Spurs could ground-share with West Ham!

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Should we loan The Boleyn Ground to Tottenham?

Poll ended at Thu Nov 15, 2007 6:20 pm

Yes
18%
No
76%
Unsure
6%

Total votes: 173

Timbloom

Post by Timbloom »

I cannot believe the emotional and with due respect, childish response from some on here about this. We are not talking about any permanent arrangement, just a temporary one, for which I assume, Spurs will have to pay us a handsome sum.
Frankly, I cannot care less about any other team. I am only interested in West Ham - in fact if it was not for that I am not sure I would be very interested in the business [ not sport anymore I'm afraid]. So anything which improves our financial position I welcome, as long as it does not hit the average fan, and I fail to understand how 30,000+ Spurs supporters coming to Upton Park 20+ times a season for upto 2 years makes any difference to us.

Image[/quote]
FloridaHammer

Post by FloridaHammer »

Over East Stand Martin's Dead Body they will
bazac

Post by bazac »

Harveys_HammersLH wrote: ESM :thup:

Won't happen anyway. Our board just wouldn't agree to it.
b*llocks. Throw enough money at the board and they'd share with Millwall and the Ian Huntley fan club.
The Rebirth
It's all about the confidence

Post by The Rebirth »

Oh yeah the Spuds will be welcome in all the boozers around UP too yeah? COYS in The Boelyn? yeah right!
The Rebirth
It's all about the confidence

Post by The Rebirth »

D&G wrote:What a 'mare sharing with West Ham would be.

I would imagine those idiots making numerous ambush attempts on fans every single match.

And can you imagine the turnout they would get when it was their away match?

Not a place I'll be taking the kids, I can see.

Even The Emirates would be safer than that, as so many of their "fans" come from outside the area.

Wouldn't be surprised to see us at Reading for smaller games.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I already know that The Spammers are licking their lips and rubbing their hands together, due to the ambush opportunity certain parts of their support will have each time we would play at Upton Park.

To be honest Upton Park is more convenient for me, possibly getting set upon isn't, however. I'm not being a wimp, but realistically you'd have to imagine there is going to be a bit of trouble. I'd rather go to The Emirates to avoid those problems. I don't see The Gooners being half as much of a problem as The Spammers. There will be people up for a fight every other week, but to be honest I'd rather go to see a game of football than have a punch up with a group of pikies.

There will need to be extra policing for sure, both around the immediate area of the ground and some way out.

Priceless :lol: :lol:
If they ground share with us? Who does that make a p****? ****ing moron...
D&G

Post by D&G »

The Rebirth wrote: If they ground share with us? Who does that make a p****? f*cking moron...
I think they are confusing us with Millwall, most seem to rather a ground share with Arsenal then us. Cant imagine why :lol:
upton o'good
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 121 likes

Post by upton o'good »

It could work quite well, if we've moved to the new West Ham stadium and they are in our cast-off. :lol: "West ham reject"...
iloveyoudailly

Post by iloveyoudailly »

My charlton mates at school have just told me this and I thought they were taking the pizzle.
EPSONHAMMER

Post by EPSONHAMMER »

the most ridiculous suggestion that i've heard with regards to any possible ground share is that the boleyn would become the spur's pub!

utter garbage.. but i think it would be funny to really screw them over by extortionately charging for lodging during the "lesser profile" 14 games of the season
mokum hammer

Post by mokum hammer »

Being as 5live ran this story for only 1 hour, & Ive yet to read about it anywhere else..................................................wind up? :shock:

Though I havent been to white $hite lane since Steve Perryman made his debut for the lillywhites :shock: , someone (a $pur$ fan) told me that redevelopment wasnt an option, & they were trying to relocate
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 143 likes

Post by cockney hammer »

Spurs eye move east

07 November 2007

WEST HAM legends Bobby Moore, Ron Greenwood and John Lyall must be spinning in their graves! Tottenham Hotspur have approached the Hammers to discuss the prospect of a temporary ground share at Upton Park! writes DAVE EVANS

In a story that sounds like it should have appeared on April 1, Spurs are looking at a two-year move to Green Street while they increase their capacity at White Hart Lane to 52,000 at a cost of £300million.

However, there is a proviso in their plan. When they have a big match, they will play at Wembley instead!

It would seem likely that if the fourth-from-bottom Spurs were to be relegated to the Championship, they may not need that Wembley option.

West Ham had tenants in the shape of Charlton Athletic for one season back in 1991, while The Valley was being renovated, but it would seem highly unlikely that the Hammers would contemplate allowing Spurs to move into Upton Park.

Hammers chief executive Scott Duxbury told the Recorder on Tuesday: "We did have a meeting with Spurs on Monday, but really they were only asking us what we thought of the possibility of a ground share.

"We said we would go away and think about it, but that is as far as it has got at the moment, I think we have a few more important things at the top of our agenda at the moment," he said.

Spurs would have to make the Hammers an astonishing offer for them to agree to this embryonic plan, and even then, the prospect of West Ham building their own new stadium in the next three years may scupper the scheme altogether.

Duxbury confirmed that negotiations for a new site are going well.

"Everything seems to be going to plan at the moment," he insisted. "We are working out a possible price for the site and we are hoping to make an announcement in the near future."

On the field, manager Alan Curbishley is still hampered at every turn by injuries to his key players.

"It's all hands to the pump," said the boss. "Hayden Mullins took another knock so we'll have to see what we've got for Saturday.

"It doesn't seem to be getting much better at the moment, perhaps after the international break it may, but at the moment it's not looking like it's going to change."
whufcspoon

Post by whufcspoon »

I wouldn't want no tottenham fan sitting in my seat thank you very much :evil:
Harveys_HammersLH
Billy no tag

Post by Harveys_HammersLH »

Hammers chief executive Scott Duxbury told the Recorder on Tuesday: "We did have a meeting with Sp*rs on Monday, but really they were only asking us what we thought of the possibility of a ground share.

"We said we would go away and think about it, but that is as far as it has got at the moment, I think we have a few more important things at the top of our agenda at the moment," he said.
Scott,

We've thought about it and the answers no. :wink:
hadleighhammer
Gentrified
Location: On my computer trying to keep up with the Sky fixture changes
Has liked: 10 likes
Total likes: 7 likes

Post by hadleighhammer »

Harveys_HammersLH wrote: Scott,

We've thought about it and the answers no. :wink:
Not up to us is it though. It's upto our lovely money-making chairman who loves us so much :lol:
BSB1

Post by BSB1 »

It should be allowed for 3 reasons.

1. Taking money of the spuds should never ever be turned down and the bragging rights are too good to miss out on. Singing "You're just a small club from West Ham" would be icing on the cake.

2. If (please god) they got relegated, reminding them by leaving messages on our seats after our home games like "good luck next week against Burnley" would be priceless.

3. When we play them and it's their home game turning up like it was our home game would have them running into the thames in terror.
East Stand Martin
Wasted on this site

Post by East Stand Martin »

cockney hammer wrote:Hammers chief executive Scott Duxbury told the Recorder on Tuesday: "We did have a meeting with Sp*rs on Monday, but really they were only asking us what we thought of the possibility of a ground share.

This is f*cking outrageous. It is tantamount to what Vichy France did during the war - collaborating with the enemy. We should not be even in the same postcode with those c*nts talking about this.

I am however, prepared to forgive this if it is a move to string 'em along, only to turn round later and give 'em the old two fingered salute.
D&G

Post by D&G »

The most one sided poll there has ever been I think :lol: 100% NO
PF.
Warsaw's Peter Stringfellow
Total likes: 416 likes

Post by PF. »

No fuckin way.

c**** would never make it out of the station.

Its like the government telling us we have no more room for immigrants, so we've gotta have a couple each to house in our living rooms.
Mark Noble
Yellow card - flaming

Post by Mark Noble »

NO WAY THEY WILL USE UPTON PARK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil:
davids cross
Uncle David
Has liked: 674 likes
Total likes: 1318 likes

Post by davids cross »

I think it would bring the fans together in a spirit of togetherness.