Spain Vs Czech Republic

All discussion relating to international tournaments including qualifying groups/matches. Since 2006.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

bristolhammerfc
Has liked: 212 likes
Total likes: 667 likes

Spain Vs Czech Republic

Post by bristolhammerfc »

Lots of tikka takka football with no end product
Chicken Run Supreme
Has liked: 872 likes
Total likes: 850 likes

Re: Spain Vs Czech Republic

Post by Chicken Run Supreme »

First half has been total Spanish domination but as always, they do try and walk the ball in the net.
WorcesterWHU
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 118 likes

Post by WorcesterWHU »

Spain do make me laugh. Pass, pass, pass, pass, pass and complete domination. 0-0.

End up scoring through a centre half from a cross into the box in the last few minutes.
fjthegrey
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 1168 likes

Post by fjthegrey »

I'll be honest, I'm glad these Czechs and the Northern Irish yesterday lost. Their 11 men behind the ball, pitiful attempts at grinding out a 0-0 have been deservedly thwarted. It doesn't make for interesting games of football and I'm glad it hasn't worked.

This is tournament football. Put your balls on the table and go for it a little bit. The Spain defence can be got at, the Polish defence can definitely be got. Maybe it's this 3 potential qualifiers from each group but it's created a fairly cowardly, scared to lose attitude in quite a few teams so far.

#Daretodream is the official hashtag of the Northern Irish. Didn't seem like much daring to me yesterday.
WorcesterWHU
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 118 likes

Post by WorcesterWHU »

fjthegrey wrote:I'll be honest, I'm glad these Czechs and the Northern Irish yesterday lost. Their 11 men behind the ball, pitiful attempts at grinding out a 0-0 have been deservedly thwarted. It doesn't make for interesting games of football and I'm glad it hasn't worked.

This is tournament football. Put your balls on the table and go for it a little bit. The Spain defence can be got at, the Polish defence can definitely be got. Maybe it's this 3 potential qualifiers from each group but it's created a fairly cowardly, scared to lose attitude in quite a few teams so far.

#Daretodream is the official hashtag of the Northern Irish. Didn't seem like much daring to me yesterday.
I do wonder if it's the extended format; 3 x 0-0 and you're probably through.
Hammericanio

Post by Hammericanio »

fjthegrey wrote:Their 11 men behind the ball, pitiful attempts at grinding out a 0-0 have been deservedly thwarted. It doesn't make for interesting games of football and I'm glad it hasn't worked.
This. I was so bored watching this game this morning compared to some of the others thus far.
warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

a first stage where two thirds (66%) of the teams go through is frankly ridiculous, what's the point?

but you get more games this way... games with weaker teams parking the bus that make for exciting football.

16 team was great, strong groups and little chance to scrape through. but no, let's champion-league this format too, don't you see how exciting those group stages are?