Luis Suarez: what now?

All discussion relating to international tournaments including qualifying groups/matches. Since 2006.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

bobbymooresbracelet

Re: Luis Suarez: what now?

Post by bobbymooresbracelet »

Puff Daddy wrote:I see a 5 year old lad called Harvey, bit a girl during a school match and told his teacher, " Well, footballers do that "
Probably took the piss out of his name.
Paddy O'Hammer
Has liked: 508 likes
Total likes: 162 likes

Post by Paddy O'Hammer »

Having laughed me nuts off at all the brilliant internet stuff and at his excuses and everything Chewy Luis! I then started to wonder how he felt watching his team crash out of the world cup - knowing that he would have made a difference.

I would have been ill, if it was me and even more ill-er again watching the world having a :scarfer: at my expense. I know I would not be able to take the flack! I would collapse under it all.

But then Cambiasso's insight leads me to believe that the lad is under no illusion nor suffering any regrets or pressure - as he is surrounded by 3 or 4m adorers. He is a hero in his own home and along with every Uruguayan firmly believes in the conspiracies and being hard done by the rest of the world.

Even though he knows he did do the chomping.
QuintonNimoy

Post by QuintonNimoy »

WHUJohn wrote:Good stuff Guys.

I fancy a pretty good record would equate to a bit more than success in every other shoot out however.

Interesting through.
Look at it this way, if England had a 50/50 record we'd probably have won a major championship in the last 20 years.
WCpete
Has liked: 1404 likes
Total likes: 3070 likes

Post by WCpete »

All of the psycho babble that's been pouring out of every media source about why Suarez continues to bite is driving me mad. There's no deeply rooted psychological reason for his behavior. It's very simple, he was trying to incite Chiellini to deck him, to elbow him, whatever he could to provoke a violent response. He was trying to gain an advantage. That's it. He's been caught 3 times, but how many times has he actually got away with it? Maybe countless. Who knows. As Cambiasso said, that's how Uruguayans play football. Find highlights of the '86 Cup if you really want to see what they're about.
nickkarkie
Has liked: 67 likes
Total likes: 166 likes

Post by nickkarkie »

WCpete wrote:All of the psycho babble that's been pouring out of every media source about why Suarez continues to bite is driving me mad. There's no deeply rooted psychological reason for his behavior. It's very simple, he was trying to incite Chiellini to deck him, to elbow him, whatever he could to provoke a violent response. He was trying to gain an advantage. That's it. He's been caught 3 times, but how many times has he actually got away with it? Maybe countless. Who knows. As Cambiasso said, that's how Uruguayans play football. Find highlights of the '86 Cup if you really want to see what they're about.
Agree it is absolute bollox, the latest one I heard was that he is the middle of 7 children but through football he feels like the head of the family and the pressure to provide for them takes it's toll haha
bobcar

Post by bobcar »

WCpete wrote:All of the psycho babble that's been pouring out of every media source about why Suarez continues to bite is driving me mad. There's no deeply rooted psychological reason for his behavior. It's very simple, he was trying to incite Chiellini to deck him, to elbow him, whatever he could to provoke a violent response. He was trying to gain an advantage. That's it.
I don't think he was doing anything of the sort. It was nothing like that cold blooded as he would always get caught out and face a lengthy ban, there was no advantage to be gained from what he did.

He lost it for whatever reason. It's far more likely he was provoked into it not that that is any excuse.
WCpete
Has liked: 1404 likes
Total likes: 3070 likes

Post by WCpete »

I agree he was in the red mist, but I don't think trying to provoke a violent response from an opponent necessarily means it had to be a premeditated, cold and calculated maneuver. He was trying to get Chiellini to thwak him.
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1788 likes
Total likes: 2072 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

There was a very real degree of pre meditation, or at least deliberation in it. As soon as the teeth sunk in the shoulder, he threw himself to the floor, clutching his face as if he'd been elbowed (in my opinion the real motive). Anyone who had done that despite himself, the inner demon if you like, would be immediately apologetic and contrite, not trying to con the ref for a dodgy penalty.
wolf359
Has liked: 1561 likes
Total likes: 1709 likes

Post by wolf359 »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28085880" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Luis Suarez bite ban: Uruguay President Jose Mujica insults Fifa

Uruguay's President Jose Mujica has called football's world governing body Fifa "a bunch of old sons of bitches" over Luis Suarez's four-month ban.....

What next they declare war on the FIFA (well the Swiss) ?
bobcar

Post by bobcar »

Johnny Byrne's Boots wrote:There was a very real degree of pre meditation, or at least deliberation in it. As soon as the teeth sunk in the shoulder, he threw himself to the floor, clutching his face as if he'd been elbowed (in my opinion the real motive). Anyone who had done that despite himself, the inner demon if you like, would be immediately apologetic and contrite, not trying to con the ref for a dodgy penalty.
No all it means is that as soon as he had done it he realised his mistake and tried to hide it. You only had to see him coming off the pitch at the end to see he realised what a mistake he had made.

If it was premeditated he would have thought about it and not done it, it was clearly some sort of red mist.
fmgod
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 145 likes

Post by fmgod »

wolf359

Post by wolf359 »

^^ some respect for coming out with that.. however 'twitter' reckon that Barca have insisted on a public apology before pushing for a move..take from that what you will.
ooh look who it is
Location: I'm a reasonable guy. But, I've just experienced some very unreasonable things.

Post by ooh look who it is »

Yep Barca bound I reckon
D C
Has liked: 1103 likes
Total likes: 1439 likes

Post by D C »

Yeah one of the Barcelona based papers said they wouldn't continue negotiations until he's apologised.

You can be almost certain he doesn't give a f*** and this is just for PR purposes.
mumbles87
Has liked: 55 likes
Total likes: 935 likes

Post by mumbles87 »

on a side note the barcalona team just got a bit more bite :wink:

what a front line..

neymar .. saurez.. messi
Muddy
Has liked: 12 likes
Total likes: 27 likes

Post by Muddy »

wolf359 wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28085880" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Luis Suarez bite ban: Uruguay President Jose Mujica insults Fifa

Uruguay's President Jose Mujica has called football's world governing body Fifa "a bunch of old sons of bitches" over Luis Suarez's four-month ban.....

What next they declare war on the FIFA (well the Swiss) ?
The Uruguayans have lost the plot big time.
bonehead

Post by bonehead »

he hasn't really apologised for his actions

he's pretending there was a clash between the players and it happened in the mele

there was no clash.......he launched himself onto chiellini with no provocation whatsoever

not only that, he hasn't apologised for lying about it either

it's a long way short of a full and frank apology

completely hollow, presumably orchestrated by barcelona

another example of the mercenary nature of the game that I used to enjoy a lot more

won't be sad to see the back of him
wolf359

Post by wolf359 »

bonehead wrote:won't be sad to see the back of him
Just don't let him see the back of you.... he might fancy a nibble :)
bonehead

Post by bonehead »

wolf359 wrote: Just don't let him see the back of you.... he might fancy a nibble
I bet he would as well.......the dirty b'stard :shock:
ageing hammer
Has liked: 484 likes
Total likes: 1475 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/worldc ... beers.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:D