As it's quiet - a player poll (part deux)

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Money down the drain, Llewellyn:

Poll ended at Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:27 pm

Nobby Solano
No votes
Henri Camara
2%
Freddie Ljungberg
17%
Craig Bellamy
4%
Richard Wright
1%
Scott Parker
13%
Julien Faubert
1%
Matthew Upson
No votes
Kepa Blanco
7%
Lucas Neill
No votes
Nigel Quashie
17%
Calum Davenport
21%
Luis Boa Morte
13%
Kieron Dyer
5%

Total votes: 109

Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

IIIronss wrote:b*llocks was it Quashie, im shocked that hes been voted for so much, he was £1.75m, thats half of Davenports price and 1/4 Parkers, who has played very litttle, and when he has played, hasnt looked great, like Dyer has.

Quashie bought fight and determination to the team and thats worth the money on its own, if the players had shown that in the first place we wouldnt have been in the mess.

People hate Quashie so much they decide he is a bigger waste of money then a £6m Faubert who we may not see play this year and most have decided he is class without ever watching him play.
He bought wayward passing, ***** control and the pace of a broken down bus...the best thing that happened was he got injured and Noble got his chance.

Faubert may turn out to be cracker although all i saw was at Dagenham and thats hardly the best place to work out. (Although this doesn't stop some from making out he's Pele)

Quashie will never be quality :thdn:
miles
This site...
Has liked: 303 likes
Total likes: 383 likes

Post by miles »

Quashie has done a damn sight more for West Ham than Freddie F. Ljungberg ever will. Free transfer in Jan please.
walt hamster

Post by walt hamster »

I was torn between Ljungberg and Boa Morte (aka rigor mortis in my family) ...

Ljungberg does appear to be a giant waste of space but I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, at least 'til he's been fit for a while, hopefully he'll turn out able to still do a job for us (pref one of a professional footballer)...

Similar reasoning discounts Parker for me, i'm till holding out hopes that he'll come good once fit.

But Boa is one of my least favourite hammers ever, his attitude when he arrived wound me up sooo much, seems to be completely disinterested the majority of the time and even if he has set up a few goals since I think he's a right Lawro so he gets my vote.

Quashie is a crap player but he was only a fraction of the cost and his arrival and the competition for places it created could be said to have got the midfield massive of last yr playing... hope not to see him again tho!

It's just bloody annoying that there are so many to choose from, not a nice way to think of where our money is being squandered...
Bobby Orangeboom

Post by Bobby Orangeboom »

Who voted for Bellamy ????

Out of all those choices, someone voted for Bellamy ??? :shock: :lol:
Arch Dandy
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 50 likes

Post by Arch Dandy »

Voted Davenport, at least Ljunberg, Parker, Dyer etc have a bit class and pedigree about them, Davenport is the rich mans Elliot Ward.
Harveys_HammersLH
Billy no tag

Post by Harveys_HammersLH »

I've just noticed a lot of you have voted for Parker or Ljungberg.

Bit harsh don't you think? They have been injured and this early on in their West Ham careerso it's going over the top to call them a 'waste of money'. Both might turn out to be excellent signings for us.

For example Upson was injured last season. He's come this season and is starting to show why Curbs brought him.

See Ljungberg has been out with strains and stuff like that so I can sort of understand people voting for him as they are not impact injuries but Parker has been out with a knee problem and that is a impact injury and one you can't really help.

For the money we payed out for him and for the amount of times he's played for us it's really got to be Davenport. I'm not saying he was a bad signing by the way because at the time we needed defenders and fast.
Last edited by Harveys_HammersLH on Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
davids cross
Uncle David
Has liked: 674 likes
Total likes: 1289 likes

Post by davids cross »

Bobby Orangeboom wrote:Who voted for Bellamy ????

Carlton Cole must be lingering on here :lol:
k-r-c
Has liked: 28 likes
Total likes: 211 likes

Post by k-r-c »

Davenport is the obvious choice and i voted for him.

Others like Ljunberg, Parker and Dyer were all in the running for my vote but took into consideration there may be a chance they will get fit plus they are good players.
k-r-c
Has liked: 28 likes
Total likes: 211 likes

Post by k-r-c »

I also notice that alot of people are voting based on injuries.

Now had this poll been made at the end of last season would everyone of been voting for Upson?

Funny how now he is fit and playing he so far hasnt had a single vote.
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 1978 likes
Total likes: 1466 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

Sometimes it depends on how you judge a "bad" signing. If its being judged on how they play when "FIT" then Davenport/Quashie are pretty even. If its how they've performed since they've been at the club fit or not and how much we paid for them then its Parker/Ljunberg IMHO. :wink:
hammerjohn

Post by hammerjohn »

Camara, even he could'nt believe that Curbs wanted him!!
Remember his look of amazement on SSN?
hadleighhammer
Gentrified
Location: On my computer trying to keep up with the Sky fixture changes
Has liked: 11 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by hadleighhammer »

Ljungberg - The wages he's on and his legs are gone. At least Parker has still got some good years ahead of him, Ljungberg is just past it from the games I've seen and as some of my more knowledgable Gooner mates said as soon as we signed him.
IIIronss

Post by IIIronss »

westham,eggyandchips wrote:Sometimes it depends on how you judge a "bad" signing. If its being judged on how they play when "FIT" then Davenport/Quashie are pretty even. If its how they've performed since they've been at the club fit or not and how much we paid for them then its Parker/Ljunberg IMHO. :wink:
Cost and injuries play a big part.
Bobby Orangeboom

Harveys_HammersLH wrote:I've just noticed a lot of you have voted for Parker or Ljungberg.

Bit harsh don't you think? They have been injured and this early on in their West Ham careerso it's going over the top to call them a 'waste of money'. Both might turn out to be excellent signings for us.

For example Upson was injured last season. He's come this season and is starting to show why Curbs brought him.

See Ljungberg has been out with strains and stuff like that so I can sort of understand people voting for him as they are not impact injuries but Parker has been out with a knee problem and that is a impact injury and one you can't really help.

For the money we payed out for him and for the amount of times he's played for us it's really got to be Davenport. I'm not saying he was a bad signing by the way because at the time we needed defenders and fast.
The question was " who's his worst signing ?? "

I based my answer ( Parker ) on the fact that he has cost an obscene amount of money for 90 mins against Plymouth & 35 mins against Arsenal...

Financially he would probably be our worst signing, Ljungberg cost 3m or more less, than he cost...

He/They might go on on to have great careers but as it stands, on the day the question has been asked, they're gonna be prime candidates to have the most votes due ot the monmey they've cost & what we've seen in return..

That's probably why the votes are as they are & are completely justified IMVHO... :wink:
Last edited by Bobby Orangeboom on Wed Nov 21, 2007 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hammer
Strangely fascinated with Bonehead's arse.

Post by hammer »

ljungberg
rare as rockinghorse shat
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by rare as rockinghorse shat »

Again I ask... didn't I read somewhere 'reputable' that Ljungberg only cost us an initial £500k?
Bobby Orangeboom

rare as rockinghorse shat wrote:Again I ask... didn't I read somewhere 'reputable' that Ljungberg only cost us an initial £500k?
How do we know, you ****ing read it !!! :lol:

First i've heard of it Mate, if so that means Parker should be waaaaaaaaaaayyyyyy in front of Ljungberg then cos he certainly didn't cost an " initial " 500k.. :wink:
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

miles wrote:Quashie has done a damn sight more for West Ham than Freddie F. Ljungberg ever will. Free transfer in Jan please.
I'm not a big Freddie fan but he has class..if we can get him fit (a big if i know)

Quashie has as much class as Matalan
rare as rockinghorse shat
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by rare as rockinghorse shat »

Bobby Orangeboom wrote: How do we know, you ****ing read it !!! :lol:

First i've heard of it Mate, if so that means Parker should be waaaaaaaaaaayyyyyy in front of Ljungberg then cos he certainly didn't cost an " initial " 500k.. :wink:
You know the endless list of ITK posts, I thought I saw a reputable ITK poster say that he cost an initial 500k.

Just wondering if I am the only one who remembers reading it? :lol:
Claretdave
Harry's estranged lovechild
Location: Congratulations you have just met the LME (Liberal Metropolitan Elite).

Post by Claretdave »

Bobby Orangeboom wrote:Who voted for Bellamy ????

I am one. I got the two polls the wrong way round. :oops: :lol:

It also explains Freddie's vote as our best signing in the other thread.

Now who was the other.