Belgium v Italy

All discussion relating to international tournaments including qualifying groups/matches. Since 2006.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Estuary
Has liked: 278 likes
Total likes: 117 likes

Re: Belgium v Italy

Post by Estuary »

Really enjoyed that game, there's nothing better than seeing a team success based on graft, spirit and pride in the shirt, ability and belief in the managers plan.
Belgium could have won, their forwards let them down, they created three real chances but Lukaku and Orgiri are not good enough.
warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

fjthegrey wrote:Candreva was MOTM for me.
he was class too, knackered at the end and still managed to think straight for the assist that closed the game. many good performances.

raggy wrote:The sun gave it to Feillani
really?!? :lol:
Dyl

Post by Dyl »

rare as rockinghorse shat wrote:That was sheer beauty from Italy last night. The best team of the tournament so far and one of my favourite neutral performances I've seen in some time.

The Juve quartet really are something else.
Blah blah blah. Give it a rest RATS :wink:

Italy were decent, well coached, willing to be horrible cheating professional foulers, and got lucky they were playing against a gutless, spineless, terribly coached team of individuals. Origi missed 3 sitters, Italy didn't shut them down by any means.
warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

Dyl wrote:willing to be horrible cheating professional foulers,
surely it's either "cheating" or "professional"
Dyl

Post by Dyl »

I suppose you're right Warp. I just hate it. 'Taking a yellow' for stopping a clear break-away multiple times. Just makes me despise a team.
raggy

Post by raggy »

Yep really warp, God knows how but yep, my dream team got a lovely set of MoM points for Feillanis performance!!!

They have there favourites and they'll always get the award no matter what actually happens.
Jumby
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 35 likes

Post by Jumby »

Pacey sides and counter attacking sides will cause Italy problems as will their 'take a yellow' approach to stopping them.

Belgium were poor.
bobcar

Post by bobcar »

warp wrote: surely it's either "cheating" or "professional"
You can do both. They are expert at the professional foul for which they pick up the booking but they are also expert at the holding pushing etc when the ref can't see or they know he won't give a foul even though it really is.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

I thought Italy's defending took on art form
warp

Post by warp »

warp wrote: surely it's either "cheating" or "professional"
bobcar wrote:You can do both. They are expert at the professional foul for which they pick up the booking but they are also expert at the holding pushing etc when the ref can't see or they know he won't give a foul even though it really is.
err... indeed.
but in the same action, if it is "professional", by definition cannot be "cheating".
also, most teams are experts at both the things you say.

i don't particularly like it either Dyl, i wouldn't be against changing the rules to give a red card in those cases (as for diving).
tomus

Post by tomus »

What is interesting about Italy, is that they have faster more attacking players to start or come off the bench that didnt, and if Candreva comes more central, he can not arf hit one from 20 yards. Could be an interesting couple of matches to come. great team performance.