Windows Movie Maker / digital signage

Experiencing technical problems with either KUMB.com or your PC in general? Get help here.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, Rio, Gnome, chalks

Windows Movie Maker / digital signage

Postby MadMart on Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:17 pm

Please help an old fool out here...

I have made a series of clips into an informative slideshow that I would like to have on display at one of my shops - can I download it to a memory stick and then just get a monitor and it will automatically play - it's only 20 mins long, so will it re-start automatically. Ideally I like to put the monitor on a 24hr times so it only comes on when the sop is open, and the slideshow/customer info piece will automatically play...

I looked at digital signage and it was all getting a bit pricey
MadMart

Re: Windows Movie Maker / digital signage

Postby Wembley1966 on Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:36 pm

Depends upon what size display you want to have and how much you want to pay.

Up to about 20" then you could use a digital photo frame that you plug a USB stick or memory card into and the inbuilt software will display the images. A 20" photo frame would be about £200 - or cheaper if you buy off eBay from China.

If you want a larger display then you would be better off buying a normal monitor and plugging a cheap computer or a Raspberry Pi (costs about £35) running Kodi into it to display the images. There's a number of free Raspberry Pi display programs that do more advanced things such as display the images from the internet, display videos, turn monitor on with motion detect.
e.g. https://sourceforge.net/projects/raspberrypictureframe/
Wembley1966

Return to Helpdesk