Luis Suarez: what now?

All discussion relating to international tournaments including qualifying groups/matches. Since 2006.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

ironsjh

Re: Luis Suarez: what now?

Post by ironsjh »

I don't know why people are giving respect for the apology. Bare minimum that I expect. That's my opinion. If he does go to Kosovo will that basically mean Kosovo will NEVER become a member of FIFA?
Devils Advocate
Has liked: 30 likes
Total likes: 9 likes

Post by Devils Advocate »

What's now is that the Scouse have agreed a £75m fee with Barcelona for the nibbler.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28180600

Bet that's come as a surprise to every one.
AndyCarrollsBarber

Post by AndyCarrollsBarber »

Scouseland to implode in 5... 4... 3... 2... 1...

I found it quite funny that they continued to go for Sanchez despite his continual insistence that he wasn't interested in joining them in the slightest, then their fans called him an overrated judas when he opted for Arsenal.

Normal service to be resumed next season. Suarez is irreplaceable to them, and I think they will be lucky to finish in the top 6.
Devils Advocate
Has liked: 30 likes
Total likes: 9 likes

Post by Devils Advocate »

AndyCarrollsBarber wrote:Normal service to be resumed next season. Suarez is irreplaceable to them, and I think they will be lucky to finish in the top 6.
Hopefully they'll spend the money as wisely as Spurs spent the Bale dosh. Unfortunately, I think Rodgers is a bit more astute than that.

But there'll be a roaring trade in black armbands on Merseyside this weekend.
AndyCarrollsBarber

Post by AndyCarrollsBarber »

Oh dear, the backlash has commenced. :lol: Only in Bindipperland.
Rasp
Has liked: 47 likes
Total likes: 50 likes

Post by Rasp »

£75m for a footballer that bites fellow footballer's not once but three times is a disgrace, should be kicked out of the game completely.

The Sport is finished, football is not about the football anymore.

My grandchildren asked me, "why did he do that Grandad" and I found my self trying to make up excuses for this piece of ****.
mumbles87
Has liked: 55 likes
Total likes: 935 likes

Post by mumbles87 »

Devils Advocate wrote:What's now is that the Scouse have agreed a £75m fee with Barcelona for the nibbler.

some idiot scouser on the radio trying to say £75 million was too low? well if there is a clause for 75 million whos going to pay more than needed??
Rocketron
Has liked: 6 likes

Post by Rocketron »

]
Devils Advocate wrote:What's now is that the Scouse have agreed a £75m fee with Barcelona for the nibbler.

[quote="mumbles87"
some idiot scouser on the radio trying to say £75 million was too low? well if there is a clause for 75 million whos going to pay more than needed??[/quote]
A perfect example of tautology, mumbles. :thup:
vietnammer
Bucky the beaver
Has liked: 618 likes
Total likes: 578 likes

Post by vietnammer »

http://www.thepoke.co.uk/2014/07/15/lui ... a-airport/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Billydinho
Has liked: 174 likes
Total likes: 767 likes

Post by Billydinho »

Rasp wrote:£75m for a footballer that bites fellow footballer's not once but three times is a disgrace, should be kicked out of the game completely.

My grandchildren asked me, "why did he do that Grandad" and I found my self trying to make up excuses for this piece of ****.
Not like Julian Dicks assaulting the Wolves bloke then no?

I know it's not the same as biting but it's still something which is tricky to explain to kids.
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing
Has liked: 342 likes
Total likes: 362 likes

Post by Clacton-ammer »

It's madness really isn't it, 3 times a biter, and yet still gets his dream move to a beautiful city, with probably his wages doubled, to one of the biggest names in World football!

Funny old game/world.
officeboy
Has liked: 359 likes
Total likes: 125 likes

Post by officeboy »

Rasp wrote:£75m for a footballer that bites fellow footballer's not once but three times is a disgrace, should be kicked out of the game completely.

Billydinho wrote: Not like Julian Dicks assaulting the Wolves bloke then no?

I know it's not the same as biting but it's still something which is tricky to explain to kids.
Looking at the Wolves thing now it doesn't seem ridiculously bad, he didn't quite do the bloke on the floor even though I think he clearly thought about it - and then the Wolves bloke clattered into him he shrugged him off and got charged by another bloke who after Julian pulled him down pretended Dicks hit him in the face,
Which bit was the assault? I don't see the challenge for the ball as anything close to a red card (couldn't really argue with a booking though as there was a level of aggression in it ) then 2 wolves players run into it and he pulls the second one who barges into him over...
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Rocketron
Has liked: 6 likes

Post by Rocketron »

The result they probably expected.
The ban on competitive matches remains, but he can now train, tahe part in publicity and play in friendlies.
Seems reasonable to me.