Semi Finals: Brazil v Germany

All discussion relating to international tournaments including qualifying groups/matches. Since 2006.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

davids cross
Uncle David
Has liked: 672 likes
Total likes: 1308 likes

Re: Semi Finals: Brazil v Germany

Post by davids cross »

David Luiz last evening..

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=sid ... 26E57DDE3B" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sweeney Bod
Shirley Temple

Post by Sweeney Bod »

Watching that 10 minutes was surreal. Brazil imploded. Against any other team, they may have been able to regroup, but the Hun were like a pack of lions surrounding a wounded gazelle.

Do I want the Boche to win the cup? Well it depends on the winners of tonight's game:

The Dutch: No
The Argies: Yes

I am no German fan, just dislike the Malvinas Chasing buggers more
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 834 likes
Total likes: 4920 likes

Post by -DL- »

bigcarpchaser wrote: Enjoyed seeing DL crying like a baby
:shock:
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 804 likes
Total likes: 3018 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

davids cross wrote:David Luiz last evening..

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=sid ... 26E57DDE3B" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
DC, you are roughly the same age as me .

It's deeply comforting to know somebody else finds this sort of stuff funny .I'm actually bent over double laughing .

Someone at PSG is taking down the posters of him as we speak for sure .Jose gets it right again .
Sloffy

Post by Sloffy »

thought my facebook status was quite apt this morning

"Felt sorry for Paulinho last night. The last time he lost 7-1, was on aggregate against West Ham last season"

:D
Messiah

Post by Messiah »

Sloffy wrote:thought my facebook status was quite apt this morning

"Felt sorry for Paulinho last night. The last time he lost 7-1, was on aggregate against West Ham last season"

:D
First thing I said to my spurs mate at work this morning was "Last time I saw I home team so completely humiliated was when your lot hosted the hammers at the lane last year."
D C
Has liked: 1120 likes
Total likes: 1470 likes

Post by D C »

This is great for the final, firstly because Germany play good football and Brazil play like ****, but also because no ref in the world would have been strong enough to ref a final with Brazil involved in Brazil.

Someone on here was trying yo tell me Scolari was a quality coach before the tournament. Makes his team completely reliant on one star player and set pieces.
Hambrosia Stu

Post by Hambrosia Stu »

The Germans were fantastic, and I have to (grudgingly) agree with BILR. That is how football should be played. Total football pretty much. Short balls, long balls, high balls, passes to feet, passes into space, they do it all. And with the ruthless efficiency and organisation you expect from them.
Most impressive was the team ethic. They always pass to the man in the best position, even if a shot is on from inside the box. That, to me, was always the first rule of football. See who is best placed, and pass the ball to them. But so rarely do you see that simple principle so perfectly executed

As much as it pains me to say so, that was one of the best team performances I've seen in a long time, if not ever. From front to back they were pretty much flawless. Once the 5th went in, they noticeably eased off, but whilst they were playing at 100% they were incredibly impressive

Whereas Brazil were just awful. They were shown up to be the mediocre side they are. Whereas in the past they've relied on individual brilliance to cover for their lack of organisation, they had no brilliance at all last night, that all came from the Germans, and were just shambolic in their approach. Scolari's tactics were appalling. Sure, they wilted under the pressure, and heads dropped after the 2nd goal, but they were just awful. Made England look half decent....

I do feel for the Brazilian people. That's a hell of kicking they just got. But I do feel it has been made worse for them by the preferential treatment Brazil got throughout the tournament. In both the Chile & Colombia games, the refs essentially allowed them to win the game. On both occasions the better team went out, largely due to the influence of the ref. It did Brazil no favours in the long run, nor anyone else really. If they had been beaten by either Chile or Colombia, it wouldn't have hurt as much as last nights whipping. And if Colombia or Chile had beaten Brazil, whoever met the Germans would have been in far better health to give the Germans a decent game. As it was Brazil were fast-tracked to a game they were hopelessly out of their depth in, had no real right to be in, against opponents who were far superior, and were in no position to compete at that level
Faubert's Boot
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 26 likes

Post by Faubert's Boot »

Hopefully there will be an all European final. Holland and Germany would be a great contest of attacking football.
Torquemada

Post by Torquemada »

I could not have put it better myself Stu.
fjthegrey
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 1169 likes

Post by fjthegrey »

I just think the Brazilians need a bit of perspective. Putting aside the unquestionable ref bias, they got to the semi final. That's a very good achievement for them. The confederations cup last year has distorted how good they believe they are. Spain were a declining force and their dismantling in that final has created an over expectation amongst the Brazilian people.
warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

i'm still laughing :lol:

i don't particularly like the germans, but seeing the brazilians being brutally raped in the arse like that after getting away with murder in the previous stages was magic!

and funk their supporters too, when i told a couple of them they were a bunch of cheaters helped by the refs they just chuckled and said that they were the best team anyway so it didn't really matter. have some of that you w@nkers! Image
SpongeBob's Pants
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by SpongeBob's Pants »

Another thing that match served to highlight was that David Luiz is not, and should never be, a captain.

He needs a genuine leader next to him in defence to keep him in check. He was totally out of his depth as the "senior" centre back.

Just out of interest, why was Dani Alvez dropped for Maicon?
Morocco Mole
Has liked: 3680 likes
Total likes: 2384 likes

Post by Morocco Mole »

fjthegrey wrote:I just think the Brazilians need a bit of perspective. Putting aside the unquestionable ref bias, they got to the semi final. That's a very good achievement for them. The confederations cup last year has distorted how good they believe they are. Spain were a declining force and their dismantling in that final has created an over expectation amongst the Brazilian people.
Agreed. Without Silva and Neymar, a fairly ordinary team suddenly became a lot worse than that.

Mind you, seven..... :)
Billydinho
Has liked: 174 likes
Total likes: 769 likes

Post by Billydinho »

I don't think we would have lost 7-1 to be honest.
swash
Has liked: 141 likes
Total likes: 196 likes

Post by swash »

Think Carlton should check for some Brazilian ancestry, he would be a massive upgrade on Fred :D
D C
Has liked: 1120 likes
Total likes: 1470 likes

Post by D C »

Faubert's Boot wrote:Hopefully there will be an all European final. Holland and Germany would be a great contest of attacking football.
really? The Dutch have been more pragmatic than attacking this tournament. I don't think they've been great to watch other than 1 half vs Spain. Although I fully expect them to turn it on tonight now that i've said that :lol:

Anyway however they play, it'll probably be a cagey final.
_fortunes_

Post by _fortunes_ »

After the first goal you Khedira pin drop in the stadium!

Anyone hear of that fella that put some money on him to score and cleaned up. :raver:
kesh

Post by kesh »

Well put Stu, was gutted when Chile went out (had a fiver on 'em). Quality side.
Faubert's Boot wrote:Hopefully there will be an all European final. Holland and Germany would be a great contest of attacking football.
It'd be more like a 1930's match, or a 7 aside game if the ref is card happy.

That'd put the myth of no European side been able to win in South America to bed. Gonna stick a few bob on the Argentine bastards though, to appease the Mocker Gods.
bobbymooresbracelet

Post by bobbymooresbracelet »

Thank f*ck they are out no more listening to that Samba football b*llocks and listening to their awful monotonous drone of a national anthem, been lucky to get this far.