Media lying about England fans behaviour

All discussion relating to international tournaments including qualifying groups/matches. Since 2006.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Whitters
Has liked: 91 likes
Total likes: 75 likes

Re: Media lying about England fans behaviour

Post by Whitters »

I was in St Etienne yesterday and had a wander around town before the game. As far as I could see it was all pretty well behaved, with the big main square full of both sets of fans mixing quite happily, the English fans noticeably drunker, louder, and in much bigger numbers of course.

There were plenty of nice scenes that I saw, like those normally reserved for the always-ever-so-lovely Irish fans that are all over my Facebook feed. For example outside one bar there was a DJ and hundreds of both sets of fans and locals were arm in arm singing 'Imagine' and other songs, an England fan bought a local family's toddlers a ride on a carousel, and so on.

However there are always a few idiots, like a couple of twats making a point of walking as slowly as possible and stopping in front of a local's car, pouring beer on it and giving it a kick, but thankfully I didn't see anything more serious than that.