Wales vs Slovakia

All discussion relating to international tournaments including qualifying groups/matches. Since 2006.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

61dicksey
Has liked: 586 likes
Total likes: 435 likes

Re: Wales vs Slovakia

Post by 61dicksey »

Lee_WHU wrote:Wtf was Ramsey doing!! Bale set it up on a plate to seal the deal and he ****'s around.
Typical Arsenal player trying to walk it into the net.
pharaoh
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 1 like

Post by pharaoh »

RichieRiv wrote:Maybe it's my hatred of Arsenal. But in my mind Ramsey thinks he's better than he is because he's an Arsenal player.

As for Skirtel, typical bin dipping slag.

Well done Wales - glad you won.
Happy Wales won but not impressed by Ramsey, Skrtel looks finished, I can't see him at Scousers next year.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 258 likes
Total likes: 1161 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

That result pursue the pressure on England
OFT
Has liked: 3241 likes
Total likes: 1852 likes

Post by OFT »

.At 1-1 I thought they were going to get beat,
Well done Wales
pharaoh
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 1 like

Post by pharaoh »

Puff Daddy wrote:That result pursue the pressure on England
England should beat both on this form.
61dicksey
Has liked: 586 likes
Total likes: 435 likes

Post by 61dicksey »

Slovakia were poor but Wales had luck on thier side.
simonirons
Has liked: 376 likes
Total likes: 162 likes

Post by simonirons »

61dicksey wrote:Wtf was Ramsey doing!! Bale set it up on a plate to seal the deal and he ****'s around.
"Typical Arsenal" was what I said to that
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2691 likes
Total likes: 1788 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

That's the first one out of the way - I think England will be far too good for us though .
bobcar

Post by bobcar »

61dicksey wrote:Slovakia were poor but Wales had luck on thier side.
They certainly did and that final goal typified it - a player tries to dribble, loses it but the ball falls to a team mate who hits the ball off his shin and somehow finds its way into the net. However in tournament football luck is more important than playing well and why the eventual winners (not Wales obviously) who despite being a decent team will at some point have a large slice of luck.
bobcar

Post by bobcar »

The Old Man of Storr wrote:That's the first one out of the way - I think England will be far too good for us though .
I'm not so sure. England will play the better football for sure but Wales will hang in there, keep it tight and one moment of brilliance from Bale or a bit of luck and they could win it.
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2691 likes
Total likes: 1788 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

bobcar wrote: I'm not so sure. England will play the better football for sure but Wales will hang in there, keep it tight and one moment of brilliance from Bale or a bit of luck and they could win it.
Slovakia walked through the Welsh defence a few times , England are a far better side than Slovakia , I can see us being beat at least 3-0 .
Ramsey , Allen , Williams and Bale will have to be on the very top of their game and England to be poor if we are to stand a chance of a draw I fear .
Clucking Bell
Location: Make piss ..... check ..... crossed arms .... check .... wife hates me ... result!!
Has liked: 118 likes
Total likes: 130 likes

Post by Clucking Bell »

The Old Man of Storr wrote:........ England to be poor if we are to stand a chance of a draw I fear .
You can pretty much rely on England being poor once a tournament starts. I'm fully embracing my half-Welshness for the duration :D
bobcar

Post by bobcar »

The Old Man of Storr wrote: Slovakia walked through the Welsh defence a few times , England are a far better side than Slovakia , I can see us being beat at least 3-0 .
Wales are a better side than Russia yet England never beat Russia. Yes it could happen that England play like today except put the ball away and win easily but it could also happen that Wales win or draw. This is impossible to know what will happen and part of the fun of football.
DaveWHU1964
Has liked: 1296 likes
Total likes: 684 likes

Post by DaveWHU1964 »

bobcar wrote: I'm not so sure. England will play the better football for sure but Wales will hang in there, keep it tight and one moment of brilliance from Bale or a bit of luck and they could win it.
I'd also add that Wales will be extremely pumped up and motivated for this one. Far more so than England will be. Wales just need to make sure that doesn't over flow into sending(s) off, etc.

This game isn't a given for England, especially as (sadly) they aren't world beaters.
il_martello_di_genovesi
Has liked: 689 likes
Total likes: 2035 likes

Post by il_martello_di_genovesi »

Worst Slovakia performance in 2 years...and even then had enough of the ball and chances to get a result.

Ben Davies is the man to thank...Hamsik scores and I can't see how Slovakia don't win the game.
poplargeezer
Has liked: 22 likes
Total likes: 12 likes

Post by poplargeezer »

Wonder why Collins wasn't picked.

Know him and Coleman had a falling out a year or two back.

Think his command in the back 4 and danger at set plays would have got him in.

Wales weaker without him
Jumby
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 36 likes

Post by Jumby »

Slovakia are far better than many think, it was a magnificent achievement from Wales to win, they've done the country proud and can rightly go into the England game with confidence, I don't think we'll win but we can definitely draw.

England look so fragile when something goes wrong, straight after the equaliser the Russians could have scored again. Hodgson doesn't know his best team, with the players he has available that is poor.