Opera Browser

Experiencing technical problems with either KUMB.com or your PC in general? Get help here.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, Rio, Gnome, chalks

Opera Browser

Postby brothernero on Sun May 19, 2019 4:13 pm

Hi, Some Tech Help please Guys.

Been using Opera Web Browser for 10 years or so now, always my favourite choice. (Yes I know some think it's awful)

Never really had any issues with it, but after yesterdays latest update, the newer version is having all kinds of problems. Worse is every time I click onto a new web page the opera window minimizes. (Desktop PC)

I have reinstalled to the previous version and everything is back to working how it should, but having read up, seems plenty of people are having the same issues and have done what I have done.

Trouble is at some point Opera will just update again. Does anyone know how to disable the Automatic Updates. I read it can be done, but found it a little to techno for me.

:thup:
brothernero

Re: Opera Browser

Postby -DL- on Sun May 19, 2019 4:49 pm

If it's a common fault, an update will be released to fix it pretty quickly I would have thought.

Your browser is the easiest way for nasties to be dropped on your machine, so I wouldn't advise not keeping it up to date.

Live with it for now until they come up with a fix. May even be worth totally uninstalling and downloading the latest version as a standalone rather than an update.
-DL-
Match thread guru

Postby brothernero on Sun May 19, 2019 4:59 pm

Is the possible to have a stand alone version? Sounds like a good idea.

Cheers for the advice, makes sense, seems quite a few people are not liking this latest update, so hopefully Opera will sort it out quicker than normal.

Cheers DL. :thup:
brothernero

Postby -DL- on Sun May 19, 2019 5:24 pm

Yep, just uninstall it totally, then go to their website and download and install the latest full version. Whilst I cannot be certain Opera does this, to save the size of the download, an update is just that, it just installs a few updated files, where as downloading it in its entirety from the website installs the latest version as a complete package.
-DL-
Match thread guru

Return to Helpdesk