Next England Manager (non WHU)

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Who would like to see as next England manager??

Mourinho
33%
Redknapp
16%
Lippi
3%
Capello
14%
Scolari
3%
Pearce
5%
Wenger
4%
O'Neill
6%
Allardyce
1%
Coppell
2%
Hughes
1%
Klinnsman
4%
Hiddink
3%
Bilic
2%
Curbishley
5%

Total votes: 400

Norn Iron

Re: Next England Manager (non WHU)

Post by Norn Iron »

As a slightly detached observer, It does seem a bit rich worrying about the football team when you hand the entire government of England over to a Scotsman
mrchewy

That comment by Green...

Post by mrchewy »

One the SkySports site

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 23,00.html

"but in my experience this training time has been short, a lot less than at club level, with the coaching team scared of overworking players and sending them back to their clubs fatigued or injured."

Is it just me or is something intrinsically wrong with this? Everyone has been aware for an age that England managers bow down to the wishes of Fergie etc but FFS, what's it coming to to when England are training with a goalkeeper at right-back!?! No wonder our wingers look good in training and turn out shocking on the pitch!

To me it doesn't say a lot about the players desire to do there best for England... hopefully Capello will kick that desire back into them, preferably with a size 10 pointed Italian shoe

Headbanger
millsywhu

Post by millsywhu »

I dont understand peoples problem with Fabio Capello being appointed as manager. Look at his record, he is a winner! He has managed the best and built success within them!
He is strong person and will defiantly not take no crap from players. He has already said that he will pick players on form not their name and caps for the country!
No wonder why :crest: and England never win F*ck all, its because people are so downbeat about everything all the time. How do expect a team to achieve success if all the fans do is slag them down?

I did find his interview amusing though, the way he prounced the word 'HONURED'. did anyone else pick up on this? :lol:
neilbob

Post by neilbob »

I think he's exactly what England need right now. He at least has a chance to avoid the politics and pandering to the leagues big teams by virtue of being a proven winner and an outsider. His tactics will probably be quite dull, but if he can actually coach these players into becoming a team whilst helping the next generation develop fully then we have a chance to rectify some of the mistakes of the past.

I also have the feeling the gutter press will give him a fair crack of the whip based on his reputation. Which I think (unfairly) is just as important as the job he does, as it seems that ultimately the English base their opinions on what the Murdoch empire tell us is right (golden generation my arse).
Philosophical Dan
KUMB's campest cyclist
Location: 10 PRINT "Philosophical Dan is Skill! "; 20 GOTO 10

Post by Philosophical Dan »

From the Beeb "Gossip Column":

Former England captain Paul Ince, now manager at MK Dons, has stated there is "absolutely no chance" of him working under Capello as part of the new England set-up. The self-styled 'Guvnor' said: "I'm not playing second fiddle to anyone." (Daily Express)

Arrogant twat.
Bovverd

Post by Bovverd »

The problem with our England set up is the players rate themselves so highly and are now so wealthy they wouldnt consider any of the English candidates for this job worthy of the respect required.

Its been reported that the players used to laugh at and rugby tackle McClown in training. Plus what on earth could McClown ever advise Gerrard with in order to improve his game ? Why would they ever respect some former assistant manager who hasnt won or achieved anything in his career?

Capello will get them following his leadership and doesnt tolerate egos whatsoever. He wont be pressured into playing certain individuals and he will give them the kick up the arse they need.

He usually plays two holding midfielders too so I think he'll opt for Gerrard over Lampard for the attacking spot.
WestHamIFC

Re:

Post by WestHamIFC »

Euclid wrote:Only one name for me - Peter Taylor.

Go on C*nt me off all you want - But his record as U21 manager speaks volumes. OK his club record isn't great but hes been at clubs who don't spend money and has had to work with what hes got.

When he can cherry pick the best Englishmen then hes proven in my book.
Sorry, but I could not resist: :D

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 406616.stm

"Manager Peter Taylor to leave Bradford City

..The Bantams are currently 21st in League Two, six points above the relegation zone. ..
"
Westcliff Hammer

Post by Westcliff Hammer »

I'm pretty certain Redcock aint gonna be considered by the F.A due to the accusations aimed at him, Unfortunatly he's the best English manager around at the moment.
The role of England manager isn't a management i.e club level its more coaching and tactical rather than running a club. Stuart Pearce is pretty much nailed on i think, I wouldn't be surprised to see David Platt knocking around the England set up relativly soon
D C
Has liked: 1125 likes
Total likes: 1472 likes

Post by D C »

I dont want an English manager next, they are pretty much useless. Would any of you honestly take Redknapp over say Hiddink?
splott

Post by splott »

Look at the list on Page 1. Takes you back a few years doesn't it. How times change really !!
Yea Why Not
Location: Chips & Gravy you say? Well you can shove that up your ass

Post by Yea Why Not »

Mourinho for me. The man just wins and thats all you want at International level...