Man of the Match: Blackburn

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

man of the match blackburn away

green
17%
Gabbidon
32%
McCartney
7%
Upson
6%
Ashton
9%
parker
29%

Total votes: 123

Dicksie's Right Boot

Post by Dicksie's Right Boot »

To me, Gabbidon has always been a top defender. At the moment though his place as top dog is being challenged by Upson who has looked superb in recent weeks. Great pairing...long may it continue!!
rare as rockinghorse shat
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 78 likes

Post by rare as rockinghorse shat »

Billydinho wrote: take your tongue out of his arse, your breath's gonna stink. :lol:
I'd grant you that comment if you can honestly tell me i'm far from the truth :wink: :thup:
E13_Hammer

Post by E13_Hammer »

parker my mom

E13_Hammer wrote:parker my mom
Sorry :lol:
Billydinho
Has liked: 174 likes
Total likes: 770 likes

Post by Billydinho »

rare as rockinghorse shat wrote: I'd grant you that comment if you can honestly tell me i'm far from the truth :wink: :thup:
nah i'm only messing with you. i've gone on record to say that as much as i believe collins to be our best defender, you can't fault these two at the moment and i'm pleased as long as anton aint in there. he's a liability.

but i have to say, parker covered every blade of grass today and was really impressed wth his vision and compsure. he was my man of the match.

Yeah I know you're just taking the piss out of my romantic Gabbidon obsession :lol: :thup:

Parker did have a decent game and I think he was key as to why Tugay and Dunn never really got going.
The only thing was his awareness when on the ball and getting caught out on quite a few occasions, but I think we can put a fair bit of that down to lacking that extra match sharpness which will gradually return.
One thing that does look promising, aswell as him adding extra mettle to the midfield, is that he is certainly a player that looks for a telling ball. He may not be the most overly creative and talented player, but you could see a few occasions today where he looked to play telling balls between the Blackburn defenders that would have certainly created dangerous situations in favour of us.

Few weeks and about 4-5 games and we'll hopefully start to see what he can really bring to the team :thup:
davids cross
Uncle David
Has liked: 675 likes
Total likes: 1328 likes

Post by davids cross »

rare as rockinghorse shat wrote:Yeah I know you're just taking the piss out of my romantic Gabbidon obsession :lol: :thup:

Parker did have a decent game and I think he was key as to why Tugay and Dunn never really got going.
The only thing was his awareness when on the ball and getting caught out on quite a few occasions, but I think we can put a fair bit of that down to lacking that extra match sharpness which will gradually return.
One thing that does look promising, aswell as him adding extra mettle to the midfield, is that he is certainly a player that looks for a telling ball. He may not be the most overly creative and talented player, but you could see a few occasions today where he looked to play telling balls between the Blackburn defenders that would have certainly created dangerous situations in favour of us.

Few weeks and about 4-5 games and we'll hopefully start to see what he can really bring to the team :thup:
:thup: Thats why so many got intercepted, he wasn't looking for a safe sideways pass he was tring to do real damage...........I'm well impressed with him, that was only his second full game in about 6 months, as you say he should only get better in the next few games.
Hammer Laffers
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 17 likes

Post by Hammer Laffers »

Gabbidon, solid again today, back to his best imo :thup:

davids cross wrote: :thup: Thats why so many got intercepted, he wasn't looking for a safe sideways pass he was tring to do real damage.
Exactly my thinking mate.
On a sort of related side note, it's the same situation with Gerrard and his supposed poor distribution based on some flimsy statistics.
Essex Dave

Post by Essex Dave »

Welcome back Danny Gabbidon. Just goes to show it only takes a season to forget how good a player is.
west ham dancing shoes

Post by west ham dancing shoes »

gabbidon for me, my opinion of him really went down towards the end of last season with his comments but i was very impressed today, great game, back to the gabbidon of 05/06.
I've got curly hair too

Post by I've got curly hair too »

Danny Gabbidon - can't remember him putting a foot wrong and used the ball well and plays to his strengths, awesome again this week. Unfortunately Neill was poor, trying too hard at his old ground, couple of times lost posession that put us under pressure.
Harewood-3.16

Post by Harewood-3.16 »

Gabbidon. Hes still a clown ass for his comments at the end of last year.
Si the Pie

Post by Si the Pie »

jacko wrote:I can see why they gave it to Ashton. I think we looked more dangerous once he came on. I don't think we really looked like scoring in the first half.

That said I think Gabbidon or McCartney were my MOM.

I think Upson has made a massive difference to our defence. I think he's the one that organises us.
I will echo jacko's thought's. And also Green was excellent again imo.
Bobby Orangeboom

Post by Bobby Orangeboom »

Upson's turning into a collosus & i haven't used that word since JC's performances last season.. :wink:
rendog2

Post by rendog2 »

davids cross wrote:The BBC have given it to Lampard :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Paddy O'Hammer
Has liked: 511 likes
Total likes: 166 likes

Post by Paddy O'Hammer »

Head says Gabbidon

Heart (only recovering and thanks to) says Green
scatts
Has liked: 68 likes
Total likes: 72 likes

Post by scatts »

Telegraph have Green as MotM. Guardian have Deano as MotM.

Very interesting to read the different tone of article we're getting these days compared to what it used to be. Especially nice to see increasing support for Green to be England's #1 -
Before that he had headed wide from a corner, while with minutes remaining Tugay forced Robert Green into an excellent leaping save with a long-range shot that might well have beaten lesser goalkeepers. "England's, England's No1," chorused the West Ham supporters, and with considerable justification.

It was certainly a more satisfactory manner in which to win than the way West Ham prevailed on their previous visit to Blackburn in March, when referee Howard Webb awarded Bobby Zamora a precious goal in their struggle against relegation despite the ball not having crossed the line.

This time, with a largely British side in the top half of the Premier League and nine points above the drop zone, there should be no winter of discontent at West Ham.

Man of the match
Robert Green (West Ham) 8

• Made six saves
• Also collected one cross
• Recovered the ball nine times
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.j ... bla110.xml

http://football.guardian.co.uk/Match_Re ... 87,00.html
Travelling Hammer

Post by Travelling Hammer »

Boa Morte.

Him and Cole chasing the ball down is changing the way we play
GeorgeParris'Pet

Post by GeorgeParris'Pet »

millsywhu wrote:Danny Gabbidon! Followed very closely by Scotty Parker.

Dont want to sound critical because it was a fantastic win but I thought Upson was poor today. when watching MOTD2 tonight, look out for the Santa Cruz effort in the second half when Tugay played the dink over the top and Santa Cruz smashed it over, where was Upson? His lack of aerial presence at defending corners as well. Samba beat him to the ball on more than one occasin. Kenwyne Jones also out jumped him at UP agianst Sunderland. The two centre backs for me has got to be Gabs and collins
:thup:

Superb post. First time I've seen/heard anyone observe that other me and the old fella. Thought we were watching different games.

Upson's played well this season, but for some reason is getting far too many plaudits. Green, McCartney, Mullins etc all in front of him for HotY.

Mullins in particular has impressed me this year - been here for 4 (?) years and still seems to be improving - most players would be getting too comfortable by now to be doing that.