Next England Manager (non WHU)

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Who would like to see as next England manager??

Mourinho
33%
Redknapp
16%
Lippi
3%
Capello
14%
Scolari
3%
Pearce
5%
Wenger
4%
O'Neill
6%
Allardyce
1%
Coppell
2%
Hughes
1%
Klinnsman
4%
Hiddink
3%
Bilic
2%
Curbishley
5%

Total votes: 400

Fionn

Post by Fionn »

Torquemada wrote: I'd have said 'stay there Becks and play left back while I get this useless tw@t off'.
Luckily you're not the manager than I guess...
Bobby Orangeboom

Post by Bobby Orangeboom »

Fionn Kiely wrote: Luckily you're not the manager than I guess...
I disagree, that's how the best Academy in the World, Ajax, teach their Yougsters, to play in any position on the Pitch when required & be comfortable if asked to do it..

The result, the Dutch are some of the most technically gifted Players on the Planet..

Us ?? We haven't got one Player, except maybe Gerrard, that can pass the ball accurately with either foot.. :thdn:

Torque & Me as a double act in Management & trust me, i certainly would make sure that the Midget Wright Phillips doesn't go anywhere nearl Ashton up !! :wink:
Scaloni Is The Messiah

Post by Scaloni Is The Messiah »

Bobby Orangeboom wrote: I disagree, that's how the best Academy in the World, Ajax, teach their Yougsters, to play in any position on the Pitch when required & be comfortable if asked to do it..
Might be a bit late to start teaching them in a crunch qualifier, though. :lol:

Probably better times.
Bobby Orangeboom

Scaloni Is The Messiah wrote: Might be a bit late to start teaching them in a crunch qualifier, though. :lol:

Probably better times.
Beckham's good enough to do it though so no problems, **** me, he couldn't of done any worse than how Bridge played anyway..

Thinking about it, i bet Rusty ****ing Lee would have done a better job than Wayne Bridge done that night.. :|
Fionn

Post by Fionn »

Bobby Orangeboom wrote: I disagree, that's how the best Academy in the World, Ajax, teach their Yougsters, to play in any position on the Pitch when required & be comfortable if asked to do it..

The result, the Dutch are some of the most technically gifted Players on the Planet..

Us ?? We haven't got one Player, except maybe Gerrard, that can pass the ball accurately with either foot.. :thdn:

Torque & Me as a double act in Management & trust me, i certainly would make sure that the Midget Wright Phillips doesn't go anywhere nearl Ashton up !! :wink:
So you think that playing a 32 year old right winger at left back in an international match is good management? A player who, correct me if I'm wrong, has never played in that position before. A player who has arguably the best pass and cross of a ball in the world and is obviously very well suited to right wing should play left back?
Torquemada

Post by Torquemada »

davids cross wrote:International sport should be a test of your countries credentials in that sport and that includes players, managers and to some degree staff.

France should have a French manager, Germany a German manager, Italy an Italian and so on. I believe this should be through all team sports at a national level.

This will never happen though and I have no problem with a foreign manager as the rules stand at the moment.
The point is mate that some nations would never dream of putting a foreigner in a position of national coach. Take the Scots.....all their shortlisted candidates to replace McLeish are Scots. They have some pride that lot and hats off to 'em. Unlike N Irelend who are prepared to consider our reject. Is it any wonder that the Scots go ape over international games? You don't read anything about their supporters wanting their team to lose like you did on here and other forums about England before the Croatia game. I don't see anything wrong with a bit of nationalistic fervour
when we compete against each other. It's one of the few times most of us gel as a nation and get the opportunity to celebrate as one. Too much cosmopolitan thinking seeping into places it shouldn't be in my view.
Bobby Orangeboom

Fionn Kiely wrote: So you think that playing a 32 year old right winger at left back in an international match is good management? A player who, correct me if I'm wrong, has never played in that position before. A player who has arguably the best pass and cross of a ball in the world and is obviously very well suited to right wing should play left back?
Why don't you read the whole post before getting out of your Pram ???

Torque said " I'd have said 'stay there Becks and play left back while I get this useless tw@t off' ".

That takes the amount of time for the ball to go out of play next, 5 seconds minimum, a minute or so maximum..

If any Player can't play left back for that amount of time, then he should not be wearing the shirt in the first place, simple as that..

I'm hardly saying he should play there for 90 minutes am i ?? :shock:
Torquemada

Post by Torquemada »

Fionn Kiely wrote: So you think that playing a 32 year old right winger at left back in an international match is good management? A player who, correct me if I'm wrong, has never played in that position before. A player who has arguably the best pass and cross of a ball in the world and is obviously very well suited to right wing should play left back?
No I'd have continued to play Bridge and waved goodbye to my job on the basis I'd be too shít scared to do anything to change a losing situation like you and McClaren would/did.
Fionn

Post by Fionn »

Bobby Orangeboom wrote:
Why don't you read the whole post before getting out of your Pram ???

Torque said " I'd have said 'stay there Becks and play left back while I get this useless tw@t off' ".

That takes the amount of time for the ball to go out of play next, 5 seconds minimum, a minute or so maximum..

If any Player can't play left back for that amount of time, then he should not be wearing the shirt in the first place, simple as that..

I'm hardly saying he should play there for 90 minutes am i ?? :shock:
My apologies, I mis-interpreted what you were both saying... :oops:
Torquemada

Post by Torquemada »

Fionn Kiely wrote: My apologies, I mis-interpreted what you were both saying... :oops:
Ha ha ha no you didn't. Becks would have probably been shocked but by that time in the game I'd have been dog meat as manager anyway so might as well have a bit of fun and give the press something to have a go at. Bit like Sven taking a kid to the wc. The truth is that Beckham looked a ****ing site more comfortable in that position than Bridge did. I'd have done a Capello and shouted at Bridge 'you are a cúnt with a face like a penis, I don't expect you to like me just do what I ****ing tell you, get off the pitch. Becks play left back......cross the ball with your left and score two goals.'
rare as rockinghorse shat
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 78 likes

Post by rare as rockinghorse shat »

Southend Hammer wrote:My point is that the selection of the team is based on your nationality (or your parents nationality) so the whole thing is a nationalistic endavour. To suddenly accuse people of xenophobia based on prefering an English manager is ludicrous. Who would be most succesful in that position is a seperate question.

You have completely missed the point.

I have not accused anyone in particular of xenophobia, not least Torquemada, but just said that some sentiments shared struck me as a tad xenophobic. So it was hardly a slur that I viscously aimed at someone.

I merely stated that to want a manager from a rival nation over someone more impartial, from say Italy, strikes me as strange just because they are more familiar.

The point was that if an Englishman was not available, some people would prefer a British manager before a 'foreign' one.

It's a national thing... after England, all are foreigners as our manager.
Can you imagine the slurs we'd get from the Scots if McLeish took us to a cup win?!

I think that would hurt more people's pride that if it was an Italian.

Then again, most peope like myself wouldn't give a f***. :wink:
Herts Iron

Post by Herts Iron »

Stuart Pearce....?
rare as rockinghorse shat
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 78 likes

Post by rare as rockinghorse shat »

Herts Iron wrote:Stuart Pearce....?
Rumoured to be part of Capello's possible team, which would be great.

Not as manager though, not yet anyway. :thup:
Fionn

Post by Fionn »

More importantly who is going to be the next Ireland manager.... :wink:
neilbob

Post by neilbob »

BBC reporting it'll be Capello announced later today.

Terrific coup if it happens IMHO.
Arise Sir Trev

Post by Arise Sir Trev »

4 year contract?!!! When will the FA learn? You get 2 years rolling contact and that is all. If we don't qualify for the world cup finals then he'll get the sack and the FA will have to pay off another hefty contract. It just goes to show what a complete bunch of morons the people that run the FA are.

edit: That excludes you Trev, you're still my hero
upton o'good
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 121 likes

Post by upton o'good »

Torquemada wrote: The point is mate that some nations would never dream of putting a foreigner in a position of national coach. Take the Scots.....all their shortlisted candidates to replace McLeish are Scots. They have some pride that lot and hats off to 'em. Unlike N Irelend who are prepared to consider our reject. Is it any wonder that the Scots go ape over international games? You don't read anything about their supporters wanting their team to lose like you did on here and other forums about England before the Croatia game. I don't see anything wrong with a bit of nationalistic fervour
when we compete against each other. It's one of the few times most of us gel as a nation and get the opportunity to celebrate as one. Too much cosmopolitan thinking seeping into places it shouldn't be in my view.
Good point. As Bertie Vogts would say: "Ich bein ein scotlander!"
Scaloni Is The Messiah

Post by Scaloni Is The Messiah »

Arise Sir Trev wrote:4 year contract?!!! When will the FA learn? You get 2 years rolling contact and that is all. If we don't qualify for the world cup finals then he'll get the sack and the FA will have to pay off another hefty contract. It just goes to show what a complete bunch of morons the people that run the FA are.
It defies belief, doesn't it? Basically, if you fail to qulify, you get paid double for your work, despite being worse than expected.
davids cross
Uncle David
Has liked: 675 likes
Total likes: 1328 likes

Post by davids cross »

davids cross wrote:Shearer, Coppell, O'Neill, Pearce, Redknapp all would be a tremendous risk which the FA can't afford at this time......To minimise the risk of failure if possible they must get the best out there.....to me that is

Mourinho
Capello
Wenger

Personally I don't think Mourinho will want or be offered it, Wenger won't touch it with a barge pole, so that leaves Capello. :think:
Well mostly right :lol: Come on who picked the winner ?

The Brian Woolnough lookalike is in charge :lol:
IIIronss

Post by IIIronss »

Confirmed as Capello.