England VS Russia, anyone going?

All discussion relating to international tournaments including qualifying groups/matches. Since 2006.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

NorthBankAlliance

Re: England VS Russia, anyone going?

Post by NorthBankAlliance »

This comment was removed by a moderator because it failed to abide by our community standards. For more details, please refer to the Forum Terms of Use. Replies may also be deleted.
Last edited by bristolhammerfc on Sat Jun 11, 2016 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Abusive language
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2677 likes
Total likes: 1779 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

Some England fans in Marseilles were jumped on by a French Gang but the Daily Mail went with ' England Fans Sing Where Are Isis ' .
I hope everyone has a great time and comes home safe .
Liamj

Post by Liamj »

Upton Carp wrote:Nice to see the truly awful side of England's support raise its ugly head again.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-36496745
My son's out there at the moment said trouble last night was started by locals.

England had been in great spirits up until then.

This would be the same BBC who had their war correspondent Ben Brown ( I kid you not!) covering the tournament in Holland a few years ago.

We saw him before the Portugal game with a camera crew looking for trouble. When we asked him to film us happily drinking with Portuguese fans he told us to '**** off'!
Liamj

Post by Liamj »

Would add to my previous post that he said there's loads of Hammers out there & are meeting up with the Marseilles Hammers today
Macca1973
Has liked: 1831 likes
Total likes: 1145 likes

Post by Macca1973 »

Nice to see the authorities quickly removing the passport of a dangerous footie thug after his threatening tweets, next time a load of bearded gents wave plaques and threaten to behead serving British soldiers on their own soil I am sure the bobbies will be just as quick to round them up :thdn:
JerseyHammer
Has liked: 167 likes
Total likes: 167 likes

Post by JerseyHammer »

Marseille is not the friendliest of places (especially if you stray off the beaten track) so I can definately believe that locals started the trouble.

It's a shame the headlines don't make more of a reference to that really - "Marseille locals give England fans a nasty welcome" or something.
61dicksey
Has liked: 580 likes
Total likes: 424 likes

Post by 61dicksey »

Englsh "supporters" do themselves any favours do they ? ****ing idiots
Macca1973
Has liked: 1831 likes
Total likes: 1145 likes

Post by Macca1973 »

Just watching the coverage of the 'disturbances' on Sky Sports, their coverage, as usual is a disgrace, anyone would think the media in this country hate England and English people. The 'reporter' interviewed not one supporter to get their side of the story. The only person seen being arrested was a French woman in a pink dress which the reporter admitted he'd seen throwing bottles at the English fans but he seemed to find this highly amusing. He then went on to say how friendly the rival Russian fans were :lol:
Boris73

Post by Boris73 »

Pretty fair report of what was happening here. Starts 13.50.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/au ... ball-daily" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Seems pretty clear England fans were minding their own business and were attacked. Quite a funny thing about a local doing something unwise and learning the error of his ways pdq.
RichieRiv
Has liked: 305 likes
Total likes: 801 likes

Post by RichieRiv »

Upton Carp wrote:My point exactly, but I get called a prick for sating the same. It it your aftershave! :wink:
I suspect that neither you or the other one are there and are basing your opinions on whatever media outlet gives you are hardon.

Having spoken to my mate who has travelled with England for over 20 years including every qualifier and friendly and is out there now, he says we have been baited and targetted and simply stood up to it.

If standing up for yourself makes you an idiot, then I rather be an idiot amongst idiots than you.