3rd/4th Playoff

All discussion relating to international tournaments including qualifying groups/matches. Since 2006.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

AndyCarrollsBarber

Re: 3rd/4th Playoff

Post by AndyCarrollsBarber »

Probably beating a hasty retreat before the rioting starts.
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2426 likes
Total likes: 2637 likes

Post by sendô »

What a game that was. Holland seemed to treat it like a friendly and didn't seem to get out of third gear. Brazil were woeful again, as was the ref who didn't seem to have a clue.
claretcloggy

Post by claretcloggy »

robben annoyed me hugely, but i'm proud of the lads in general..especially the lads from our own , so lowly though of, competition. Van Gaal has gelled them into a well functioning team and i'll be even a little bit sad to see him leave his post. also happy Wijnaldum scored the third, the guy has had a horrendous season filled with injuries so that should give him a nice boost going into the new season with PSV.
claretcloggy

Post by claretcloggy »

rsnwhu wrote:This is how classless and poo Brazil have been. they can't even be bothered to stay on the pitch to clap the opposition getting their third place medals. That is properly showing any lack of class.
:thdn:
tbh, this has been such a huge deception for them they probably just wanna hide under a rock now..and i can imagine they'd like to leave the stadium asap because of possible outrage by the fans.
but having said that, they could have at least clapped their own fans and given away a few shirts etc.
kielhammer

Post by kielhammer »

Holland did perform excellent this tournament,with exception of the semi final where they didn't manage to get their stars into the game.

Robben brilliant player,but the diving makes him almost unsufurable.
Van Gaal was likeable for his standards this tournament,and Kluivert seems to be developing into a good coach (never saw that in him)

And the funny part after the game was RVP losing it on national television and calling analist Pierre van Hooydonck al kinds of stuff . I thaught for the first time Holland would get through a tournament without a conflict, they saved the best for last tough :)
warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

kielhammer wrote:Holland did perform excellent this tournament,with exception of the semi final where they didn't manage to get their stars into the game.
and the quarter finals where they couldn't score against costa rica.
and the second round where they were bailed out by robben's diving.
but yeah, excellent!

:D
claretcloggy

Post by claretcloggy »

warp wrote: and the quarter finals where they couldn't score against costa rica.
and the second round where they were bailed out by robben's diving.
but yeah, excellent!
you should work for the weather channel, miserable sod that you are being :)
kielhammer

Post by kielhammer »

Yes they couldn't score against Costa Rica, but they played a good game that one, created numerous chances. They weren't brilliant,but with the talent they had they performed at the maximum.