Hodgson: let's see if his no Hammers policy is vindicated.

All discussion relating to international tournaments including qualifying groups/matches. Since 2006.

Moderators: Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks, Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304

Claretdave
Harry's estranged lovechild
Location: Congratulations you have just met the LME (Liberal Metropolitan Elite).

Hodgson: let's see if his no Hammers policy is vindicated.

Post by Claretdave »

Have all been thoroughly outplayed by Mark Noble this season.

If he does not get a cap against Germany or Holland, I am finished with England until Hodgson goes.

Creswell should be in ahead of Bertrand IMO.
Last edited by Claretdave on Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Northammer
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 5 likes

Re: Lallana, Mason, Shelvey, Dier, Wilshere, Drinkwater,

Post by Northammer »

When is the squad announcement?
SpongeBob's Pants
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by SpongeBob's Pants »

I dont get the clamour for our players to be included with England squads.

Would much rather they didnt go to the Euros, and get a proper rest and proper pre season if im honest.
OFT
Has liked: 2953 likes
Total likes: 1745 likes

Post by OFT »

SpongeBob's Pants wrote:I dont get the clamour for our players to be included with England squads.
Would much rather they didnt go to the Euros, and get a proper rest and proper pre season if im honest.
Bingo!
:thup:
POP POP POP Robson
Has liked: 57 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by POP POP POP Robson »

Claretdave wrote:I am finished with England until Hodgson goes.
Agreed. I'm starting to want England to fail miserably at the Euros because of that biased twat.
Claretdave
Harry's estranged lovechild
Location: Congratulations you have just met the LME (Liberal Metropolitan Elite).

Post by Claretdave »

SpongeBob's Pants wrote:I dont get the clamour for our players to be included with England squads.

That is one viewpoint. The other is that some players still feel pride in playing for their country, and the perception (or even reality) that you are more likely to get picked sitting on the Liverpool bench than bossing the West Ham midfield every week may be a factor in some players choosing to come to us.
White Goodman
Making excuses in A&E
Has liked: 254 likes
Total likes: 276 likes

Post by White Goodman »

Couple of small flashes from Rashford today. Repeat that in the replay whilst being largely ineffective and he will be nailed on to go to the Euros.
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2409 likes
Total likes: 2618 likes

Post by sendô »

Rashford had a few good touches and looked lively whilst not really creating a lot, and will probably get a call up.

Noble dominated the midfield again and played some great passes but will likely get overlooked.

We're 5th for a reason, not sure why our best English players wouldn't get a call up for a friendly.

Cresswell looked great too.
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 136 likes
Total likes: 2343 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

Agree Noble deserves a call up for the friendlies but aren't they the same weekend as his testimonial.
However, not sure he has outplayed Drinkwater this season. I remember them giving us the run around at the Boleyn. However much Noble deserves a call up I fear Drinkwater is one place ahead of him simply because they are top of the league and getting lots of media attention and is four years younger. ( I don't think Hodgson will call up both)
Taken Noble aside, I don't think anyone could begrudge drinkwater getting a call up
Beavis Danzig
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 734 likes

Post by Beavis Danzig »

Crouchend_Hammer wrote:Agree Noble deserves a call up for the friendlies but aren't they the same weekend as his testimonial.
However, not sure he has outplayed Drinkwater this season. I remember them giving us the run around at the Boleyn. However much Noble deserves a call up I fear Drinkwater is one place ahead of him simply because they are top of the league and getting lots of media attention and is four years younger. ( I don't think Hodgson will call up both)
Taken Noble aside, I don't think anyone could begrudge drinkwater getting a call up
my goon girlfriend pointed out when they were drooling over one pass that drinkwater made on match of the day that nobes does that half a dozen times a match.
steveyrockstar
Has liked: 171 likes
Total likes: 754 likes

Post by steveyrockstar »

Drinkwater is one of the dumbest surnames you can find in the English language.How can you have someone called Drinkwater representing their country. Fckung embarrassing. Noble just sounds way more...well, noble.
DDHammer

Post by DDHammer »

No doubt he should be called up alongside Cresswell but it is quite funny when we keep getting these threads saying how much of a **** Hodgson is when he hasn't even had to name a new squad since Noble has been in form.

Maybe we should wait until he announces his next group, Noble has been the best English midfielder in 2016, how many squads has he missed out on since then? Previously you could argue about calling him up.
fmgod
Has liked: 51 likes
Total likes: 148 likes

Post by fmgod »

Cresswell should be called up without a doubt, shouldn't even be a question
mumbles87
Has liked: 55 likes
Total likes: 934 likes

Post by mumbles87 »

I think iron mike has the most chance of going the euros out of all of our guys. there is no-one else like Mike that's what sets him apart from the rest

Can fill in at full back, either flank or even up top .. Plays a killer cross, some sexy dribbling and had a decent shot on him

Iron mike for England!
fmgod
Has liked: 51 likes
Total likes: 148 likes

Post by fmgod »

mumbles87 wrote:I think iron mike has the most chance of going the euros out of all of our guys. there is no-one else like Mike that's what sets him apart from the rest

Can fill in at full back, either flank or even up top .. Plays a killer cross, some sexy dribbling and had a decent shot on him

Iron mike for England!
Probably end up with bleeding Lingarrd in the squad ahead of him, for no reason bar who he plays for
James P
Has liked: 28 likes
Total likes: 171 likes

Post by James P »

DDHammer wrote:No doubt he should be called up alongside Cresswell but it is quite funny when we keep getting these threads saying how much of a **** Hodgson is when he hasn't even had to name a new squad since Noble has been in form.
I'm glad someone noticed.
Kermit
Has liked: 87 likes
Total likes: 315 likes

Post by Kermit »

That makes two of us. At least. .
ironsjh

Post by ironsjh »

I also remember Shelvey doing a number over him for Newcastle and he didn't play Wilshere this year. But yes he has rinsed the others- you can add Delph and Milner to that list.
warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

Beavis Danzig wrote:my goon girlfriend

Side of Ham

Post by Side of Ham »

Noble thrives on being surrounded by a few players with footballing intellect which is happening at West Ham hence his form. England barring Wilshere who plays in the same position are a thick gathering with very little football intellect.

DONOT TAR NOBLE WITH THIS BRUSH.