Quarter Finals: Lionel Messi v Belgium

All discussion relating to international tournaments including qualifying groups/matches. Since 2006.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

nickkarkie
Has liked: 67 likes
Total likes: 166 likes

Re: Quarter Finals: Lionel Messi v Belgium

Post by nickkarkie »

Wilmots sulking in the press, calling Argentina an ordinary team, probably true, but if your own team create virtually nothing against an ordinary team then what does that make you? If wilmots had taken the brave decision to drop hazard then Belgium might have had a chance
kielhammer

Post by kielhammer »

This is the difference between a world class manager like the Dutch have in Van Gaal and we had in Wilmots. After everything the dutch do there is a logic. they can change systems, use players in different positions.

We had nothing of that. He only this week trained for the first time on corner routines,there were virtually no tactical trainings,and his subs were allways, go in and change the game,and then hope for the best.
D C
Has liked: 1103 likes
Total likes: 1439 likes

Post by D C »

I love a bitter press conference. Maybe if he wasn't such an ordinary manager he'd have got the better of ordinary Argentina. I knew he was a wrongun when I saw him wearing a blue suit with brown shoes.

I give Argentina no chance in the semi's though. No Aguero and no Di Maria, Higuain can't handle the pressure despite his instinctive finish. Van Gaal will have something for Messi, i'm sure.
Cambiasso
Has liked: 236 likes
Total likes: 37 likes

Post by Cambiasso »

DC: Did you give Mexico or Costa Rica a chance? They both gave the Netherlands a run for their money. I agree that no Di Maria will be a big blow to an already lightweight midfield.
D C
Has liked: 1103 likes
Total likes: 1439 likes

Post by D C »

Cambiasso wrote:DC: Did you give Mexico or Costa Rica a chance? They both gave the Netherlands a run for their money. I agree that no Di Maria will be a big blow to an already lightweight midfield.
Don't take it personally, i'm a pessimist. I want you guys to win (the whole thing)