ITV v BBC

All discussion relating to international tournaments including qualifying groups/matches. Since 2006.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

pharaoh
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 1 like

Re: ITV v BBC

Post by pharaoh »

simonirons wrote:I can’t bare upson, I’ve seen columns from him questioning if other players are “cut out for a relegation scrap” - absolute coward.
Agreed, it's also like Dowie the other day criticising an own goal and saying that a player should have scored, when missing a chance.
e17
Has liked: 280 likes
Total likes: 940 likes

Post by e17 »

Evra on his own might make it a win for the BBC

Excruciating ****
Bobby Moore Out
Has liked: 16 likes
Total likes: 18 likes

Post by Bobby Moore Out »

Meanwhile, over on The Home Of Live Sport, the Sky presenter at half time during the Ireland/Australia rugby match announced their coming delights thus:

"And coming up for you on Sky Sports, we have football . . . sorry, I meant Formula 1. Football is taking a break. It’ll be back in August.”

:lol:
S-H
Has liked: 5737 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

Bobby Moore Out wrote:Meanwhile, over on The Home Of Live Sport, the Sky presenter at half time during the Ireland/Australia rugby match announced their coming delights thus:

"And coming up for you on Sky Sports, we have football . . . sorry, I meant Formula 1. Football is taking a break. It’ll be back in August.”

:lol:

It's only a matter of time before they rename it Sky Football.

It's all they really care about.
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

e17 wrote:Evra on his own might make it a win for the BBC

Excruciating ****
He likes his clothes to fit snug, doesn’t he. That waistcoat he had on the other night looked more like a girdle.
S-H

Post by S-H »

e17 wrote:Evra on his own might make it a win for the BBC

Excruciating ****
Phil Neville in the commentary box, is up there with some of the worst **** that has ever gone out on live Tv.

I'd rather listen to people dragging their nails down an old blackboard for 90 minutes.
mental hamster666
Has liked: 62 likes
Total likes: 41 likes

Post by mental hamster666 »

Lineker, shearer, Jenas, Gaby Logan bloody horrible.
Faithless
Location: On a bubble nearing the sky.....Born 7 days too late...39 years n counting...Win a cup lads...

Post by Faithless »

I have to say some of the things Rio keeps coming out with are worrying, Frank is being used like a dampening field to stop it getting out of hand.
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

Phil Neville really is a man-vacuum isn’t he. Seems to absorb the personality from everyone else in the room and turn it into nothing.
e17

Post by e17 »

Neville makes me think he meant to get us knocked out against Romania whenever he starts talking

Disastrous individual
Faithless
Location: On a bubble nearing the sky.....Born 7 days too late...39 years n counting...Win a cup lads...

Post by Faithless »

There used to be great website many moons ago when the Neville's were both at Man U. Phil was always just in the background waving his arm in the air to get attention from SAF shouting "sir sir" with Gary rolling his eyes :D
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

Why IS Keane there? To comment on players that got sent home for endless criticism of the management?

He probably had a point in 2002, but he was still more concerned about settling a personal dispute with McCarthy than he was concerned with helping his team.
fmgod
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 145 likes

Post by fmgod »

Bilic just said the Germans came back last night like a Panzer division

Hope the offended don't jump on him, could be the end of him on TV with the way these things snowball on social media these days
Burningaham

Post by Burningaham »

Can’t remember pundit at the Nigeria game Friday when they were banging on about their kit - think it may have been keown.
Commentator said something about it suiting him and he should buy one - he said something back about now he had a decent tan it would be ok on him!
Faithless

Post by Faithless »

Burningaham wrote:Commentator said something about it suiting him and he should buy one - he said something back about now he had a decent tan it would be ok on him!
My don't post a comment warning siren is going off on this one ;)

It is true that certain colours of clothing do look better with different skin tones. I can get away with brighter colours when I've got a tan that just look terrible when i'm mid winter pasty white :lol:
Faithless

Post by Faithless »

fmgod wrote:Bilic just said the Germans came back last night like a Panzer division

Hope the offended don't jump on him, could be the end of him on TV with the way these things snowball on social media these days
He got away with saying they Murdered them in another game, If any of that offends you then you need to have a word with yourself (not you obvs)
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 137 likes
Total likes: 2353 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

ITV have always gone for the more 'offbeat' choice of pundits and style to provide a point of difference to the 'heaviness' of BBC

On most occasions over the years it hasn't worked (IMHO), but this year it has come together well.

I am probably in the minority but I really like Evra and him and Keane is always amusing

Rio, Lampard and Shearer are obviously the BBC top dog line-up, and Rio and Lampard are very good (IMHO). Shearer just ruins it all
e17

Post by e17 »

Crouchend_Hammer wrote:Rio, Lampard and Shearer are obviously the BBC top dog line-up, and Rio and Lampard are very good (IMHO). Shearer just ruins it all
Shearer is a good laugh whenever VAR is mentioned though. Like a dog with a bone.
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing
Has liked: 342 likes
Total likes: 362 likes

Post by Clacton-ammer »

I have not got a problem like most, many pros & cons, Evra I find a little difficult to listen to.

One person does grate me, is Kevin Kilbane on commentary, he does do my nut. Ally McCoist is doing well though for me.
S-H

Post by S-H »

Clacton-ammer wrote:I Ally McCoist is doing well though for me.
:thup: