5 plus Hoddle

All discussion relating to international tournaments including qualifying groups/matches. Since 2006.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Adam 'The Smudge'

5 plus Hoddle

Post by Adam 'The Smudge' »

Too much for me last night.
Listening to him spout biased ***** with 5 Spurs in the team tipped me over the edge.
Hugh Jargon
Has liked: 170 likes
Total likes: 475 likes

Re: 5 plus Hoddle

Post by Hugh Jargon »

Well said smudge. Last night was ridiculous. But that said the whole.team played well...apart from Sterling. He shouldn't be there IMO.

Glenda Hoddle.is an.enormous fanny. Pardon?
Oldun
Has liked: 165 likes
Total likes: 566 likes

Post by Oldun »

Funny watching Slav criticising Alli in the lead up to the Russian goal and Glendas pathetic spud bias excuses for him.
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 917 likes
Total likes: 1919 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

In a previous life he must've been one horrible ****.
Vince
Has liked: 62 likes
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by Vince »

Met him and the whole crew in Ft Lauderdale two years ago as we stayed at the same hotel as them for the two England friendlies played in Miami.
Had a beer with a couple of them at the hotel bar, Lee Dixon was actually a decent bloke.
Hoddle was a bit of a flas b*stard, didn't like my comment when I told him that he was a decent player in his prime, but not as good as our Geno.
Jumby
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 35 likes

Post by Jumby »

An absolutely brilliant footballer, an average manager and a rather poor pundit.

For some reason I have never been able to really dislike him, I should do but I don't.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

I know. Listening to him crap on about Alli does my ****ing head him, when he is not the greatest
bobcar

Post by bobcar »

Vince wrote: Hoddle was a bit of a flas b*stard, didn't like my comment when I told him that he was a decent player in his prime, but not as good as our Geno.
I wonder why somebody didn't like it when a stranger comes up to them and says they think someone else was a better player? :lol:
Boleyn Bill

Post by Boleyn Bill »

One of the best players I have ever seen. Way ahead of his time as a footballer and suffered for being born in the wrong country, where industry and tackling were valued over skill and creativity. He could do things with either foot that most footballers cannot do with their strongest foot. He remains the best passer of a football that I have seen. There are some youtube videos that show his goals that are well worth a look, a better collection of goals you would struggle to see (Le Tissier might run him close?)

I have also met him a couple of times at charity functions and he was always thoroughly nice bloke who was prepared to stop and take the time to chat etc. I do tend to find his punditry a little boring however.
Oldun
Has liked: 165 likes
Total likes: 566 likes

Post by Oldun »

You never saw Sir Trevor Brooking play then Bill,a much better player than Hoddle.
QuintonNimoy

Post by QuintonNimoy »

There are 5 of them and Hoddle. Tinker, tailor...
Boleyn Bill

Post by Boleyn Bill »

Oldun wrote:You never saw Sir Trevor Brooking play then Bill,a much better player than Hoddle.
I saw Brooking play many, many times mate. I thought he was a brilliant player who I loved watching. That being said I still rated Hoddle as being better if putting club bias to one side.

To each their own though and I appreciate that people could see it either way. I feel privileged at having got to watch Brooking play for West Ham for many years, it just would've been a dream to have been lucky enough to have seen Hoddle take over from him as Brooking reached the end.
Brendan
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by Brendan »

Brooking or Hoddle, saw both of play when they were teenagers and Hoddle was a better young player.

Brooking & Hoddle in the same team being protected by Billy Bonds as a holding player would have been decent.

Can see why we would think Brooking is the better player and can see why Spuds think Hoddle is the better player. If neutrals had a vote I think Hoddle would win the vote.
fjthegrey
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 1170 likes

Post by fjthegrey »

My old man, who worships Brooking and won't hear a bad word said about him, rates Hoddle as better, but Brady as better than both.