As it's quiet - a player poll

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Money well spent, Al:

Poll ended at Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:22 pm

Nobby Solano
15%
Henri Camara
No votes
Freddie Ljungberg
1%
Craig Bellamy
42%
Richard Wright
1%
Scott Parker
No votes
Julien Faubert
2%
Matthew Upson
8%
Kepa Blanco
No votes
Lucas Neill
26%
Nigel Quashie
3%
Calum Davenport
2%
Luis Boa Morte
1%
Kieron Dyer
No votes

Total votes: 182

IIIronss

Post by IIIronss »

Went for Lucas, mainly because he was so cheap compared to the others.

:lol: @ the LBM voter.
rare as rockinghorse shat
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by rare as rockinghorse shat »

Nobby Solano.

Cost zilch.

Would have gone for Bellamy but will have to wait to see if he becomes problematic at all.
Was a little put off by Neill's early season form but was one of the posters who commended the signing of Solano massively.
miles
This site...
Has liked: 320 likes
Total likes: 413 likes

Post by miles »

Head says Neill. Saved us last season. Heart says Solano. Players that can ****ing play football. That's what we need more of.
davids cross
Uncle David
Has liked: 669 likes
Total likes: 1291 likes

Post by davids cross »

rare as rockinghorse shat wrote:Nobby Solano.

Cost zilch.

Would have gone for Bellamy but will have to wait to see if he becomes problematic at all.
Was a little put off by Neill's early season form but was one of the posters who commended the signing of Solano massively.
I think Solano has made the quickest impression of any of the signings. He looked great straight off the bounce, no need for settling in........basically the first thing he did in a Hammers shirt was a play a one-two with Craig Gordon for a goal against Sunderland.
Harveys_HammersLH
Billy no tag

Post by Harveys_HammersLH »

One of Bellamy, Neill or Solano so far.

I've gone for Neill because for the price we got him at he's turned out to be a fantastic signing. Played a major part in keeping us up last season, was made the new club captain in the summer and after a poor start to the season recently he has been playing very well.

In time I think I could be Bellamy because he's looked fantastic when he's been fit (on a side note, does anyone know if he's back for Sunday?). Solano has looked very good since he's got in the side. His quality of passing is top class.
walt hamster

Post by walt hamster »

Top 3 of

1. Nobby... quality player who still looks to have the hunger.

2. Bellamy... has had a great impact, but i can't warm to him, altho if he keeps scoring goals I might be persuaded...

3. Lucash... fantastic end of last season but this season i'm distinctly unimpressed, no competition for his place has bred some complacency I think, hoping he returns to form soon... pref with a commanding display against the spuds.
Bobby Orangeboom

Post by Bobby Orangeboom »

Romford wrote:Lucas has been pretty naff this season though...the best he played was out of position at Derby !!

He was immense at the end of the last i will agree.

Bellers at the time i thought was a great signing and i've seen nothing to change that.

Craig for me :thup:
Before the Boro game i would have agreed but since, i think he's played well, possibly on a par with his performances at the end of last year...
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

Bobby Orangeboom wrote: Before the Boro game i would have agreed but since, i think he's played well, possibly on a par with his performances at the end of last year...
If i was an opposition manager i know exactly where i'd attack us...his positional play is that of an Aussie after 6 pints, all over the place :wink:
Bobby Orangeboom

Romford wrote: If i was an opposition manager i know exactly where i'd attack us...his positional play is that of an Aussie after 6 pints, all over the place :wink:
Sorry i meant after the Boro game, which he was appaling in after THAT friendly..

& you're right, at times he can be a little all over the shop, argues with the ****ing ref alot too which more often than not leaves him out of position..

He's gonna score on sunday though, i've been saying it for a while now & i can feel it coming on sunday... :wink:
carnage
Has liked: 84 likes
Total likes: 709 likes

Post by carnage »

Thats a bit unfair, i met a few Aussies last year in Oz who had excellent positional play after a few drinks. :wink:
hadleighhammer
Gentrified
Location: On my computer trying to keep up with the Sky fixture changes
Has liked: 10 likes
Total likes: 7 likes

Post by hadleighhammer »

Bellamy with Solano a close second.

Neill, although excellent last season, has been distinctly average at best this season
Morrad

Post by Morrad »

Head says Bellamy/Solano, heart says Faubert, was so gutted when he got his injury. I reckon when he comes back he will end up being immense for us. The reason he's such a stand-out signing for Curbishley is he's young, a good prospect on the fringe of the France squad, and Curbishley must have used some sort of scouting abroad to find him.
Arch Dandy
Total likes: 50 likes

Post by Arch Dandy »

Went for Neil, mainly based on his work of last season. I'm pretty shocked so many have gone for Solano who has played so few games and not exactly done that much for me.
hammer
Strangely fascinated with Bonehead's arse.

Post by hammer »

bellamy
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

Bobby Orangeboom wrote: Sorry i meant after the Boro game, which he was appaling in after THAT friendly..

& you're right, at times he can be a little all over the shop, argues with the ****ing ref alot too which more often than not leaves him out of position..

He's gonna score on sunday though, i've been saying it for a while now & i can feel it coming on sunday... :wink:
RARS has more chance scoring in the pub after...and that is saying something :wink:
smuts
Has liked: 1532 likes
Total likes: 1490 likes

Post by smuts »

Bellamy for me as he is behaving himself at the moment....it's too early for Solano (plus I haven't forgotten his ankle height header against Pompey) and Neill has been pretty poor all season really.....

Upson has looked good as well (despite having the turning circle of a crippled oil tanker....)

Romford wrote:
RARS has more chance scoring in the pub after...and that is saying something :wink:
I won't be in the pub afterwards, Big guy.
You'll have to give me your best lines before the game if I pop in.

Oh, and wear those strides I like :D
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

rare as rockinghorse shat wrote: I won't be in the pub afterwards, Big guy.
You'll have to give me your best lines before the game if I pop in.

Oh, and wear those strides I like :D
They don't do them in "Midgets R Us" mate :wink:

As for best lines...your Rosicky one still sticks in my mind 8-)

Romford wrote: They don't do them in "Midgets R Us" mate :wink:

As for best lines...your Rosicky one still sticks in my mind 8-)
:lol:

I tried the Rosicky story on a bird the other night.

She walked off.

Always thought it was a corking chat up line.
Bobby Orangeboom

rare as rockinghorse shat wrote:[I tried the Rosicky story on a bird the other night.

She walked off.

Always thought it was a corking chat up line.
Enlighten us then ???