Media lying about England fans behaviour

All discussion relating to international tournaments including qualifying groups/matches. Since 2006.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

delbert
Has liked: 701 likes
Total likes: 698 likes

Re: Media lying about England fans behaviour

Post by delbert »

acrimony wrote:" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

In summary, a video (appearing) to show England fans throwing coins at Syrian children. Disgusting.
Some proper precious comments on that Turkish Facebook group link........
hammerspl

Post by hammerspl »

Sorry if I am missing something here, but are we not scraping the barrel on the clip with the so called refugee children and English hooligan trouble
Morocco Mole
Has liked: 3648 likes
Total likes: 2334 likes

Post by Morocco Mole »

mental hamster666 wrote:That prick with the England 9 shirt really does need a slap!!
Sauce! wrote:Harry Kane?

Ok, he's been a bit rubbish but steady on.
:lol:
Robbie
Has liked: 68 likes
Total likes: 36 likes

Post by Robbie »

The Old Man of Storr wrote:
You could look at it that way or you may like to think that they were all just having a bit of fun and banter with those kids - the children don't seem to be suffering in any way , in fact they are profiting from the English fans - I personally don't think it's as bad as what it's made to look like .
Words fail me. That isn't banter. Look at the prick who walks up to the kid 'jesting' with his fists. The kids runa away.
Christ, throwing shrapnel at them like they are performimg seals. :fsake:
Westbourne Bill
Has liked: 130 likes
Total likes: 329 likes

Post by Westbourne Bill »

Substitute the tear gas with flame throwers - that should solve the problem once and for all.
delbert
Has liked: 701 likes
Total likes: 698 likes

Post by delbert »

If they were performing seals and I'd thrown a few coins their way then I would have expected a better show than that.....
RichieRiv
Has liked: 307 likes
Total likes: 802 likes

Post by RichieRiv »

So it seems that trouble is not limited to England fans in France.

It was kicking off at The Globe at Moorgate - and not a Russian in sight.

I got off at Shenfield this evening and SOCO were on scene at Hollands. An hour before Mrs RR got off at shenners and it was full on brawl.
FreeWheeling
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 28 likes

Post by FreeWheeling »

It appears those brave Russian chaps are now attacking tourists in Germany on their way home :thdn:
bobbymooresbracelet

Post by bobbymooresbracelet »

acrimony wrote:" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

In summary, a video (appearing) to show England fans throwing coins at Syrian children. Disgusting.

The said children are scousers.
Toulouse_Iron
The boy's got form
Location: A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth can get its pants on
Has liked: 279 likes
Total likes: 349 likes

Post by Toulouse_Iron »

On a lighter note, I watched the England Wales game outside an "Irish" pub in Toulouse (the Thirsty Monk) and inside and outside it was rammed with Welsh, English, Swedish, Italian and Scottish (don't ask) people who were drinking, singing and having a laugh together before, during and after the game. Much banter was had, much beer was consumed and the only injuries were to the vocal chords.....

No plod in sight. No plod needed. No reporters in sight either. Fun is not newsworthy.

A very strange moment though, was when a group of young, headscarfed muslim women went past, a chant went up of "get your face out for the lads".. I thought it was iffy and it made me uncomfortable but the women laughed and did just that: pulled the scarfs back to fully reveal their faces (without uncovering their hair) and poked their tongues out. They got a huge cheer, waved back at the supporters and went cheerfully on their way.

Lets hope it stays that good natured when the Russians get here this weekend.....

*Edit*: Just a thought: the England supporters were all probably living in or around Toulouse, not part of the hoard of travelling fans.....
WCpete
Has liked: 1405 likes
Total likes: 3071 likes

Post by WCpete »

I just read that a small group of the Russians that had been deported from France attacked some Spanish tourists in Cologne on their way back to Moscow. Two of the Spaniards were hospitalized. I can't get my head around beating up other people for fun. I'm guessing these people are loving the publicity?
mushy
Has liked: 640 likes
Total likes: 845 likes

Post by mushy »

Toulouse_Iron wrote:
*Edit*: Just a thought: the England supporters were all probably living in or around Toulouse, not part of the hoard of travelling fans.....
Were you there for the World Cup in '98?
bobbymooresbracelet

Post by bobbymooresbracelet »

The pulling down of the Iron Curtain has had it's disadvantages.
Rocketron
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 50 likes

Post by Rocketron »

Thanks for your post, Toulouse.
As you say fun doesn't create headlines.
I wonder how the muslim girls knew English.
FreeWheeling
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 28 likes

Post by FreeWheeling »

WCpete wrote:I just read that a small group of the Russians that had been deported from France attacked some Spanish tourists in Cologne on their way back to Moscow. Two of the Spaniards were hospitalized. I can't get my head around beating up other people for fun. I'm guessing these people are loving the publicity?
That is what I was posting about earlier Pete
7 of Russia's finest took on 2 men and 1 woman and beat the crap out of them
6 got nicked
Must feel like a result training 6 months for that , c****
Toulouse_Iron
The boy's got form
Location: A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth can get its pants on

Post by Toulouse_Iron »

mushy wrote: Were you there for World Cup in '98?
Yep. Toulouse was the only place England played where there were no major incidents...
Toulouse_Iron
The boy's got form

Post by Toulouse_Iron »

Rocketron wrote:Thanks for your post, Toulouse.
As you say fun doesn't create headlines.
I wonder how the muslim girls knew English.
No idea, maybe they just understood 'face' but it was obvious that the songs we're good natured: passing Swedes had just got a chant of 'you're **** but your birds are fit' and they replied by 'we're **** but our birds are fit ' and got a cheer so I reckon the women saw that and just joined in.
Toulouse_Iron
The boy's got form

Post by Toulouse_Iron »

There is also a language school just next to the public....
sutts07
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 539 likes

Post by sutts07 »

FreeWheeling wrote: Must feel like a result training 6 months for that , *****
Heard so many similar stories from what I would call 'everyday fans' out there who are not interested in bother in any way. The main Russian group in Marseille was around 100 strong (at times around 20 broke off to do their own thing) and was constantly on the move. They never plotted up in a bar and never made themselves an easy target for either the police or other sets of fans.

They would steam bars and smaller groups of English regardless of if they were looking for it or not and hope to scatter a few stragglers. They attacked anyone and everyone who was isolated and looked like they might be worth giving a dig. If that person was stupid enough to try and throw one back or defend himself that made him fair game for an absolute kicking and he would get beaten by 5-10 lads until he stopped moving, then to top it off have his pockets rifled through.

They made sure they stayed very well clear of the main (and very large) group of English lads who were looking to give it back to them, but the English were too big a group and were a lot more static (staying mainly in the Old Port area) so had become an easy target for the police and their tear gas.

This main group didn't stand still long enough or front up to the right type of opposition, they were well organised and extremely violent but also very sneaky and cowardly!
claretcloggy

Post by claretcloggy »

Toulouse_Iron wrote:On a lighter note, I watched the England Wales game outside an "Irish" pub in Toulouse (the Thirsty Monk) and inside and outside it was rammed with Welsh, English, Swedish, Italian and Scottish (don't ask) people who were drinking, singing and having a laugh together before, during and after the game. Much banter was had, much beer was consumed and the only injuries were to the vocal chords.....

No plod in sight. No plod needed. No reporters in sight either. Fun is not newsworthy.

A very strange moment though, was when a group of young, headscarfed muslim women went past, a chant went up of "get your face out for the lads".. I thought it was iffy and it made me uncomfortable but the women laughed and did just that: pulled the scarfs back to fully reveal their faces (without uncovering their hair) and poked their tongues out. They got a huge cheer, waved back at the supporters and went cheerfully on their way.
in these times, this a breath of fresh air :thup: