ITV v BBC

All discussion relating to international tournaments including qualifying groups/matches. Since 2006.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

hamstas_paradise
Has liked: 26 likes
Total likes: 27 likes

Re: ITV v BBC

Post by hamstas_paradise »

:thup: That's a useful comparison of the time delays.... Especially if you are betting in play!

On the pundits.... One of the newspapers compared the BBC to the banter you get in the pub, as they are so relaxed with each other (which is where Lineker excels) and the ITV as stiffer like a dinner party with people who don't each other well. Generally I find the BBC panel for the big games more enjoyable.

Onthe plus side for ITV Bilic speaks his mind and Gary Neville is usually astute but he annoyed me yesterday trying to blame the keeper for Russia's first goal. he said it was a yard and a half inside the post and 'Courtois would have got it'. Firstly, Courtois is a giant, and second when it crossed the line it was close to the post, the curl meant it had come back inside a lot by the time it hit the net. I thought Neville made himself look churlish with that comment.
Westbourne Bill
Has liked: 129 likes
Total likes: 329 likes

Post by Westbourne Bill »

Yep, some of Neville's criticism of keepers when conceding goals is ridiculous.

John Champion with McCoist on ITV is my favourite commentary combo.
Has liked: 53 likes
Total likes: 53 likes

Post by 1966 »

Trouble with many pundits is they have limited vocab. "He stuck the ball in the back of the net" need only be "he scored" yet they repeat it over and over again.
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 1979 likes
Total likes: 1466 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

Martin Keown sounds like a thick bumpkin. Terrible co-commentary. :thdn:
brothernero
Has liked: 702 likes
Total likes: 717 likes

Post by brothernero »

westham,eggyandchips wrote:Martin Keown sounds like a thick bumpkin. Terrible co-commentary. :thdn:
He is always shocking. At one point he had a go at the Croatia player for time wasting. Er Martin they were losing at the time in the World Cup Final, why on earth would he be time wasting.
brothernero
Has liked: 702 likes
Total likes: 717 likes

Post by brothernero »

The BBC are obsessed with the rain, they have mentioned it about 2000 times. :lol: