Can we have a poll on the Ground Share?

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Ground share (The Boleyn) with Tottenham ... are you in favour?

Poll ended at Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:11 pm

Yes
24%
No
72%
Unsure
3%

Total votes: 144

Pop Robson
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 17 likes

Re: Can we have a poll on the Ground Share?

Post by Pop Robson »

BillUp wrote: Are you saying that West Ham supporters that cant make the games every week have no say in the matter and as such have no say in any matters concerning West Ham??? Come on please, what an obsured suggestion to make!!! I for one would like to see the extra income, £10 Million a season would cover the players wages or go towards some top quality signings, after all the Guudies are not that rich in todays football world, they havn't got a bottomless pit of money. Football clubs pay out huge sums of money every year in Wages, Taxes, Dividends, Ground Maintainence etc etc, the figures can be mind boggling. These clubs have to make money through TV Revenue, Prize Money, Ticket Sales, Merchandicing etc etc and this can really struggle to cover the outlay these clubs have to make. This is why £20 Million over 2 years is a huge sum of money for us to turn down and a reason why we need to move to a new ground!!
No, not saying every week. Just STH and members only, no armchair fans allowed.

Newham Council and the locals may have a say too. Just poping dahn the Black Lion for a real pint of ale love, oh can't spurs are at 'home' :thdn:

'Just Say No'

We have a Billionaire chairman now, even Terry Brown (as a lifelong supporter) wouldn't have considered such a idea.
BillUp
Location: If God wanted us to play football in the clouds, he would have put grass there. Brian Clough.
Has liked: 1 like

Post by BillUp »

No, not saying every week. Just STH and members only, no armchair fans allowed.
I respect your oppinion even though its still absured!! :D
Last edited by BillUp on Sun Dec 30, 2007 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Devils Advocate
Has liked: 31 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by Devils Advocate »

BillUp wrote: I respect your oppinion even though its still obsured!! :D
Absurd or obscured?
BillUp
Location: If God wanted us to play football in the clouds, he would have put grass there. Brian Clough.
Has liked: 1 like

Post by BillUp »

I respect your oppinion even though its still obsured!! :D

Absurd or obscured?
Absured LOL! :D Damn Chinese Keyboard!! I like both though certainly an obscure oppinion!!
pbenjy
Has liked: 20 likes
Total likes: 54 likes

Post by pbenjy »

Spurs playing home games at the Boleyn would be totally at odds with all that is natural and decent.

Presumably our billionaire chairman doesn't need the money.

Why the hell would we want to help those planks by letting them use a decent size stadium while their own is unavailable.

In summary: No. No. No.
Hammer Smith

Post by Hammer Smith »

When we move to a new gound, no-one will care that we shared Upton Park with Spurs for a couple of seasons. £20million (or however much it is) will go a long way towards the development of a new stadium.
Hugh Jargon (Old)
Location: The Isle of Lesbos, Cuba- Tottenham redondo corriente con el pene que cuelga fuera

Post by Hugh Jargon (Old) »

Can't see the problem on a pure business level. Also it might be fun to see them get beaten by other teams on our patch...'Hammer house of Horror for Spurs (vs Chelsea!)
hadleighhammer
Gentrified
Location: On my computer trying to keep up with the Sky fixture changes
Has liked: 10 likes
Total likes: 7 likes

Post by hadleighhammer »

I'd only agree for £30m a season, which Sp*rs would never pay. So it'd be a no.
Sam West Ham
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by Sam West Ham »

I voted yes...

looking at it from a different prospective, how much would this benefit not only west ham, but the local traders ?

If i had a chippie or any food oulet i'd be humping up me prices x3 just for thoses lovely people from ***** hart lane :D

Burger and chips ... thats £10.95 please :lol:
fmgod
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 134 likes

Post by fmgod »

How can any West Ham fan can justify this is beyond me, this isn't about money it's about principle we are WEST HAM, we have values and tradtions and bending over for the Totts is not one of them, if we let them borrow our ground we are selling our soul, that to me will be the end of football and the vital point in whu the business venture.

In a word no
West Ham Dave
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 22 likes

Post by West Ham Dave »

Heysel76 wrote:Theres one here, not that i understand who voted or how the stats add up!
http://westham.wordpress.com/2007/12/27 ... y-results/
Just left a comment on there re

"Percentage" figures do not show a true representation of the feeling, i.e. 50.5% in favour of "for example" ten votes cast, is no where near the same depth of feeling as if 10000 votes had been cast.

Also amount of time it was "open" has been very small, so personally I don't think the numbers who voted will amount to very many.
RM9

Post by RM9 »

Anyone know of any shops to let down Green Street?

I'm thinking a Bagel Shop or Tattoo removal would go down a treat. :eh:
Sam West Ham
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by Sam West Ham »

fmgod wrote:How can any West Ham fan can justify this is beyond me, this isn't about money it's about principle we are WEST HAM, we have values and tradtions and bending over for the Totts is not one of them, if we let them borrow our ground we are selling our soul, that to me will be the end of football and the vital point in whu the business venture.

In a word no
Football in a word has already become a business venture. You think all these new owners are in it for the fun ? no, they all want a slice of the cake and we the fans have been sold down the river long ago... times have changed and the majority have just accepted it.

IF them spuds wanna come and share our ground for a few years, then i say let them, we charge them stupid money, take the piss outta the c**** for years to come, and our local commuinty will benefit....

The downside....seeing thousands of them c**** down green st every other week....

actually, i've just changed my mind.,.... no fuckin way !!

i could not handle seeing them in our manor every week.... i would rather commit sucide !
Hampshire Hammer
Has liked: 2488 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by Hampshire Hammer »

For so many reasons the answer has to be no, and from what I understand their fans aren't too keen either. I also can't see plod being too happy with the idea, there are kiddies on both sides that would see this as an excuse for trouble. Our lot would not want to let theirs have any bragging rights in "our manor". Even with modern techniques I would still worry about the pitch with twice as many games being played on it.

With all the money flowing around in premiership football £10 million a season is not that much, if they added another zero it might be worth the clubs while in that it would pay a hefty wedge of the new stadium otherwise not worth the possible consequences.
Fionn

Post by Fionn »

Thats a resounding no from yours truly.
joeyboy

Post by joeyboy »

They wanna come and play at West Ham but I say no, no, no!
derek zoolander

Post by derek zoolander »

on their "home" fixture would they get to use places like the boleyn pub etc etc instead of the usual west ham fans? Because i could see this sort of thing causing a bit of trouble. If for some reason our board agreed to this then we should have both fixtures being home games as part of the price they have to pay us.

Plus £10million a season is f*** all when you think that Arsenal make about £3 million profit every matchday from their new stadium. So they would make as much from 3 - 4 home games as we get off Tottenham for using our ground all season!!!! :thdn: Headbanger
Captain Slaphead
Has liked: 22 likes
Total likes: 43 likes

Post by Captain Slaphead »

Voted 'no' myself................

but I think it could be worth considering under two conditions :
(a) both WH v Scum fixtures are home games for us, and
(b) silly money is on offer.

Guess that we need to rely on our money men to drive the price up -- if the only options for the N19 c**** are Barnet or Enfield Town, then we I suppose we should take them for very penny available. Plus 10%. Maybe £20m a season is in the right area ????
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 813 likes
Total likes: 3033 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

There didn't seem to be much support for groundsharing the Boleyn when this poll was held , I wonder how our fans would feel about groundsharing the new ground ?

Any chance of a poll Mods ?
carnage
Has liked: 84 likes
Total likes: 709 likes

Post by carnage »

the pink palermo wrote:There didn't seem to be much support for groundsharing the Boleyn when this poll was held , I wonder how our fans would feel about groundsharing the new ground ?

Any chance of a poll Mods ?
You slipped up there, you didn't use "athletics stadium."