't bought it for years.
Medoc
Location: On the phone trying to get a ticket (can't afford a season ticket).
Has liked: 4 likes

Post by Medoc »

It would seem to me that KUMB ought to be at press conferences from both the club's point of view and the point of view of both the fans of of KUMB itself. Getting a report first hand cannot be beaten in terms of good journalism. Because it comes from the club doesn't mean we have to swallow it hook line and sinker - it is for the journalist to scutinise it. The probleme is you can't scrutinise it if you haven't got it! From the clubs viewpoint they need to work on their communications - particularly in these 'challenging' times.

Having said all of the above we are not going to get very far in repairing relationships given the kind of comments that have been made about Miranda Nagalingam in the last few pages.

If we eant to be treated responibly we perhaps need to behave responsibly.

...waits for abuse...
Trap1
Total likes: 23 likes

Post by Trap1 »

Up the Junction wrote:Anniversary time ... it's a year this Wednesday since KUMB were first banned from attending post-match press conferences at the Boleyn Ground by Miranda Nagalingam.
Shows how much I know, I thought she was still suspended!!

In fact i thought there was little chance of her returning only because of the feeling she was being 'pushed' out.

Yet more evidence to suggest the club is in a state of turmoil behind the scenes..

Out of interest UTJ do other PL clubs allow fan website/fanzines in and were KUMB the only ones?
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 748 likes
Total likes: 3446 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

Trap1 wrote:Out of interest UTJ do other PL clubs allow fan website/fanzines in and were KUMB the only ones?
Since OLAS were thrown out by Ms.Nagalingam too, yes we were. I don't know if other clubs allow independent websites access.

I have spoken at length with the Premier League about this, they cannot sanction our return although the final decision is indeed the club's. The pre-match conferences don't come under the league's jurisdiction and we are therefore not subject to the same issues; our main problem there is that the (pre match) conferences normally take place on a Thursday morning (for a Saturday game) and those of us at KUMB are usually working!

For anyone wishing to read the background to this who may have missed it a year ago, here's a great article by Mr Thrower:

http://www.kumb.com/story.php?id=122835" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Gnome
Quite eloquent for a garden ornament
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 45 likes

Post by Gnome »

Trap1 wrote:Shows how much I know, I thought she was still suspended!!

That may be the case.

I believe UTJ may be basing his comment on the fact that I did see her at the ground coming out of the press entrance to the DMU a couple of months ago - complete with photo ID around her neck suggesting that she was working. However I haven't seen her at the ground since then. I am allowed into the press room pre-match to pick up teamsheets and I haven't seen her in there since the suspension.
sanchoz
Location: Founder of the Carlton Cole Fan Club - Rainham & Guildford Branch
Total likes: 11 likes

Post by sanchoz »

When I was dealing with the press office over the last couple of months it has only been with Laura Burkin so I assumed she was still suspended
richneal
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia. 5,000 miles from goal.
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 12 likes

Post by richneal »

UTJ, you'll obviously have some insight on this, but from the last year's worth of articles and postings I've looked at, KUMB doesn't appear to be missing too much after being banned, does it?

From my perspective, all the ban has done is alienate me from the club to an even greater degree than before . . . Yet another instance of nose, face, cut, spite of . . .
Shminky Malinky

Post by Shminky Malinky »

GeorgeParris'Pet wrote:[
Is this the same bint that was allegedly being pumped by an ex WHU manager too?
Now who could that be? Redknapp, Roeder and Curbs don't really seam the type.

Oh yes i know

Sir Trev!

Dirty b*stard
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place

richneal wrote:UTJ, you'll obviously have some insight on this, but from the last year's worth of articles and postings I've looked at, KUMB doesn't appear to be missing too much after being banned, does it?
It's true that we can get most of the post-match press conference from other sources (when we were banned a couple of generous (journo) souls even contacted me to offer their transcripts) but the fact is that the way we used to present the interview - ie verbatim - was unique and nearly always gave one or two interesting bits of info that you wouldn't find anywhere else.

So yes, we're not missing much - but our readers might be.

Re:Miranda - I stand corrected if that is the case. I've not spoken to her colleagues at any great length since 'the sighting'.
screech
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 39 likes

Post by screech »

so with gullivan in charge nowaday's any chance of you guy's getting back in with the club for the new season???
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1905 likes
Total likes: 1614 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

Already done I think towards the end of last season..
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place

http://www.kumb.com/story.php?id=124744" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.kumb.com/story.php?id=124722" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.kumb.com/story.php?id=124720" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

etc.